- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Eagle Farm Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for June 5
- Eagle Farm hosts nine races for Queensland Oaks Day
- The track is rated a Good 4
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for June 5
Splintex will run as our best bet of the day at Eagle Farm. (Getty)
Eagle Farm hosts a nine race program on June 5 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Eagle Farm best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Eagle Farm Tips for June 5
Race 1 - 11:29AM TAB VENUE MODE BENCHMARK 80 Handicap Tips
7. CELLARMAID looks the horse best placed for mine over 1810m as the 2000m saw her out latest and she has only missed the top two once over this trip from four goes. This mare was very good two back on a heavy track when second and now comes to her favourite track where she is yet to miss the top three in four attempts.
4. Prince Of Arragon is the one to beat if he handles the step back in trip after a grinding performance last start. He beat most of these home over 2000m, but looked as if he wanted a touch further, not a furlong less.
2. Masaff recorded a much needed victory last start over 1710m at Ipswich. Can never rule out a Waller runner, especially in these low rating middle distance events.
1. Happy Go Plucky was only just defeated by Prince Of Aragon last start and I have no knock coming back to the 1810m on him.
Race 2 - 12:04PM AUTHENTIC SECURITY THE PHOENIX Tips
9. VOLCANIC ROCK is from the Waterhouse and Bott stable, where he was game first-up at Rosehill over 1300m. No doubt he will take improvement off of that run, and with Craig Williams in the saddle from a soft gate, this will give him every chance to try and pinch this from the front again.
3. Minto’s Paradise almost caused an upset first-up before destroying a maiden field on a heavy track at Gold Coast. Maybe he needs a wet track, but I have no reason to knock him coming into this.
5. Tutukaka is a Tony Pike-trained runner, where the stable have not had a winner yet (have a chance Thursday) in Queensland this carnival. This gelding clearly does have a ability in saying that and can give this a shake.
10. It’s All Talk won at her fourth start last time in on top of the ground. 1500m should not be a worry.
Race 3 - 12:39PM CAPTAIN MORGAN TROPICAL QTIS GOLD JEWEL Tips
4. MACEWEN come back to Eagle Farm for the first time since his win here five races back. He has been okay without featuring in stronger grade, but comes back to his level and his favourite track where he has won four of seven attempts. Ryan Maloney is 1/1 on top of the five-year-old and at the price, he looks the each-way play here.
1. Red Chase is another who loves Eagle Farm having won four of his 12 starts here. He was good last start in the BRC Sprint, a much stronger race than this so he gets his chance third-up.
8. Tumbler Ridge was a class above two races back, before running a nice fourth in the Queensland Guineas. This is obviously a step back but he was beaten a long way in that race.
7. Great Powers is a huge price after running well behind Dr Why Not last start. That horse almost won again so the form has been franked.
Race 4 - 1:14PM GRINDERS COFFEE LIGHTNING HANDICAP Tips
5. BOOMTOWN LASS is first-up where she is yet to miss the top two from five attempts. She is a winner and five time place getter around Eagle Farm and has placed second two times over the trip. Glen Boss takes the ride and he will give the mare every chance here
1. Usmanov is the one they need to catch after racing away last start over 900m. He is a three-time winner over the 1000m trip so he is the deserved favourite.
4. Tycoon Ace has not missed a placing at the track and trip, but was five lengths from Usmanov two starts back.
7. Doctor Zous is first-up where he is a two time winner, but he may find the 1000m a touch sharp. Not sure what to make of him against some very slick rivals.
Race 5 - 1:53PM ASCOT GREEN MORETON CUP Tips
1. SPLINTEX was too good in the Hall Mark Stakes two starts back before a solid sixth in the Doomben 10,000 when beaten less than two lengths. This looks his race to lose on paper based of his last two stakes performances, so he will go around as our best bet of the day at Eagle Farm.
8. Varda produced a huge turn-of-foot to win the Chief De Beers last start and has form third-up to be saying she can do the same. Things are just a little tricky from an inside gate.
