- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for May 15
- Flemington hosts nine races on May 15
- The track will likely race in the soft range
- Justin Darcy provides full Saturday
Sartorial Splendor will run as our best bet of the day (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on May 15 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for May 15
Race 1 - 11.45am Celebrating 20yrs Of The Arhof Tips
7. RIVER VIEWS was caught three-wide with no cover on debut in the Inglis Banner on Cox Plate Day and was then tipped out. Now in the stable of Mick Price and Mick Kent Jr, he bolted in via a recent trial at Cranbourne over 800m. This gelding operation seems to have really brought on this two-year-old.
3. I Am War is big value in the event after having a spring prep where he finished fourth behind Ingratiating and General Beau before pulling up mucus at start two. I have heard a whisper the he is going well this time in, so with the race experience, he gets thrown into exotics.
4. Lafargue won a jump out recently in strong fashion, although was under pressure when doing so. There is a motor there.
6. Reynaire has to be counted purely because he comes from the powerful Maher and Eustace stable who dominate these two-year-old races.
Race 2 - 12.20pm Goodwood Trophy Tips
2. SWEET KAROLINA is one of my favourites running around not only for her looks, but because of the way that she can attack the line. This season she has only missed the placings once from seven attempts, so she is a very genuine filly who will also be suited by the long Flemington straight.
1. Star Of Eden took out her deserved maiden at Sale two back before contesting the Auraria last start where she led and faded. Back to the mile off a four-week break, along with a big drop back in class suits.
8. Surecan is the little sister of Persan who is only going to get better with racing. She chased well last start in 58 grade, but now finds herself in 78 grade as favourite?
9. Countess Tessa is building to a win this prep after three solid runs. Last start behind Grand Pope was a good effort and she will be competitive again at an each-way quote.
Race 3 - 12.55pm Breeder's Handicap Tips
If 1. SARTORIAL SPLENDOR runs up to last start's win, he is the best bet on the program. Matthew Cartwright takes the mount taking a valuable 3kg off of his back, bringing him down to 55kg. Nothing can lead him in this race and if not bothered too much in front, he will be off and gone before they see which way he is going.
2. Ididitforlove was no match for the latter last start, managing a third placing after some heavy support late in the piece. He pulled up with a couple of post-race issues, but in the end, it is hard to see him turning the tables on the top weight.
5. Chicago Cub has been overlooked in the market with a brilliant fresh record along with a 50% strike rate at Flemington. Fred Kersley has won aboard him twice from three attempts.
3. The Centaurian is a fresh horse who puts in his best efforts off a break. His soft track form is shocking, but his heavy track and good track form reads well. Not sure what to make of that.
Race 4 - 1.30pm Australian Racing Hall of Fame Trophy Tips
2. ANOTHER DOLLAR did enough behind Yonkers last start to warrant a lot of respect in this on a soft track. He comes into the event third-up off a grinding effort last start, and should appreciate the longer circuit of Flemington. There is not a heap of class in the race, so it could be a valuable opportunity to pinch a Saturday win.
6. Tavirun is low-flying at the moment, looking as if he is the winner at his last two starts before his fitness gave out in both runs. He stuck on well at Warrnambool last start and with Froggy Newitt on board, that's a positive sign that he will go forward from the inside alley.
8. Don't Doubt Dory has been going well this prep with a nice third placing two-back and a narrow fifth in a bunched finish last start. 2000m is the query but he has a turn of foot which most of these horses do not have. Just too short in the market for mine.
4. Hypnos is the interesting runner from NZ, with some nice form behind him, but untested in Australia. I was not sure how to judge him coming into this, but I would rather him on my side than left out.
Race 5 - 2.10pm Curragh Leilani Tips
3. CORDILLA just could not get past a smart one with a low weight last start at Sandown, but did have every opportunity in doing so. I do believe she is better drawn a little wider where she can swoop rather than duck and dive between runners, so barrier seven looks ideal. Flemington is a tick, as is the step back to 1200m.
8. Plaquette just missed last start after some heavy support behind Intrepidacious. Flemington looks a beautiful track for her to wind up and hit the line, and drawing a little wider just giver her that room to move. Our top selection and this mare will be looking to make their runs together.
