Flemington hosts a nine race program on February 13 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for February 13
Race 1 - 12.20pm Furphy Ale Trophy Tips
4. SELICA comes down from Sydney with three solid runs under the belt, the last two being at this trip. Her best form has come first-up in her preps, but the last run over the mile was very tough and trainer Anabelle Neasham would not be bringing her down for nothing. Although not a horse with a potent turn of foot, getting back to the Melbourne way of going and a senior jockey on could be the key.
8. Quantum Mechanic went into the never again file after last start at Sandown when looking to have the race at her mercy around the bend. Back to Flemington is the key for her so she will give punters a run for their money as always.
9. White Hibiscus was as flat as a tack last start and although her best wins this race, it is hard to forget the run in a weaker class of race.
1. Silent Sovereign is the one to follow going up in trip, last start winning over 1400m. Her best is very good but always be wary of the flat second-up run.
Race 2 - 12.55pm Talindert Stakes Tips
Going with the boys here, but hard to seperate them.
1. INGRATIATING the marginal top pick based on the fact that he has had two starts down the straight, including a win over General Beau which is excellent reading and a second to Finance Tycoon, who ran super in a Magic Millions. He was okay behind Enthaar last start although was no match for her.
2. Gulf Of Suez ran third behind General Beau in the Blue Diamond Preview and now looks well suited coming up to 1100m. The two wins in Adelaide were simply a class above.
9. Frost Flowers was okay behind Dosh last start who had too much class on her. She was still brave but the time was very average, looking a rung below the Colts and Geldings.
4. Treporti resumes here off the back of a nice second in a Cranbourne trial on Monday. He finished fourth behind Finance Tycoon and Ingratiating in the Maribrynong Plate so the form ties in well.
Race 3 - 1.30pm Seppelt Wines Plate Tips
2. BUFFALO RIVER was brilliant first-up last time in when only beaten by Windstorm who was wound up and ready to win that day. He has jumped out nicely and looks to have come back in great order for this fresh assignment. Kah in the saddle is always a positive.
9. Regardsmaree was very well backed last week, recording his second win in the space of a week and a half. He backs up again but is in career best form and the time has been measuring up to Group One races.
8. Never Again gets away from Caulfield which is an important factor for him. He won at Stakes level two back at this track and trip so he is over the odds.
7. Morvada is a great Flemington horse, having only missed the placings once in five starts. He has a good record second-up so expect him to be somewhere in the finish.
SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Randwick Race-By-Race Preview
Race 4 - 2.05pm World Horse Racing Trophy Tips
8. COOLTH was too good to ignore last start stepping up to the 2000m. He had 7. Sikorsky covered to the line and that win at Flemington will now only give him confidence now coming up in grade. He has always shown a world full of potential, and now looks to be hitting his straps. With some genuine pace here, I am expecting him to be hard to hold out staying on the minimum.
5. Five Kingdom was good last start behind 10. War Critic at Caulfield. Not beaten far by that galloper, he will improve getting back to Flemington.
War Critic deserved the win last start but is now being tested at this level for the first time and faces good Flemington horses.
4. Takumi I feel is a better horse around Caulfield where she has won her last two. Two starts back she looked a little flat here behind Coolth but it is hard to see the tables being turned.
Race 5 - 2.45pm The TAB Vanity Tips
2. ISLAND JOY is the fit runner coming into the race with an emphatic win here last start over the mile. She has been freshened and ideally comes back to 1400m, a trip she could have won over two starts back with even luck. Is drawn to get another dream run in transit as she did last start and although comes up in class, is the perfect 1400m horse whereas some of the 'classier' horses will have longer goals in mind.
4. Zou Dancer was too good when leading here last start in the middle of December. 1400m is ideal first-up and her recent trial at Geelong will have her in good order for this race.
7. Thunder Peak finished behind Zou Dancer at this track and trip two starts back, but then came out with a big win at Sandown last start defeating a subsequent winner. Fitness could be her key.
