3. Kahma Lass is unbeaten second-up, but does need to turn around a three-length margin on Flying Mascot last start. Not sure she has that in her, but a place chance nonetheless.
7. Bound To Win brings down the Sydney form lines, although they do not measure up to the top couple of selections in this race.
Race 3 - 1.50pm Stow Storage Solutions Autumn Classic Tips
14. EL PATRONESS was a blackbooker last start, closing off with some big splits at Caulfield last start over the 1400m which just did not suit. Although jumping up 400m in distance quickly, she is probably that little bit dour to even win over the mile, so the 1800m looks a tick. She was too strong in the Super Impose over 1800m when third-up last prep.
8. Elzamee should have won at The Valley last start, but looks a type who is going to measure up over the 1800m. Important to note that the market have been heavily in his corner at his latest two starts.
3. Castlereagh Kid is from the Waterhouse/Bott stable, and I always have question marks over their horses coming up in grade quickly. Well too short for mine, but he is as tough as they come.
6. Van Roy has been racing the older horses and will be the most professional horse in the yard.
Race 4 - 2.25pm Neds Angus Armanasco Stakes Tips
4. ARGENTIA was the spruik filly of the spring, but did not come up after one run, so was spelled and now she has come back a monster. Her win was huge a fortnight ago beating the fit and in-form Scorched Earth. The question is going to be whether she goes a little flat second-up, but convinced that she is the best filly in Victoria and arguably in Australia.
8. Roots comes down from Sydney and has some solid form behind her. The Reginald Allen second placing jumps off the page, running second to Fangirl who has the measure of Espinoa last start.
1. Yearning was too good in the Thousand Guineas last prep, so she is going to need further but she has the class over plenty of her rivals.
10. Forbidden City won like Phar Lap at Sandown first-up and trainer Peter Moody believes she is a stakes class filly.
Race 5 - 3.05pm Carlton Draught Peter Young Stakes Tips
1. CASCADIAN could not be placed better placed, the first in more than 320 days in face. He was great first-up when running a flashing third in the CF Orr Stakes, much better form than what his rivals are bringing into this race. Gate one is the only thing stopping me from hitting launch, but all things being equal his class should come to the fore.
5. Callsign Mav was very good in the Carlyon Cup first-up and will improve greatly out of that event. He will make his own luck on the speed.
7. Delphi had a Melbourne Cup prep last time in work and started single figures in a Caulfield Cup, so the ability is there if he can show a sprint fresh.
6. Wentwood comes back for another campaign and simply does not run a bad race for connections.
Race 6 - 3.45pm Lamaro's Hotel Futurity Stakes Tips
Sticking with the class in a small field, 1. I'M THUNDERSTRUCK who could be one of the nation's top horses. He was solid in the C.F. Orr Stakes fresh in a race where nothing made ground outside of him. Second-up there will still be more improvement to come, but in a smaller field and likely run at a touch slower tempo, his turn of foot can get him home.
3. Mo'unga is a winner and has the x-factor to win this fresh. He won in a busy finish fresh last prep in the Winx Stakes, beating Verry Elleegant.
4. Tofane is the benchmark now after her C.F Orr win making it Group One win number four, but $2.80 is not a price I am willing to take about her.
5. Sierra Sue loomed to win last start, but will be improved second-up, being one for the back-end of exotics.
Race 7 - 4.25pm Neds Blue Diamond Stakes Tips
6. JACQUINOT could blow these horses away now stepping up to the 1200m after what was a luckless Prelude run over 1100m. The key is now drawing wide where he is going to get plenty of room to move, even if he does step slow which can happen. This is his main aim for the prep and win, lose or draw, I am convinced that this is best horse in the field.
14. English Riviera will be somewhere on pace, hopefully taking a spot behind the likes of Miss Roseiano. We may be able to see a turn-of-foot if she can find that cover.
7. Rampant Lion is going to love every step of the 1200m and even further as his career unfolds. He has had a strong jumpout since his fresh placing.
3. Daumier has the map to run a big race and is bound to be two or three pairs back with cover.
Race 8 - 5.05pm Neds Oakleigh Plate Tips
5. MARABI is the clear horse to beat, drawing the inside and with her superior early speed and ability to sustain it, she could well pinch this. It was utter dominance in the Australia Stakes last time over 1200m, and the high pressure 1100m will only suit her better. This is her acid test to date, but she could be one of the better sprinters we have in Australia.
9. Minhaaj is a lovely mare, who won both starts last time in. Not a big fan of barrier one where she could end up in an awkward position, but with a pinch of luck early, she can land on the fav's back.
6. Oxley Road will be riding the speed and is as tough as nails, so he can be the one left in front if the favourite does not fire. A big drop in the weights is a tick.
4. Bella Nipotina went to another level last campaign with the Maher/Eustace stable and can cause an upset if the leading bunch go too hard.
Race 9 - 5.40pm Neds Mornington Cup Prelude Tips
5. DESERT ICON could not have been more impressive when winning at Caulfield last start over 1800m and this just looks another box to tick at this stage en-route to the Mornington Cup. He was off the bit around the bend last star, but just kept picking up as if he wanted this 2000m journey. One of the better bets of the day.
8. Wyclif relished a hot pace over 2037m at Morphettville last start, but I am not sure we are going to get that same pressure for this galloper to really hit top gear.
4. Pancho is honest and should be fit enough to have no excuses fourth-up into the preparation.
6. Criminal Code has a three length margin to turn around on the fav, although gets a 2.5kg swing in his favour.