- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
- Tuesday 27
- Wednesday 28
- Thursday 29
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for March 6
- Flemington hosts Super Saturday this weekend
- The Newmarket Handicap and Australian Cup are the two feature races
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for March 6
Lunakorn will run as our Best Bet on Super Saturday. (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on March 6 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for March 6
Race 1 - 12.20pm TBV Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes Tips
Going with some value here in 4. DE LONG STAR who looks nicely placed up in trip, coming out of a strong Maiden at Sandown where the winner would be hard to beat if in this race. She was still very new to it all and was running on as if she was in need of the extra ground. If this filly handles the straight, she will run a much better race than what the market suggests.
3. La Rocque is under the odds off one win at Bendigo where she did not beat a whole lot. The second horse Tiz My Bay was only average at Sandown on Wednesday. She did beat Tyccon Humma in an official trial, however.
2. Flying Evelyn dug deep to win at Moonee Valley but the form in behind is a little questionable. All you can do is win though.
1. Tempest Charm comes out of the De Long Star race last start where she was buried away on the fence. She is a much better horse than that as was evident last prep behind Sneaky Five and Dosh.
Race 2 - 12.55pm Lexus Melbourne Cup Tour Tips
7. ANNAVISTO is short but she was well respected in a Danehill Stakes market which is a much stronger race than what she faces here. The daughter of Reliable Man resumed with a first-up win at Pakenham where she planted herself on pace and was just a class above. She will have come on with fitness and the rise in trip this time in does look ideal for a progressive filly.
8. Miss Inbetween is a big danger if she gets luck, which she never seems to find. She had next to no room in the Typhoon Tracy Stakes when sitting last and got though very late on the inside to pinch sixth, but the margin was not fair. 1400m is the tick.
5. Cumberbatch was good last time in against weaker opposition, but resumed with a very good second to Tuvalu who could be anything. Jamie Kah sticks and a big flat track like Flemington will only help.
2. Confrontational goes best with Noel Callow aboard, winning the Geelong Classic and placing second behind Ain'tnodeeldun on Melbourne Cup day. Is better over further but getting to Flemington is the plus to bump him into the four.
Race 3 - 1.30pm Furphy Ale March Stakes Tips
We see the return of Thousand Guineas winner 5. ODEUM who by all reports is in magnificent condition and ready to win first-up. The small field suits first-up as does the 1400m where she will have the opportunity to show her turn of foot rather than chase the entire way. This filly came on leaps and bounds last prep, so as long as she gets luck from the inside then she is by far the horse to beat.
2. Pretty Brazen now has a Group One placing next to her name after a great run in the Rupert Clarke last time in work. Prior to that, she beat Arcadia Queen over this track and trip. 1400m is ideal first-up as is the wide gate where she will have room to move. Has the class.
1. So Si Bon comes out of the Futurity Stakes which stands out on paper. He is just a horse that is near impossible to catch thought but is always around the mark.
7. Holbein needs a genuine tempo to perform to his best so he will be hoping Pretty Brazen claps on some speed.
Race 4 - 2.05pm MSS Security Sires' Produce Stakes Tips
10. HITOTSU was in need of more ground in the Blue Diamond when caught chasing from a long way out when the hot speed from Enthaar. He was very good in a Prelude prior to that effort as well so he looks to be underestimated in this market. This colt will thrive over the 1400m journey and the long Flemington straight, so from a soft gate, he goes on top.
2. Paulele brings the Sydney form down where he started $3.20 in a Silver Slipper. He found a lot of trouble in that event and is breed to go further so the 1400m looks ideal. Godolphin at Flemington stats are not great, but you can't denyh is SP profile coming out of a strong race last start.
3. Lightsaber has done nothing wrong to date, winning his last two races, especially last start in dominant fashion. He goes forward and will be in this for a long way.
5. Daily Bugle was very good behind Lightsaber last start and will appreciate a long Flemington straight, but the gate does zero favours for his chances.
Race 5 - 2.45pm Incognitus Stakes Tips
2. OXLEY ROAD is clearly the horse to beat after a dominant straight track win in a weaker race two back before toying with It'sourtime in the Zeditave last start at Caulfield. He has the natural gate speed and drawing wide on the track will be perfect in this field. This is his toughest test to date, but he has shown too much potential to ignore.
5. Marboosha loves the straight track as she showed last prep when running second to Written Beauty in the Red Roses. She is a winner first-up and yet to miss the top three so she looks a great chance once again. Her trials in Sydney have been very good.
3. Bella Nipotina always runs well in the Inglis race but this looks tougher than what she faced last week. That being said, she was still very good and showed her versatility by handling the straight track well.
