Flemington hosts a nine race program on January 16 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for January 16
Race 1 - 1.43pm Kennedy Plate Tips
6. AQUAGIRL has jumped out nicely in preparation for this race where she was ridden out to win comfortably at Pakenham. That trial will give her a good fitness base coming into her first-up run which may leave her with a slight advantage.
2. Parlophone is the benchmark of the race, proving a brilliant winner first-up last prep when almost bucking at the start. Her issue is that she has some mental demons in the gates, so if she jumps well she is the one to beat, but there is that risk.
4. Hydro Star rocketed up the Caulfield Guineas futures markets last prep after a great first-up win at Sandown. He failed at his subsequent start and has trialled up nicely leading into this.
7. Tiny brings down the Sydney form which does look a little below some of the better proven horses in this race.
Race 2 - 2.18pm Summer Twilight Racing Trophy Tips
4. HASSELTOFF is going to be tough to beat, staying at Flemington and back to the mile of a 1700m win here. The ease of that win was simply superb, a horse that truly laps up the big flat track of Flemington. He has some strong form lines around him and continue this prep with another win.
5. High 'n' Dry has been running well, with a solid first-up effort before winning at Sandown. He was good again last week behind Tycoon Bec so that run will bring him on nicely, back to the 1600m from 1800m.
3. Saccharo put the well overdue win on the board here last week over the mile, which may be that confidence booster that he needs to put a few more city races on the board.
7. Dance Ready comes out of the Tycoon Bec race last week where he was just no match for that Mare. He will be forward as usual back to the mile.
MAGIC MILLIONS DAY: Race-By-Race Gold Coast Preview
Race 3 - 2.53pm Polytrack Handicap Tips
4. ABSOLUTE FLIRT is the benchmark horse with a very good first-up record and form around the likes of Ancestry, Felicia, Loving Gaby and Sisstar. She was beaten down the straight over the trip last prep when first-up by Sangria with only a nose in the margin, and that was in stronger grade than this.
7. Modear was good last start in a nice form race behind Alburq and Riding The Wave. The inside gate is the worry but she has a potent turn of foot if within striking distance.
2. Causeway Girl seems to run her best races when down in the weights, but this is a weaker race than facing Sword Of Mercy in fast time last start, so she is not without a chance.
11. Madam Superior is building nicely through the prep with a second placing to Don'ttelltheboss two back and a sixth behind Score who is better than 70 grade.
Race 4 - 3.28pm Lexus Summer Event Trophy Tips
1. NAVAREZ has the top weight but is the proven horse in the field, proving a strong winner over the mile last start when at even money. A usual tough, front running Gai Waterhouse horse, Damien Oliver takes the reigns from barrier one, and with little speed in the race he should be able to lead at his own pleasure.
3. Liqueuro was a great debut winner at Mornington, making ground to swoop over Write The Score late in the piece. 2000m second-up is a big ask but he has some x-factor on his side.
5. Solar Apex brings down the Sydney form with a mile win at Wyong. Always respect the Waller horses when they make their way down here off the back of a win.
4. Swift Sure won at Warrnambool last start over 1700m so he should run this out well enough.
SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Race-By-Race Rosehill Preview
Race 5 - 4.08pm Furphy Refreshing Ale Trophy Tips
3. OVER EXPOSURE has the right form lines coming into the race with a third behind Vassilator last start over 1400m who was unlucky in stakes class last start. First-up he was beaten just under three lengths by the Standish winner so he has proper stakes form. Any rain about would not hurt his chances either.
7. Heavenly Emperor was smashed in the betting last start and won by a very small margin. Once he strikes form he typically holds it an is he fit horse at the mile.
1. Kentucky Breeze gets in very well at the weights with 55.5kg due to the claim of Cam Rawiller. He is three from four at the mile and has recorded two wins at the track. He is another who comes out of the Vassilator race last start.
2. Hang Man did not looks to get around Werribee all that well last start and now comes back to Flemington where he is very honest. The Irish Flame and Wentwood form is very good.
Race 6 - 4.50pm Incognitus Plate Tips
2. BIOMETRIC was okay first-up before a very unlucky run second-up where he should have beaten the race favourite Rule The World. Damien Oliver now takes the ride, and from barrier four, he should be off the fence to find plenty of room around the bend from his usual worse than midfield position. His best form would blitz this field so hopefully last start was a shade of that.
6. Viral is a model of consistency, last start running a head third to Never Again who subsequently won at Stakes level last start at Caulfield. He has only missed the placings once at Flemington.
1. Holbein is a great money spinner, last start finishing third to Defiant Dancer who placed in the Standish Handicap. Flemington and 1400m are both ticks.
4. Mr Money Bags was a strong winner here last start, better suited at the 1400m. he stays in that distance range and gets the claim of Cam Rawiller to bring his weight down.
SA RACING: Murray Bridge Best Bets
Race 7 - 5.35pm Kensington Stakes Tips
Expecting them to finish in market order here with 1. FABERGINO the class of the race.
She is a great little mare who has been too strong down the straight two times now and looking for a third. She is very fast out of the machines and is rarely headed, so again I am expecting no different. She draws the middle of the field, so Jordan Childs will be able to dictate this race and set this mare up for another win.
2. Prezado is the 1000m Flemington track specialist, but was just no match for Fabergino last time. He will improve again, but it is hard to see him turning the tables on the top weight.
6. Pandemic was impressive at Caulfield last start taking out the Xmas Stakes. The inside gate is sticky and he needs to handle the straight track, but he is the most progressive horse in the race.
8. Sword Of Mercy keeps ticking all the boxes winning both runs this time in, in fast time and can make her presence felt with Lane in the saddle.
Race 8 - 6.05pm Seppelt Drumborg Trophy Tips
I have been impressed with the way that 4. INFLUENTIAL GIRL has gone about her racing this prep, putting together some great consistency, including an unlucky third to Defibrillate last week. I like the quick back-up, staying at 2000m where she will be hard fit and ready to fire once again. She is a touch of overs.
2. Long Arm impressed at his Australian debut and you would think only improves if he does not put int the second-up flat run that we can see from these stayers.
10. Takumi beat home Influential Girl last start so he must be respected in our selections.
5. Re Edit was solid again last start behind Lunakorn who showed a great turn of speed. Again, if she keeps the form up she will be in the money.
Race 9 - 6.35pm TAB Venue Mode Handicap Tips
3. MYSTERY SHOT is a winner, undefeated in five starts and looks set to make it six, hard fit after three jumpouts. The latest was a nice piece of work at Terang where he extended really well, looking as if he has come back as good as he left.
4. Terbium was unlucky last start at Caulfield, where had he drawn outside I can see him winning the race. The 57kg on his back in attractive.
9. I'm Telling Ya is an old marvel, coming out of the Riding The Wave race last start where he jumped at single figures. $31 is a touch of overs?
10. Alburq finished second to Riding The Wave last start but has drawn the inside gate which does dampen his chances.