- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
Flemington Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for December 19
- Flemington hosts a nine race card on Saturday
- The first race kicks off at 12.55pm with the last to be run at 6pm
- Justin Darcy provides his tips for the meeting
Flemington hosts nine races on Saturday (Getty)
Flemington hosts a nine race program on December 19 and our free betting tips and best bets are available
Get free Flemington tips, race previews and betting selections for all key race meetings from the Flemington Races.
Our Flemington best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and full race-by-race preview of Saturday's meeting is below.
Flemington Tips For December 19
Race 1 - 12.55pm Seppelt Salinger Handicap Tips
A competitive staying event to open proceedings at Flemington, so we are going with 3. BARTHOLOMEU DIAS who is crying out to win a race this prep. Although there is a blemish next to his name last start, arguably would have won had he not been caught three-wide for the entire event.
Two back he was second placed in a Kyneton Cup, so the miles are in the legs and he is now deserving of the breakthrough win this prep.
1. Princess Jenni is the clear class of the race, winning a Bendigo Cup two back over Pondus, and running gamely in a Pakenham Cup. If she can keep her prep going, she is a big chance.
4. Wentwood has hit his straps this prep, winning two races including a country cup, as well as placing second in the Ararat Cup. There was a stack of money for him last time.
8. Saint Eustace was a good winner first-up, but seemed a little flat second-up. He can improve here.
Race 2 - 1.30pm Lexus Holiday Plate Tips
4. HICKOK was a great maiden winner at Bendigo back in September, before he ran okay in a Guineas Prelude where the backmarkers did not really come on. He clearly has ability is better suited back to this level.
3. Written Miss is unbeaten from her two starts to date, last start bolting in Pakenham on Cup day where she led the whole way. Of course the Flemington straight is a different beast for a raw horse, but she is the deserved favourite.
7. Real Feeling is a duel acceptor who may run Friday night. She could not have been more impressive first-up when winning by four lengths at Wodonga.
1. Pioneer River was average last start but has the straight track experience.
Race 3 - 2.05pm TAB App Trophy Tips
3. SENSATIONALISATION looks the best bet of the day after a strong win at Geelong last start. She was heavily backed and off the back of her first campaign and Traralgon trial, that was deserved. She is a Filly going places and should improve again up the seven furlongs, jumping from gate two with Damien Oliver in the saddle, she will settle handy.
2. Mystique Falcon has jumped out at Caulfield nicely, and although probably better suited over the mile next start or third-up, she did win over 1300m second-up as a 2YO.
4. Dance To Dubai has the perfect run last start in front and will likely try and get away with the same splits once again.
7. Lucky Sham was too good at Yarra Valley last start, and although the form looks average, he is so raw.
Race 4 - 2.40pm #LOVETHEHORSE Trophy Tips
1. VUNGERS comes here off the back of two massive country cup wins, last start beating the likes of Coming Around by more than four lengths. He is as tough as nails and will again take a heap of running down with the 3kg claim.
4. Skiddaw bounced back to form last start at Ballarat, he has never really performed at Flemington, but now back to his best form, he gets his chance.
6. Think 'N Fly was average last start when well in the market and does look a touch of overs in this if you can forgive the run. He loves the mile.
7. Aussie Nugget was too far back in a leader dominated race at Ballarat last start. This race should suit better with Vungers leading.
Race 5 - 3.20pm Myer Giftorium Handicap Tips
Wow this is an even race, so going with the horse in form and that is 8. KING MAGNUS. He seems to love the spacious tracks, winning at Pakenham three back, before winning at Sandown and placing fourth last start. Flemington will suit him well and the better barrier will help him take a forward position.
11. Saccharo was third in the King Magnus race last start, coming home well from the back of the field. That was first-up off a 78-week break, so he will take great improvement.
13. Banger comes down from Sydney, having placed fourth at Canterbury last start. If he can get the pace on, he can win.
12. Jesta Dreaming was second in the King Magnus race last start, coming home with Saccharo, so that looks the right form for this.
Race 6 - 4.00pm Merry Christmas VRC Members Plate Tips
2. RE EDIT has been enormous in two starts this prep, unlucky not to win here on Oaks day, since coming home at Moonee Valley with a barnstorming win from the back of the field. There should be enough pace in this for him to make up the ground from last.
4. Ocean's Thirteen found the right race last start at Moonee Valley, leading all the way. Not sure of him at Flemington by Will Price stays aboard and takes that valuable 3kg off his back.
6. Florent was shocking first-up before coming home well considering she was in the wrong part of the ground last start. She looks great value in this race and will be my main bet on an each-way basis.
1. Walking Flying has not been himself this prep, but thinking that back to Flemington and hoping he stays calm pre-race.
BRISBANE RACING: Doomben Best Bets
Race 7 - 4.40pm Furphy Festive Season Sprint Tips
9. I'M YELLING YA loves the Flemington straight and although does not always win, he was very close first-up behind 7. Leiter. He has drawn wide on the track which will be the right spot to be, and he should have the speed on in front to be hard to beat. He is so consistent.
8. Defiant Dancer is the one to beat after a great win at Pakenham last start over the 1000m. Up to 1200m is ideal, as if the 3kg claim from Cam Rawiller.
2. Holbein is another horse who performs well at Flemington, two back finishing just over two lengths from Exhilirates and The Astrologist.
10. Can't Be Done was better last start at Ballarat and has run some nice races at Flemington before.
Race 8 - 5.20pm Kennedy Handicap Tips
10. TITAN BLINDERS has finally hit his straps and is winning races. He was too good from the front at Ballarat in a race that he never looked like losing. 1400m is his pet trip, and the form from last start has been franked with I Am Vinnie since winning in Sydney. He looks the next best bet of the day from barrier one and John Allen in the saddle.
4. Galaxy Raider is racing well but struggling to win. He is a horse who needs the pace on so that he can rattle over the top of them, but the 1400m is his pet trip, and Flemington looks his track.
5. Vassilator was okay first-up behind Excess Funds and Hi Stranger, a race that should be a good form reference. He does love Flemington.
9. Over Exposure was good first-up at Pakenham, and always runs well second-up. He has straight track experience.
BEST OUT WEST: Ascot Racing Tips
Race 9 - 6.00pm G.H. Mumm Christmas Plate Tips
Damian Lane is the form hoop at the moment and to close off the day, he is riding 13. SWORD OF MERCY.
This mare took forever to break the duck before putting together a couple of wins on end during the winter months. She boasts a third down the straight to Octane who would win this race comfortably, and first-up she has won and placed twice from five goes. She is very consistent and gets the final tick from the wide gate.
10. Sagarra flies first-up and has won twice over the 1000m. From the Griffiths and de Kock yard, he will settle handy and look to head towards the middle of the track from an inside gate.
4. Overkill looks a bit short in the market, but was solid enough over 1200m at Moonee Valley last start behind Bandersnatch. Untried over the 1000m, but he will settle forward and possibly lead them from a middle gate.
7. Causeway Girl found her form in one start last prep, where she was third to our top selection in this race. She is stakes placed down the straight and is a two-time first-up winner.
Sensationalisation looks the best bet of the day in the third event.
Titan Blinders is a horse in form and can lead all the way again.
Florent, although is not my top selection for the race, is the horse at odds that I want to be backing.
Best Bet: Sensationalisation To Win @180.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Titan Blinders To Win @200.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 7 Units
Value Bet: Florent Each-Way @4000.0 at Borgata Sports - 0 Units