7. Pinkham was a little flat last start at Caulfield, but we know the motor is there so she just needs to handle the straight to be competitive.
Race 6 - 3.25pm Seppelt Wines Newmarket Handicap Tips
14. SEPTEMBER RUN is the best horse in this race and she proved that last start with a slashing second in the Lightning Stakes behind Nature Strip. That was her first defeat in four goes down the straight, with her previous win coming in the Coolmore Stud Stakes over 1200m. She draws well in barrier eight and I would not be shocked to see her ridden more positively to ensure she stays out of trouble. Her regular race pattern is the only knock in what is always a hard event to win.
18. Swats That has been the bridesmaid to the favourite in three clashes, including a third placing last start in the Lightning Stakes. She draws wide, has great tactical speed and will be the one they need to run down with 100m to go.
10. Brooklyn Hustle should have won last start in the Oakleigh Plate but that is the story of her life with a backmarkers racing pattern. She has a Group One win in her (it may be the Sangster), but I am still expecting her to run well here.
15. Sirius Suspect will lead them up and be the one to catch with a furlong to go. He has been in great form and has trialled up a like bomb in prep for this. Jamie Kah had the choice of a few horses in the race and went with this boy, which is a good sign.
Race 7 - 4.05pm Lexus Matron Stakes Tips
7. LUNAKORN is a Flemington horse to me after her win at the end of last prep where she showed a huge turn-of-foot to put some in-form horses to the sword. First-up she was very good at Caulfield in a strong Mannerism Stakes, now coming into this event which does look a touch weaker on paper. Jamie Kah is choosing to ride this horse after riding 7. Quantum Mechanic last start, so I am expecting she is the horse to beat. Best bet of the day.
3. Spanish Reef is ticking along nicely, a much better autumn horse than she is spring. She was good in the Mannersim and has good form second-up. She took this out in 2018 and 2019, so there is no doubt she will be in this race again.
2. Silent Sovereign was too good first-up when beating a subsequent Stakes place getter. Her second-up run was a little flat but expect big improvement third-up.
Quantum Mechanic is always around the mark, but this is much tougher than what she has been facing this prep.
Race 8 - 4.45pm TAB Australian Cup Tips
This is a wide race outside of 3. FIFTY STARS who should win if he gets luck from the barrier. He was the winner of this race last year off the back of a Blamey Stakes win, but this year he comes out of a very fast run and strong Blamey and now entering a weaker Australian Cup. The stable have said he has pulled up well so to me, only back luck beats him against horses who are either not at their peak anymore, or have not reached Group One WFA level.
17. Paradee is an absolute gun, running well all prep that has been going since the stars of the spring. She has travelled up to Queensland and won two Magic Millions races, thenhas since come back and won the Peter Young. Needs to raise the bar again but she has done so all prep long and looks a live chance from barrier one.
8. Steel Prince was very good in the Peter Young considering he was first-up. That performance was more like a second-up performance for his standards, so if we look back at his third-up run last prep, he was very stiff in a Bart Cummings behind Persan. Jamie Kah and the Freedman's go very well together.
5. Warning was brilliant first-up last time in and is a much better Flemington horse than any other track. At the price, he looks over the odds considering he was within a length of Russian Camelot and Fierce Impact fresh last time in.
Race 9 - 5.20pm TAB Kewney Stakes Tips
10. MISS GUGGENHEIM is a nice filly, but she just needs more luck when the whips are cracking. She should have won second-up last prep in the Manifold while last start, she just saw rump the entire way at Caulfield in the Armanasco first-up. Gets to Flemington now and most importantly draws wide, which will give her the chance to come wide and have the last crack at the leaders. She has a lot more ability than what her rating reflects.
1. Personal is the horse to beat at even weights, given that she is a two-time Group One place getter and VRC Oaks winner. She should be giving out top selection around 21kg based on ratings, so she must be included. Her first-up run was a big tick in the Vanity won by Zou Dancer and 1600m only helps her chances.
2. Yes Baby Yes is now a two-time Group Two winner and in great form. Barrier 11 makes the job hard, but she has the ability to be in this for a long way.
3. Chica Fuerte was a Group Two winner last time in work and did place third in the Manifold. She is a lovely filly going forward but another run under the belt will not hurt.
When is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington jumps at 12.20pm with the last to be run at 5.20pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
We are siding with Lunakorn as the best bet at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
Lunakorn and September Run will run as the best bets of the day.
Hitotsu will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Lunakorn To Win @260.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: September Run To Win @115.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 10 Units
Value Bet: Hitotsu Each-Way @1200.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units