1. Personal is the VRC Oaks winner of 2020 and will likely need the run, but she is the best horse in this race and would not shock to see class prevail.
SA RACING: Morphettville Best Bets
Race 6 - 3.25pm Kennedy Trophy Tips
6. SKYMAN was a great first-up over 1400m, coming from the back of the field off a genuine tempo. With 5. Rule The World engaged again, I am expecting this to be genuinely run. He was a second-up winner last prep, beating a very smart horse at Flemington, so expecting him to once again measure up, even if this trip is slightly short of his best.
10. Milton Park is being tested for the first time over a mile which has to be a question mark. Not sure he ran out 1500m when last in work, but has come back a much more furnished galloper this time in and gets his chance to run the journey.
2. Dadoozdart was okay in a race dominated by those horses closer to the pace. Blazejowski has since come out and was not beaten far in a Group One CF Orr so the form is well and truly good enough for this. He just needs to get an Australian win next to his name.
3. Holbein is as honest as the day is long, but just cannot seem to win. He is a better horse with something to chase rather than sitting up front and waiting, but again cannot be discounted off the back of his last start effort behind Grinzinger Allee.
Race 7 - 4.05pm CS Hayes Stakes Tips
I have been with 9. AYSAR since day one and I cannot jump off now seeing he was still fair without winning first-up. He will greatly appreciate the rise to 1400m here and with a bigger field, this will allow him settle midfield and come home, rather than ride the speed as he did last start. He is the Caulfield Guineas runner-up and Carbine Club runner-up, so although he will improve again into the Australian Guineas.
13. Cambourne is the x-factor who I do not want to be losing on. He has been trialling well in prep for this race and with a cosy draw, will be saved for his big turn-of-foot approaching the 300m mark.
6. Brando is a Kiwi coming over for a crack at the Guineas. He was second in the Group One Levin Classic and although hard to get a read on form wise, he again is another with x-factor.
2. Cherry Tortoni is the one I want to be following stepping up in distance. He was very good over this trip when first-up last prep and has been trialling superbly.
QLD TIPS: Doomben Selections
Race 8 - 4.45pm Black Caviar Lightning Tips
2. BIVOUAC is the best sprinter in the country and is at his best down the Flemington straight, so finding it hard to go past him. There has always been doubts in my head about how good he is, but he put that to bed last prep and produced a monster rating to win the VRC Sprint. Is all class and although having not won over 1000m before, his trial was very good and is sure to be wound up to win this.
1. Nature Strip is the enigma who could blow them away if at his best. He was not at that level last prep and was nailed to the fence when Bivouac ran past him in the VRC Sprint. First-up is another question but his recent trials have been ultra-impressive. Jamie Kah in the saddle could be the key.
5. Pippie is the 1000m horse in the race and is the fresh horse. She is a multiple Group One winner and will be setting a cracking tempo. How she handles the straight is my query.
6. Fabergino is a straight track horse and although probably not at the level of the top three in my selections, the grey deserves of a crack at this level given how electric she has been down this straight.
Race 9 - 5.20pm Flemington Racing Spectacular Sprint Tips
2. LAVERROD comes over from WA with some strong form behind him. He jumped out here last week and was very good, adding to the confidence that he could well be too good for these. We have seen the WA form prove some of the best in Australia, and with an improving horse like this, it may well get stronger. With the claim from Tom Stockdale, he is mighty hard to ignore.
5. Ruban Bleu is a good Flemington horse who has just been finding one or two too good of late. As usual, he will be hitting the line hard.
10. Platini was a class above here last start on a heavy deck. The win prior on a good track was just as impressive, so he just needs to take the next step in grade to be competitive.
9. I'm Telling Ya is a grand horse who is always around the mark. He went for a trip to Sydney for his last two starts but was just short of his best there. Much better suited back down the straight.