Caulfield hosts a nine race program on November 27 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Caulfield Tips for November 27
- Race 1 - 12.35pm Thoroughbred Club Merson Cooper Stakes Tips
- Race 2 - 1.10pm Neds Sandown Cup Tips
- Race 3 - 1.45pm Tobin Brothers Funerals Twilight Glow Stakes Tips
- Race 4 - 2.20pm Premier Signs Doveton Stakes Tips
- Race 5 - 3.00pm BECK Probuild Summoned Stakes Tips
- Race 6 - 3.40pm Neds Sandown Guineas Tips
- Race 7 - 4.20pm Herald Sun Zipping Classic Tips
- Race 8 - 5.00pm Keno Eclipse Stakes Tips
- Race 9 - 5.40pm Quayclean Kevin Heffernan Stakes Tips
- Caulfield FAQs
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for November 27
Race 1 - 12.35pm Thoroughbred Club Merson Cooper Stakes Tips
1. BRERETON was beaten by the barest of margins two starts back in the Debutante Stakes, but managed to stick the nose out in the Maribyrnong Plate last start to beat Renosu. The other two main chances in the market are first starters, so his race experience could come to the fore, especially around Caulfield which can be a graveyard for many horses.
6. Ebhaar from team Snowden trialled like a bomb in Sydney and won a Flemington jumpout super but does lack the race experience. Bred to be stakes class.
9. Moko is a two-year-old from team Freedman which you can never knock. She won a jumpout here, but will improve a three-year-old.
3. Boldinho comes from the Maher/Eustace stable but is bred to have some good speed early.
Race 2 - 1.10pm Neds Sandown Cup Tips
1. SWEET THOMAS is the one I feel profiles to win this race, stepping up to 3200m which is comfortably his best trip. We saw him win the Stayers Cup at Rosehill in June of this year over the trip and of course finish a close fourth in this race last year in what was a much stronger edition. Although he carries top weight, I feel he is the most proven horse in the event.
2. True Marvel won like Phar Lap at Moonee Valley in a mini Jericho Cup last start, the final margin being 16-lengths. Faces tougher company here, but this is a horse who just eats up anything further than 3000m.
4. Accountability has come up too short for mine, running on nicely over 2800m last start. One would think he will appreciate 3200m.
8. Lion's Share is one who will definitely relish 3200m after getting to the line nicely in the Accountability race last start.
Race 3 - 1.45pm Tobin Brothers Funerals Twilight Glow Stakes Tips
9. ALLEGRETTA looks a great each-way bet after a very strong maiden win at Pakenham last start, beating the smart Seonee and a subsequent winner in Jupitus. She has plenty of early toe and is one that will work across the face of the field with not a whole heap of natural pace involved. Second-up, this could have been a little target play from team Moody.
1. Decent Raine won with a lot in hand last week at Ballarat is simply low-flying this time around. the bigger field and wide gate are my concerns but she is proven in metro class.
3. Lady Of Honour has been set for this race after winning at Sandown last start in nice fashion. She looks the perfect 1400m type and will kick up and lead from barrier one.
2. Star of Chaos is racing with great heart running second to Espiona last start and beating subsequent winner Burning Power.
Race 4 - 2.20pm Premier Signs Doveton Stakes Tips
Certainly no lack of speed in this event, so going with something that has a turn-of-foot from off midfield which is 7. CURRAN. He is a model of consistency and is better suited around a bend rather than straight racing. His first-up win at Moonee Valley was so strong over 955m and now he is coming back from 1200m of last start to the 1000m here which looks the ideal move in my eyes.
13. Yulong Command is Curran's biggest rival, and although has gotten close on multiple occasions, is yet to beat that gelding. I have a feeling he is an improved horse from last prep.
5. He's a Balter has been flying prior to pulling up with excuses last start, so happy to forgive the one poor run.
12. Starry Legend gets the shades on here for the first time which will work either one of two ways, give him that brilliance back or fire him up and race that early speed.
