- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Eagle Farm Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for May 29
- Eagle Farm hosts nine races for Queensland Derby Day
- The track will race in the good range
- Justin Darcy provides his full preview for May 29
Eagle Farm hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Eagle Farm hosts a nine race program on May 29 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Eagle Farm best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Eagle Farm Tips for May 29
Race 1 - 11:34AM OSCAR OSCAR SALONS Class 6 Plate Tips
5. LUVOIR was too good first-up for a smart one at big odds, before failing at his subsequent start. Last start was much better over the mile behind Reloaded where he finished second. This is a weaker race and he can now go on to win.
10. Fashchanel gets the addition of Jamie Kah off the back of two wins in Sydney. Interesting to not that James McDonald is not riding, but is aboard another horse in the race.
12. Maozi is looking as if a win is just around the corner with some good form this prep and third-up in previous preps. Glen Boss takes the mount.
6. Profit placed behind The Harrovian fresh last prep and has some good form at Eagle Farm.
Race 2 - 12:09PM LED SUPER SCREENS BENCHMARK 85 Handicap Tips
7. DR WHY NOT is in sublime form, winning four of his last six races with tough front running tactics. He has won four of six over the 1200m and finished second last start to Axe who has run well subsequently. The only worry is barrier 12 and how much work he is going to have to do to get across.
8. Kordia comes into the race fresh where he didn’t threaten at his only run last prep. He produced a big finish when fresh in his prior prep.
9. Superium is not far from a win after placing once again last start. I feel is a little short but will be around the money.
14. Beachbreak is first-up where she has won before, also keeping Jim Byrne in the saddle who has won twice from three starts aboard.
Race 3 - 12:44PM MULLINS LAWYERS FRED BEST CLASSIC Tips
9. AYRTON could be anything but the price is no spoil. He is the early favourite for the Stradbroke but must win this to take his place in the race, but his performances to date have said he is every bit a Group One horse, so expect nothing less here.
7. Exoboom was too classy at Hawkesbury two starts back then had very little luck at Rosehill last start when caught wide. Class below the favourite but on the up.
6. Midland beat Exoboom last start making it three wins this prep. Can’t knock a horse in career best form.
3. Apache Chase looks the leader in this race. He went all the way two starts back before running second to Private Eye last start which holds a lot of merit coming into this.
Race 4 - 1:19PM SKY RACING LORD MAYOR'S CUP Tips
1. HOMESMAN is the reigning Australian Cup winner and the only proper Group One horse in this event. He had no luck in the Hollindale last start behind subsequent Doomben Cup winner Zaaki, so forgive that and judge him off his very good Flemington win two starts back.
4. Hang Man will be much better back in good ground after running well in soft conditions last start. Expecting him to be the first runner home from that race.
12. Aliferous went well last start behind Polly Grey who has won again. Any rain will bring her into the race but she’s consistent.
11. So You Win was hailed the winner last start before finding VRC Derby winner Warning too good. Another who would not disadvantaged with rain.
Race 5 - 1:58PM BRISBANE FOR 2032 PREMIER'S CUP Tips
7. PATHS OF GLORY won two back when beating subsequent Group One winner and Cox Plate favourite Zaaki. He was fourth in the Wagga Cup last start in what was another good performance. Up to 2400m is going to suit him down to the ground and at the price, he looks a fantastic bet.
2. Le Don De Vie won the Warrnambool Cup last start beating Heart Of Puissance. That horse has subsequently won in dominant fashion. He is the deserved favourite off that form.
3. Spirit Ridge did well last start when running second in the Wagga Cup. He knows where the line is so cannot he discounted.
4. Brimham Rocks is as honest as the day is long. He was one-paced last start behind Declares War at Flemington, and although this is a step up in grade, is a proven top class performer at this distance range and beyond.
Race 6 - 2:38PM JAMES SQUIRE BRC SIRES' PRODUCE STAKES Tips
Cracking race with the top two picks lovely horses.
3. PRINCE OF BOOM was electric last start in the Champagne Classic when showing a huge turn of foot. That made it two wins from as many starts with only improvement to come. The question is now whether he can extend that turn of foot over 1400m, and if he can, write his name down as the best bet of the month in the Atkins.
10. Port Louis is another who could be anything, almost backed into favouritism from $31 in the Champagne Stakes in Sydney. We know he runs the trip and is the one that can beat the favourite.
7. Ranch Hand has as much ability as the top two, but is yet to put it all together. He has burned punters before, but it is fair to say he should have won last start when copping a check at the top of the straight.
13. Giannis was better than his form reads last start when getting too far back at Doomben. With a better jump, he can find himself in a more prominent spot.
Race 7 - 3:18PM MOËT & CHANDON QUEENSLAND DERBY Tips
1. EXPLOSIVE JACK is the Derby king having already claimed three Derby races this season. He was dominant in the SA Derby at his last start when wide the trip, and should get a similar run here, except with cover which should help extend that turn of foot that we have seen.
2. Let’s Karaka Deel was second in the SA Derby and is the one who will not be over the top. I feel that this has always been an aim for him and if there is a chink in the favourites armour, this is the horse on the up that can capitalise.
14. Fortified is going to lap the 2400m after winning comfortably last start over 2210m at Ipswich. He is on the up and one that we know has been aimed at this.
5. Senor Toba was looking for this trip in the Rough Habit last start when finishing hard for third. Gate 21 is no good, but is going to relish the 2400m journey.
Race 8 - 3:58PM TAB KINGSFORD-SMITH CUP Tips
13. SAVATIANO looks the one to beat off the back of a great campaign where she was the Canterbury Stakes winner and All-Aged Stakes runner-up. She has the tactical speed to race handy and a punchy turn of foot which sees her in the money more often than not. At Eagle Farm, we want to be closer to the speed than out the back, so to me, looks the clear best bet on this program.
10. Jonker was the winner of the Magic Millions Sprint two back before placing third behind Doomben 10,000 Eduardo in the Group One Galaxy. He needs to be able to run a strong 1300m, but fresh I feel is how he is going to do it.
2. Gytrash ran well in The Goodwood first-up coming off of some surgery. Not keen on the wide barrier for him, but he has proven to be a good horse running clockwise and a proper Group One sprinter, so he is impossible to leave out.
16. Dame Giselle is the three-year-old filly in the event who creates interest fresh. She has a nice turn of foot and gets in low at the weights, so she could be the surprise packet who could beat these.
Race 9 - 4:34PM MAGIC MILLIONS HELEN COUGHLAN STAKES Tips
Hard race to finish the day, but going with 10. LYRE as more of a place bet than a win. She gets Jamie Kah on for the first time since the Plume Stakes in the spring where she ran well. We have seen Kah make non-winners salute and hopefully she can do that with this Blue Diamond winner. She is a very good mare when at her top.
2. Sierra Sue was average in the spring, but her prior first-up record was 2/2. She has a mighty turn-of-foot and the stable are flying, so if she’s right she is over the odds.
1. Madam Rouge disappointed in Group One company last start but has trialled in between twice to keep up the fitness. She is a four time winner over 1200m will enjoy the dry ground. Again, value.
3. Sweet Deal was too good when well backed at Hawkesbury last start, landing some good bets for punters. Because she is a winner, she has come up favourite and deservedly so, but I feel there is value around her.
Eagle Farm FAQs
What time is the first race at Eagle Farm?
The first race at Eagle Farm jumps at 11.34am.
Who is the best bet at Eagle Farm?
We are siding with Savatiano as the best bet at Eagle Farm.
How can I live stream the Eagle Farm races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Eagle Farm races.