- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for January 9
- Flemington hosts a nine race card on Saturday
- The track will be rated in the good range
- Justin Darcy provides your race-by-race preview
Flemington hosts a nine race card on Saturday (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program fro Chester Manifold Stakes Day on January 9 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Flemington Tips for January 9
Race 1 - 2.05PM Summer Twilight Series Plate Tips
Based on professionalism, 3. CARDINAL GEM was okay out of the barrier in his sole Caulfield jumpout, but hit the line very well, only beaten by one who was dug up to run through the line. By Choisir, he will have plenty of toe down the straight and drawn the middle of the field is a big tick for an unraced two-year-old.
11. Shame For Fame has arguably shown the most ability at the jumpouts, but has shown a tendency to miss the kick. She can get a little keen but the flat track of Flemington looks as if it will suit. Jamie Kah goes on.
12. Telluride was only average in a Canterbury trial but came out and won on the poly track a Warwick Farm over 740m. Has an inside draw which will help and Oliver goes on.
8. Telegraph was as green as grass in his jumpouts, but looks to have plenty of ability, winning his last trial even when racing keen. He can find a spot on speed.
Race 2 - 2.40PM The Mumm Royale Tips
3. STILL BE FRIENDS was a dominant winner last time out at Werribee when finding the front and being left alone. With little speed around again, I suspect he will get a similar run again. With Damian Lane in the saddle, this only gives me more confidence that this horse will be running to his best.
6. Siren Rock was the impressive Maiden winner last time out, settling back in the field and storming past his rivals to record an almost four length win.
1. Zac De Boss has come up short in the market, and although he has the track and trip win next to his name, he rises 2kg in weight, giving weight to some smart horses.
5. Hickok has been okay this prep, but this looks a step back in grade and the smaller field could suit his sharp sprint.
Race 3 - 3.20PM Furphy Crisp Lager Handicap Tips
4. WHITE HIBISCUS recorded a very soft win at Sandown last start with Lane in the saddle, where she settled midfield with some decent speed in the race. Even though the race was run to suit, she was untouched to the line and now getting to Flemington will only suit the big action. Lane has hopped off Part Time Lover to ride the mare.
11. Island Joy is a good roughie for exotics in this race, where two back she was very good through the line on a leaders dominated track, whereas last week she did not get a crack at them at any stage. The mile on the one week back-up is a tick as she plummets in the weights.
1. Ocean's Thirteen has been solid all prep long and now comes back in class from racing the likes of Lunakorn and Re Edit. it is just a matter of how long can the stable keep him up for.
2. Lady D'oro has been in great form this prep, going from winning at Traralgon four back to having a city win and two city placings next to her name. The Hasstobegood form reads well.
SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Race-By-Race Randwick Preview
Race 4 - 4.00PM Grinders Coffee Trophy Tips
A Wide open race but going to side with 1. SACCHARO who is a very handy horse when he is on his game. Off a long break he was fantastic first-up but did put in a flat one second-up. That was in 70 grade where he now drops back in grade and gets the 3kg claim of Cam Rawiller who times them well when on back markers.
2. Westbrook Park enjoys the mile but has not had the best of luck lately. From barrier seven and the addition of Damian Lane, expecting him to perform well down in grade.
6. Murganella was a gutsy winner last start, but Lane has jumped off so that is not an encouraging sign. Daniel Moor hops on who is a great front running jockey.
7. El Guerrouj has been okay this prep without winning. This is his best chance of winning a city race in this grade with Jamie Kah in the saddle.
Race 5 - 4.40PM TAB Long May we Play Sprint Tips
Another open race, but confident that 8. REAL FEELING can turn the tables on 4. Malicorne this time around with a 2kg weight swing. First-up she was a dominant four length winner at Wodonga before striking Malicorne who did impress out in front, but Moonee Valley can do that to horses. Drawn out in 16, she will have the outside rail as a guide down the straight which we know often favours those out wide rather than to the middle to inside part of the track.
14. Night Of Delight has a nice win in her, running fourth behind 2. Zoushine at Caulfield last start when the leader had the gun run. The momentum building Flemington straight could be in her favour.
