- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Doomben Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for May 15
- Doomben hosts nine races on Doomben 10,000 day
- The track is currently in the heavy range, but an upgrade is predicted
- Justin Darcy provides a race-by-race preview.
Doomben hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Doomben hosts a nine race program on May 15 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Doomben best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Doomben Tips for May 15
Race 1 - 11.38PM TAB VENUE MODE Class 6 Handicap Tips
6. GEE TEE TEE brings in the best form to this race after finishing third in a strong BM90 first-up where he was only a length off Cardiff and second in the race was Embrace Me who takes her place in the Doomben 10,000. Her second-up record reads well along with her soft track form where she has won three times and placed on another two occasions.
12. The Move will need it much drier than the current heavy reading, and probably a little drier than a soft five or six as well. He went back to the mid-weeks last start and blew them away at Warwick Farm, so based off that dominance of that win he is a chance if the track dries out a little.
5. Beau Ideal was just over five lengths from Lost And Running last start at Randwick which is a much superior horse to any of these. He should enjoy the soft conditions and coming back to this grade looks ideal to his chances.
9. Moonshine Lady would love another down pour of rain looking at her heavy track record of three wins from four goes, but there will be enough give in the ground to run well once again. She is super honest and her run a fortnight ago behind Fender and Garibaldi was very good.
Race 2 - 12:13PM TRHA MEMBERS' HANDICAP Tips
1. CUBA was as flat as a tack first-up before running nowhere, but not finishing too far from Rocha Clock last start. His form shows that third-up is when he really hits his straps which is how his form is trending this prep as well, with a record of six starts for four wins and a second. He will lead them up and is ideally suited in the small field where he can dictate.
3. Fabric was too good in a messy Queen Of The South in Adelaide last start, although this does look a slight rise in grade compared to what she beat in that event. This mare holds her form really well throughout a prep so expect another bold performance as usual.
2. Reloaded is as reliable as the Mrs being ready in five minutes, running fourth in a very weak race two-back at $1.30 before running a huge race last start behind Olmedo when down in the weights. He has a lot of talent but just cannot get his head in front when the punters need it.
7. Luvoir gets the addition of Jim Byrne third-up and looks to challenge for minor here.
Race 3 - 12:48PM ANZ BLOODSTOCK NEWS 3YO Plate Tips
3. LOVE TAP went unbeaten in his first four career starts before bumping into Montefilia and Lion's Roar in the Group One Spring Champion where he finished fourth. He handles all track surfaces and is very tough from the front, with first-up is the only query and where his fitness is at, but otherwise I do believe he is easily the best horse in this field.
11. Incredulous Dream went to Morphettville last start, managing to take out a stakes race when going underneath runners. Facing Love Tap is a much tougher task but this filly has the fitness edge.
5. Not An Option comes across from NZ with on trial under the belt over 1000m. He is unbeaten first-up and will appreciate these soft conditions.
1. Aim jumps in and out of form, but on quality alone he has to be in the mix at this level.
Race 4 - 1.23PM JRA CHAIRMAN'S TROPHY Tips
1. HANG MAN has been super honest this prep, stringing together two wins before a game third last start to Paths Of Glory and Zaaki, the latter a subsequent Group Two winner and now Group One favourite. That form is A-grade in this race over the trip.
3. Warning has not seen the winners circle since his win in the VRC Derby, but he has contested some of the best race in Australia so we cannot take anything away from him. This is his right grade and now up to 2000m, he will thrive.
10. Walking Flying has struck some good form here up North, winning back-to-back races before running a game third in the Olmedo race last start. The top two are more talented, but he looks the value to run third.
6. So You Win is in a good bit of form but again, does look outclassed by the top two in the market and he looks too short himself, but will appreciate 2000m.
Race 5 - 2:02PM SPIRIT OF BOOM CLASSIC Tips
4. GIANNIS has not recorded a win across his two start career, but has raced in two stakes races including the Canonbury which was a hot race, and the Pierro where he was five lengths from Golden Slipper winner Stay Inside. He has had two tune-up trials this prep and will tackle this race with an educational prep under the belt and with enough fitness for the 1200m first-up.
I was very impressed with the debut win of 7. Prince Of Boom who looks the main danger, bolting in by five lengths on a heavy track at the Sunshine Coast. Back to perhaps drier ground is now the question, but he has one big turn of foot.