9. Don'ttelltheboss will be a pair behind these two as well, often settling out the back and looking to launch over the top late. She only just missed at Caulfield two-back and did enough in a stakes race last start in Adelaide.
7. Bons Abroad had her turn after a beautiful run in transit last start and although drawn to get a similar run, this is stronger.
Race 6 - 2.50pm The Andrew Ramsden Tips
5. MIAMI BOUND was third in the Sydney Cup last start and third in the Tancred two back , much stronger form that what anything outside the top three in the market have done. Although this is definitely an afterthought, her class will take her a long way, and the odd shower or two that is due will not hurt her chances.
I am very scared of 3. Persan as his best is much better than these horses, with a two length fifth placing in a Melbourne Cup and a win in the Bart Cummings last year next to his name. We are just not sure what happened last start, but if you forgive that run, most would have him on top.
6. Realm Of Flowers had a good prep without winning in Sydney, proving a probable good thing beaten in the Sydney Cup when running fifth. I do not want to take $3.90 about her with two very good stayers in the race, but I can see why she will be well liked in the race.
2. Grand Promenade needed to win last start when looking a moral, and did so in fine style. He had it his own way in front, but sprinted well off that tempo.
Race 7 - 3.30pm Royal Ascot Silver Bowl Tips
1. RANTING is the best horse in the race, but has a big impost to carry, giving some nice up and coming types weight. His first-up run in the Tobin Bronze was very good at Group Two level, beaten by two very smart horses, coming home from last. Seven furlongs should pose no issues and as long as he is all good between the ears (which can be an issue with him), class is going to take him a long way.
10. Grand Pope is one of those horses poorly weighted on rating points, but has a stack of ability with the penny not yet dropping. Flemington looks very suitable for his big finish.
6. Winsum pulled up with post-race issues last start and can be forgiven. The Keys stable have them ready to go on Grand Final day.
4. Rathlin found some better form last start when beaten on the post by Real Sensation. That horse has been racing well which looks good enough form for this.
Race 8 - 4.08pm Congratulations ARHOF Inductees Tips
1. REYKJAVIK is a horse to follow when he carries 57kg or less and has cover, which he does here thanks to the claim and barrier four in a big field. He has a terrific Flemington record and has been around the mark with bigger weights in stronger company. The last time he carried this weight , he finished five lengths from Mr Quickie in a Toorak and just over a length from Behemoth in a Sir Rupert Clarke.
4. Riddle Me That was well tipped last start, but was beaten fair and square by Still A Star. Back to Flemington is the positive for this galloper.
13. Biometric knows how to run a nice race without winning, last start looking the winner at Sandown behind Dice Roll and 7. Yulong January, but just peaking late.
10. Native Soldier looks a big price for a horse getting fitter and is all class on his day.
Race 9 - 4.45pm York Trophy Tips
2. MR TIPLA is a big price for a horse who is absolutely flying this time around. First-up, he was great behind Dice Roll who was a subsequent winner, while he just missed in the Altai Ranger and Cordilla race last start, both looking big chances on today's card. He gets beautiful cover early from barrier three Tom Stockdale takes a valuable 2kg off along with having won aboard the horse previously.
10. Ocean Miss has been great at both starts back this prep, kicking off with a win at Sale and a narrow second behind a fit and in-from Good And Proper here last start. She is a winner third-up and Jake Noonan has a great affiliation with her.
17. San Fabrizio needs a run but was good first-up at Bendigo when heavily supported in the market. Although beaten by a roughie, the market support showed that the horse is better than average coming from the Hawkes stable.
14. Dirty Deeds has recorded three second placings this time around but draws sticky in gate one. Can't knock his consistency.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 11.45am with the last to jump at 4.45pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Sartorial Splendor as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Sartorial Splendor and Sweet Karolina will run as our best bets of the day.
Mr Tipla will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Sartorial Splendor To Win @140.00 at BetMGM - 12 Units
Next Best Bet: Sweet Karolina To Win @380.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 6 Units
Value Bet: Mr Tipla Each-Way @1300.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units