16. Zesty Belle recorded the overdue Maiden win last start over Aminatu who we will get a good guide on Friday night. She has the straight track placing next to her name.
MAGIC MILLIONS CARNIVAL: Gold Coast Best Bets
Race 6 - 5.20PM Lexus Handicap Tips
Can't see why 4. DEFIBRILLATE can't win again after a great Lord Stakes victory over 1700m. The step up to 2000m and getting to Flemington only sits in his favour. He was side-by-side with the favourite in this race last start yet managed to put two lengths on that mare as they straightened. He has an electric turn of foot that will win him many more races, and third-up here, he is ready to win again.
3. Mosh Music is the favourite and was the one that was flying home in the Lord Stakes, looking as if she is ready to peak third-up. Flemington and 2000m are both ticks, as if the 1.5kg weight swing on Defibrillate.
12. Influential Girl is in career best form, just missing on Boxing Day when run over by Takumi. This distance range is her sweet spot.
6. Pancho was game in the Lord Stakes but just needs a bit of luck from the inside gate.
Race 7 - 6.00PM Chester Manifold Stakes Tips
3. VASSILATOR loves the Flemington 1400m, winning last start with 60kg, making his record four from eight at 1400m at Flemington. He has measured up in these off season Handicaps and Group races before, and has faced the likes of these horses all throughout his career. He has plenty of class and can win again at a nice price.
1. Blazejowski carried 62kg in the Xmas Stakes last start over 1200m and looks well suited up to the 1400m. Riding him a little quieter could be the trick to getting the best out of him at this stage of his career.
6. King Of Hastings was okay first-up in the Xmas Stakes and is expected to improve second-up where he is yet to miss the top two.
7. Riding The Wave looks a false favourite to me, gripping on to win down the straight last start. He drops in weight but rises well up in class.
SA SELECTIONS: Murray Bridge Tips
Race 8 - 6.35PM Seppelt Salinger Plate Tips
10. GARIMPEIRO now looks ready to win third-up and up to the 1800m at Flemington. He rocketed to the line last start at Caulfield and now gets a soft gate to hopefully find himself a pair or two closer. Froggy Newitt has a great affiliation with the horse and he will get the best out of him.
13. Tycoon Bec is unbeaten but fell in last start when beating It's True at Moonee Valley. She was in the red that night, but expecting her to cross and lead this field with Will Prices claim and give a big sight for the back markers to catch.
12. Pres de Toi is the one over the odds. She was luckless last start over 2000m and looks to have found a suitable race again.
4. High 'n' Dry was a good winner at Sandown last start but does have a tricky gate to contend with because of his get back running style.
Race 9 - 7.05PM Kennedy Sprint Tips
4. CHINA AFFAIR comes out of a very strong form race first-up, running second to Sword Of Mercy in the day's fastest last 200m. Sword Of Mercy has since come out and won again while the fifth placed horse, Causeway Girl, was runner-up last week. With Damian Lane on, he looks a solid each-way bet to finish off the day.
5. Ididtiforlove was well backed two runs ago and saluted for punters, and again in the market on boxing day, sticking on well from on the pace.
7. Spirit of Aquada was well-backed last start but did not really come on. He has placed second down the straight three time and has not missed a place over the 1100m at Flemington.
15. That Girl was great first-up behind Defiant Dancer but seemed to lose momentum when missing a gap at the turn last start. She just struggles to win.
What time is the first race at Flemington?
The first race at Flemington kicks off at 2.05pm with the last to be run at 7.05pm.
Who is the best bet at Flemington?
It is hard to go past White Hibiscus as the banker at Flemington.
How can I live stream the Flemington races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Flemington races.
We are siding with White Hibiscus as our best bet of the day at Flemington.
China Affair comes through the right races and looks a great chance in the last event.
Cardinal Gem has shown the ability at the jumpouts and just needs to bring that to race day in race one.
Best Bet: White Hibiscus To Win @105.00 at BetMGM - 20 Units
Next Best Bet: China Affair To Win @800.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 5 Units
Value Bet: Cardinal Gem Each-Way @900.00 at Borgata Sports - 3 Units