5. Frontman will take a lot of benefit form his first hit-out in Queensland on soft ground, and does have some strong Victorian form around him to be running well here at a nice price.
11. See You In Spring is a nice filly going forward, unbeaten in two starts over 1000m and 1050m. The end of 1200m will test, but you can't knock winning form.
Race 6 - 2:42PM CANADIAN CLUB ROUGH HABIT PLATE Tips
In a race dominated by the Waller stable, it is hard not to find one of his horses.
4. KUKERACHA could be the value play after running well when placing third in the Queensland Guineas behind Private Eye and Apache Chase. Would be happy to back to the former if he were in this event. This almost seems as if it was a target race this prep over 2000m, so he could be the one flying under the radar.
8. Senor Toba won at a big price last start, but attacked the line hard over this trip. Does he now need further is my question, but he is the one to beat off the back of that win.
If we are giving Senor Toba a chance, the horse he beat in 7. High Supremacy has to be a chance as well. That horse was hard in the market but just could not match Senor Toba over the final 100m.
1. Khoekhoe was just too keen last start behind Senor Toba, but his best form puts him in the mix.
Race 7 - 3:22PM TAB DOOMBEN 10,000 Tips
2. EDUARDO is the deserved favourite and the clear horse to beat after beating Nature Strip in the Challenge Stakes and winning the Group One Galaxy. The end of 1200m seemed to test him in the TJ Smith, but he spaced fourth and looks to have classes on these horses and most importantly, is the horse in form coming into the race.
9. Wild Ruler is the three-year-old in the event who looks well placed in a moderate Group One outside of the favourite. He is fit and in-form, and we know he runs out a strong 1200m after his Arrowfield Sprint win.
8. Graff is the intriguing runner with a great first-up record and a stable change to Tony Gollan. He seems to have a trait of making non-winners win, so maybe this could be the start of a new Graff? He is the value in the race either way.
If 1. Trekking shows up at his best he gives Eduardo a run for his money, but barrier 10 forces him to tail off in this event, giving the favourite a big start. His second-up form reads well and can't be left out of the numbers for minor money.
Race 8 - 4:02PM MAGIC MILLIONS BRIGHT SHADOW Tips
1. FIESTA has not been in the money this time in, but she has been trending towards a positive performance very soon which her prior form indicates as well fourth-up. She was only beaten two lengths by Fasika last start over 1200m, now looking ready as if she is ready to peak for the campaign.
3. Athiri had next to no luck last start when well-backed at Hawkesbury. If she returns to her Magic Millions form, she is right in this which is what we are counting on.
10. Intrepidacious won in Melbourne last start, holding off a few late chargers to just last. The trip away will do this horse the world of good, now well placed here.
8. Socialising is a horse who holds form well, but just struggles when reaching stakes level. Her Doomben record of three wins from four goes makes it too hard to leave out of the numbers.
Race 9 - 4:38PM MITTYS BENCHMARK 85 Handicap Tips
10. SUPERIUM had no luck first-up and just missed behind Open Minded who was in flying form before his flop last start. The soft track is the main concern for him so there is no confidence going into the race, but if all things are equal, he is the one that will be hitting the line the strongest.
7. Segalas has some good form behind her with a good second behind stablemate Subedar first-up, a sixth in a BM88 at Rosehill and a nice fourth behind Lost And Running last start. This is the one that looks a little too big in the market.
11. Axe is in tremendous form with three wins and a second from five starts this prep. He had his first attempt around Doomben last start and ran very well, and will only take benefit from that effort coming into this event.
5. Starvirgo was super first-up and always improves with that run under the belt. This is a step-up in grade but there was a lot of merit with the win.
What time is the first race at Doomben?
The first race at Doomben jumps at 11.38am with the last to be run at 4.38pm.
Who is the best bet at Doomben?
We are siding with Eduardo as the best bet at Doomben.
How can I live stream the Doomben races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Doomben races.
Eduardo will run as our best bet of the day from Cuba.
Kukeracha will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Eduardo To Win @115.00 at BetMGM - 13 Units
Next Best Bet: Cuba To Win @380.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 5 Units
Value Bet: Kukeracha Each-Way @1000.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units