2. Special Reward had no luck last start in the BRC sprint yet did enough to warrant some respect here. Third-up is when we have seen the best from this horse so expect an improvement showing.
7. The Astrologist has drawn poorly again but did run well first-up behind Varda. There is a nice race in him, but he will need luck from the gate.
Race 6 - 2:33PM NUTURF SPEAR CHIEF HANDICAP Tips
7. LUVOIR looked the winner for a few strides last week before being gobbled up by Profit who was heavily backed to win. The seven day back-up and up in trip looks an ideal scenario for this galloper to get that deserved win.
9. Goldifox closed off well behind Cloak last start when just missing. That horse is ultra consistent and is a good benchmark for a race like this.
6. Charleise has won two of her last three while placing second at the other start. She won with authority last start but would probably like a little more sting out of the ground.
1. Groundswell is a hard horse to get a grip on, running well below average last start albeit did pull up with excuses. I feel he is more effective when kept fresh so I am happy to risk him here.
Race 7 - 3:13PM MAGIC MILLIONS NATIONAL CLASSIC Tips
1. NETTOYER was a Group One winner on a good track over Probabeel three starts back. She closed off okay last start in the Doomben Cup but does looks much better suited at the mile where she has won the majority of her races. She has been competing against much stronger opposition than these horses, so if she is at her top she looks the one to beat for mine.
5. Nudge thrived off a fast tempo last start when winning the Pam O’Neill which looked a strong race. Not sure we will see the same fast tempo, but that win had merit.
4. In Good Health bolted in a Morphettville last start when leading at a good clip and powering on after breaking their hearts. If this race is going to be run at a fast tempo, this is the horse that will tell that tale.
3. Rocha Clock is in some great form winning both of her last two starts. She was too good for the handy Missile Mantra at her latest.
Race 8 - 3:53PM JAMES SQUIRE QUEENSLAND OAKS Tips
6. GRACE AND HARMONY was out of her ground in The Roses last start but now up in trip, hopefully she doesn’t get too far back. She was well backed in that face and she just has that feel about her that this is her race to peak in which we know happens with these Waller runners. There is a little too much difference in the market between her and the favourite.
3. Bargain is the market elect and after such a good run in The Roses where she looked as if she needed the extra ground. She placed in the Group One ATC Oaks two races back so she has oodles of class.
2. Media Award won the Australasian Oaks last start at cricket score odds and is now a single figure chance here. She needs to improve to match the NSW and QLD form, but she has the scope to do so.
1. Duais won the Adrian Knox two back before placing second in the ATC Oaks. If she can handle the gap between runs then she is probably the horse to beat.
Race 9 - 4:29PM NOVA 106.9 QUEENSLAND DAY STAKES Tips
5. OUR PLAYBOY should have won last start with more galloping room at Doomben. He had trialled up nicely prior to that so he was always going to run well. His best form is over 1100m and he is yet to figure over 1200m, but with more consistency into his prep and placed in his right races, this could be his chance to turn that stat around.
12. Georgie’s Pride is a winning machine with six wins from 11 starts having won her last three starts. She loves Eagle Farm and 1200m, so no knock here.
7. Tramonto was second behind Marboosha two back at a big price before putting in another game effort last start.
11. Kisukano won last start and loves the Eagle Farm track, so a horse in-form is to be counted as a chance in what is an open affair.
Eagle Farm FAQs
What time is the first race at Eagle Farm?
The first race at Eagle Farm jumps at 11.29am.
Who is the best bet at Eagle Farm?
We are siding with Splintex as the best bet at Eagle Farm.
How can I live stream the Eagle Farm races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Eagle Farm races.
Splintex and Nettoyer will run as our best bets at Eagle Farm.
Macewen will run as our value bet on the program.
Best Bet: Splintex To Win @170.00 at BetMGM - 13 Units
Next Best Bet: Nettoyer To Win @450.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 5 Units
Value Bet: Macewen Each-Way @900.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units