Race 1 - 11.50am Take It To The Neds Level Handicap Tips
3. JEZOULENKO is the one who I am more than happy to forgive from last start when out the back and essentially had no impact from start to finish. At the back end of her last prep, she was city class and in this, she is the one built for speed, so there could be an opportunity to repeat last prep's tactics and go forward which will suit her. Each-way all day.
1. She's All Class is the name sake in this race, as if she turns up at her very best, we know she can sprint and her form is better than these. Dropped off at the end of last prep, which is the concern so we need to see a bounce back.
4. Chain Of Lightning was too good in two NSW provincial starts last prep and returns here in Victoria metro. Would need to improve in my books.
2. Unusual Culture is the one with the most scope in this race, but may want further.
Race 2 - 12.25pm Neds Punters Toolbox Handicap Tips
3. GHAANATI looks close to a good thing here off the back of an explosive first-up win at Flemington over 1100m. I have no doubt that she will be looking for further, but given that she is still two and was so dynamic last start, this race should be no issue. By Deep Impact, the world is her oyster going into next prep.
5. She Dances was super first-up at Sandown in heavy conditions, but now has to repeat the effort back on top of the ground.
1. Cusack is a silly price at $61, but was well beaten by She Dances last start. Still ran second and draws a good gate.
16. South Of Houston has drawn the carpark which is the turn off, although you can never knock a two-year-old from the Price/Kent Jr yard.
Race 3 - 1.00pm Neds Fully Loaded Handicap Tips
10. DANCE TO DUBAI impressed me last start when hanging tough for fourth and the 1000m trip here poses no issues. She had come back from the sales ring at the Gold Coast that week, so it was a big effort in defeat. Barrier one will see her lead them up and she looks a great bet on the card at Caulfield, given there's plenty in her favour.
12. Beatrix resumed at Sandown off of a long break, but overcame that worry to win on heavy ground. The questions is how much that run will have taken out of her and if she can do it again second-up.
8. Little Stevie ran well down the Flemington straight last start, but looks better suited to a bend which she gets here.
6. Irish Angel makes her way down from Sydney in some strong races, so she should measure up.
Race 4 - 1.35pm Neds Whatever You Bet On Handicap Tips
2. NO EFFORT is such an honest mare and was too strong when leading last start at this track/trip and in these conditions. She will have a similar scenario again and given that she is the proven class and will give her all, I am happy to be with her in an open race, where she only carries 1kg more from that last win.
8. Hezashocka never gave up the chase last time off the back of a shock win at Flemington. Is the runner that they need to beat.
6. D'agular raced a little flat last week over the Flemington mile, so he may now be ready for the 2000m journey.
1. Grandslam is too short for me on a wet track and off the back of two very questionable runs.
Race 5 - 2.10pm Neds Whatever You Bet On Handicap Tips
Overall, a hard race, but 1. CHIEF ALTONY looks well placed in this field to record another win, running second to the in-form Visinari last start which reads well. He won prior and now third-up, he should be nearing his peak and is the best performed miler in this event. Handles all surfaces and deserves another victory.
18. Eagles Crag is one of many chances who draws wide, and although looked the winner at Swan Hill last start, he just faded late. Needs to find a will to win, but can run a place.
2. Herman Hesse draws well in gate four and the Maher/Eustace stable can get these stayers to have some spring over the mile first-up.
7. Beltoro draws an inside gate and may be able to settle in a handy spot.
Race 6 - 2.45pm Lamaro's Hotel Handicap Tips
7. INUNDATION is short, but I am struggling to find anything to beat him off the back of two soft synthetic victories. The formula of winning on the synthetic then coming to town has been a valuable play over the off-season in the past and thinking that it is the way to go again.He has the speed to offset the wide gate.
4. Squid Game got too far back last start at Flemington and was beaten by two subsequent winners, including the very smart Passive Aggressive.
1. Starry Legend is fast and that is about it. Not sure where he is at this prep against these very smart up and coming types.
8. Lempicka showed some better form last start, although does face some borderline stakes horses.
Race 7 - 3.20pm Miss Liddy's Giddyap Lap Tips
3. BLAZE A TRAIL looks hard to beat fresh with a trial in between runs, although I am questioning the form around him. Trusting the Maher & Eustace stable to have him right on the day and in what is a very open race, he is probably the one they need to beat, although he doesn't too much more rain to fall.
1. Curran finished off very hard behind Triple Missile in the Golden Topaz which is going to prove a good form race. Been a while between drinks and that is the query.
8. Skywolf is racing in career best form and has to be considered, especially if the track maintains some juice.
5. Zoltan is two from four first-up and if he is going to measure up in this grade, this is the time that he will.
Race 8 - 4.00pm Stephen Howell Memorial Trophy Tips
9. CARDINAL GEM has been costly, but he was incredibly stiff not to win last start when chopped out of a run, but 50m after the post he was in front. Excuses or no excuses, he can get himself in trouble and today is D-Day, otherwise he is in the sack file for life given the luck he tends to be handed. A wide draw suits his pattern.
1. Jimmy The Bear is one of my favourite horses running around given his tenacity to put races away. Carries the top wait which is the concern, but he is a fighter.
5. Philadelphia Storm was great behind Passive Aggresive last start down the straight and quickly jumps to 1400m.
3. Arran Bay wondered around last start and cost himself a chance of beating Jimmy The Bear. Was that his chance?
Cardinal Gem - $3.00Caulfield Race EightBET HERE
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Race 9 - 4.33pm Catanach's Jewellers Handicap Tips
15. HICKOK was super two starts back when winning at Ballarat, then backed that up with an enormous run at Swan Hill when last on the bend and although finished ninth, he was just over one-length from the winner. He looks suited to sling off the Caulfield bend and at the price, looks a nice way to finish off the day.
4. Mr Exclusive is a horse who saves his best performances for when he is kept fresh, and that is the scenario for him in this race.
11. He's Our Bonneval is a European import who could very well be the class of this event, but hard to judge them first-up.
8. Sig Positano is consistent, but may need a genuine heavy track to put one away.