Race 5 - 3.00pm BECK Probuild Summoned Stakes Tips
1. QUANTUM MECHANIC has been racing against much tougher opposition than the rest of these mares and although gives some handy ones 3kg, she as two lengths from I'm Thunderstruck in a Toorak Handicap and was only five lengths from Superstorm, Cascadian, Icebath and Mr Brightside last start, although she was outclassed. Back to mares grade is a big tick.
4. Tricky Gal brings down the Sydney form around Icebath which ties in with our top selection. She is a consistent mare, but it has been over 400 days since her last win.
9. Steinem brings in the Victorian mares form, running Colette to a length two back and finishing nicely at Flemington in the Empire Rose last time. Where is her top?
7. Good And Proper will likely be outclassed, but is as tough as nails and will be around the mark for minors.
Race 6 - 3.40pm Neds Sandown Guineas Tips
12. FESTIVAL DANCER has been the subject of early support and this does not surprise me, bringing down the Sydney form and having won her last four starts. She dominated in the Spring Stakes last start at Newcastle and although his is a tougher affair, it is incredibly hard to knock a horse going as well as this girl. From gate three, expect her to find the front or take the one-one.
6. Cardinal Gem has been set to peak over the mile this prep, although that is the very question, does he run a mile? He was very honest in the Springtime Stakes over 1400m at Flemington last time.
2. Port Louis is Australia's best maiden, but does love to run well in good races. Expect him to look the winner at some point if he finds some luck from the draw.
3. Blushing Tycoon looks overs after running super over 1800m at Flemington behind a very good one last start, and with a freshen-up between runs the drop back to the mile is ideal.
Race 7 - 4.20pm Herald Sun Zipping Classic Tips
1. SPANISH MISSION should win and do it with a leg in the air, coming into this race with a Melbourne Cup third placing and some of the highest quality international staying form that we have seen in Australia. Since the Melbourne Cup, he has officially become and Australian resident with some very powerful connections purchasing him and now being trained by Peter Moody.
2. Warning is the only horse I can see posing as a danger if the favourite decides that this is not his race. He won the Queen Elizabeth in nice style last start now being ridden forwards and aggressively. Damien Oliver on is no loss.
3. Sound won this race last year and is arguably going just as well, almost nailing Warning last start when running second. Peaking.
9. Silent Sovereign had to settle for a deadheat with Just Benjamin last week, and 2400m looks to pose no worries.
Race 8 - 5.00pm Keno Eclipse Stakes Tips
9. BONVICINI is going very well this prep and I feel that a win is just around the corner. She ran well in the Sale Cup two starts back in a leader dominated race, while she was strong through the line in the Matriarch won by Zayydani, last week's Ballarat Cup winner. Vanna Girl has also come out of that race to place last week so although the race rated below average, the form is stacking up.
7. Starelle finished an honest third in the Matriarch last start beating home our top selection, but the new concern is one win, but five placings in many races where she has had her chance. Do not want to leave her out of anything though as she is one who also has hinted a nice win.
10. Royal Mile comes from Adelaide and will be on the pace making his own luck. This is one that could sneak under the guard of punters.
1. So Si Bon is a grand old galloper who shows up week in week out. He placed in the Ballarat Cup last week and won this event last year.
Race 9 - 5.40pm Quayclean Kevin Heffernan Stakes Tips
1. STREETS OF AVALON has no excuses in this race being a Group Three at WFA, at 1400m and at Caulfield where he is a two-time Group One winner. He was super in the Manikato Stakes two starts back when running fourth, but was outclassed in the VRC Classic at that trip. He gets a favourable draw in one so he will lead without question and the Nichols stable has been going well of late.
4. Age Of Chivalry won well at Flemington two starts back and did not handle the heavy conditions that well at Cranbourne last start, although still ran nicely. Back to a good track is key.
10. Sinawann did enough on his Australian debut behind Age Of Chivalry, but thought a mile would have been his next step. The class is there.
11. Cambourne is one not suited at WFA, but he looks a very progressive horse who absolutely smacked BM70 company at Cranbourne last start.
Streets Of Avalon - $6.50Caulfield Race NineBET HERE
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au