- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for October 9
- Caulfield hosts 10 races on Saturday
- The program will include three Group One races, including the Caulfield Guineas
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview
Floating Artist will run as our best bet. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a 10 race program on October 9 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Caulfield Tips for October 9
- Race 1 - 12.15pm Magic Millions Debutant Stakes Tips
- Race 2 - 12.50pm The Big Screen Company Weekend Hussler Tips
- Race 3 - 1.25pm Neds Village Stakes Tips
- Race 4 - 2.00pm Thoroughbred Club Stakes Tips
- Race 5 - 2.35pm Lexus Schillaci Stakes Tips
- Race 6 - 3.10pm Neds Might And Power Tips
- Race 7 - 3.50pm SENET Northwood Plume Stakes Tips
- Race 8 - 4.30pm Neds Caulfield Guineas Tips
- Race 9 - 5.10pm Hyland Race Colours Toorak Handicap Tips
- Race 10 - 5.45pm Neds Herbert Power Stakes Tips
- Caulfield FAQs
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
CLICK HERE: Get $3 for Anamoe & I'm Thunderstruck to both run Top 3
Caulfield Tips for October 9
Race 1 - 12.15pm Magic Millions Debutant Stakes Tips
1. BRERETON trialled up really nicely when untested at Cranbourne last start behind The Wizard King who was backed in from $81 to single figures at Flemington last week. He is a $1 million dollar purchase so one would think there is something under the bonnet and after showing some early speed, could find the box seat or find himself in the three-wide line with cover, both ideal over the sprint.
12. Magic Carpet is a Godolphin debutant so she can never be written off. She is a half-sister to Larkspur Run who is a stakes place getter for the team and has shown good speed in her jumpouts.
6. Mogulist was going well through the line last start and is one I expect the money to come for, but will be one who improves next prep over a touch further.
4. Immortality led in his last jumpout to win, but will be in what looks a big speed battle in front.
Race 2 - 12.50pm The Big Screen Company Weekend Hussler Tips
2. BUFFALO RIVER led the Rupert Clarke which was a high rating event and only was run down in the final furlong. He is yet to miss the top three second-up, winning twice. Second-up last prep, he was heavily backed in the Blamey Stakes and simply went at a frantic tempo that he could not sustain, dropping back for fourth. He was placed as favourite in the Toorak Handicap last year.
1. So Si Bon returned in great order first-up with a fourth placing in the Testa Rossa and always runs a bold race second-up. He won the March Stakes second-up last time in so it is hard to knock his chances.
4. Justacanta won like a good horse at Flemington last start on the one-week back-up and will have to do the same again running for the third week in a row.
8. Viral is as honest as the day is long and can fill the back-end of the minors if he shows up at his top.
Race 3 - 1.25pm Neds Village Stakes Tips
7. LOMBARDO has turned himself around since the blinkers went back on after a big flop at Bendigo. He has won two on the bounce by nearly a combined margin of 10 lengths all in fast times. This is easily his toughest test thus far, and arguably should be a little longer in the market, but he is impossible not to have on top due to his forward race pattern, light weight and the current form.
9. Ocean Beyond may just bump into a good one here but he is low-flying. It is fair to say he should have won last start against Pandemic and the in-form He's A Balter. He can't be left out of the early quaddie.
1. Sansom was a Bletchingly winner three starts back and is now $16 after bumping into Sierra Sue (subsequent Group One winner) and the Memsie Stakes (speaks for itself). He can bounce here.
3. Pandemic loves to look good without winning when punters expect him to fair well. $8.50 with a shorty in the race could be his time to shine.
Race 4 - 2.00pm Thoroughbred Club Stakes Tips
12. SHIHONKA was utterly dominant at Wyong last start when leading all the way to win by six lengths. I do not want to pot a Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott horse after their last fortnight as they are low-flying and seem to have found a nice race here for a very fast and classy filly.
The clear danger to me looks 3. Crystal Bound and I want to be backing her too. She was doggedly first-up and was not screwed down, so that adds a lot of merit to her win.
14. Forever And A Day is well over the odds and is worth putting in exotics. She was heavily backed at Flemington last start when second to New York Baby, but will be much better suited over 1200m.
8. New York Baby showed a nice turn-of-foot down the straight first-up over 1000m, so now the key is running out a strong 1200m.
Race 5 - 2.35pm Lexus Schillaci Stakes Tips
4. SEPTEMBER RUN looks one of the better bets of the day to me. She is going to get a good pace out in front with Savatoxl, Dosh and Jigsaw all handy. Was enormous first-up at The Valley and had too much to do in the Moir, where she was probably looking for a longer trip. 1200m would be ideal, but she is three from four over 1100m and has an electric finish when there is speed up front.
6. Shaquero was great in the Moir with the light weight and gets in light again which will suit. 1100m will suit better, but any rain around on Saturday may just hurt his chances a little.
5. Bella Nipotina was great from off the pace last start when looking hopelessly held-up. Clear galloping room sees her go close, except I do not like her meeting September Run at level weights.
1. Savatoxl can burn early and is a Group One winner so no knocking the class. He has trialled up nicely for this return and has to be a big chance.
Race 6 - 3.10pm Neds Might And Power Tips
2. ZAAKI looks just about unbeatable here in what looks just another repeat of the Underwood Stakes. He will have taken great improvement from that run going the Melbourne way and now stepping up to 2000m looks so ideal, a distance range that he produced a Winx like rating in the Doomben Cup. Sit back and watch what this superstar do his thing.
3. Nonconformist I believe can finish second after a gusty Foundation Cup win, as he looks to peak in next week's Caulfield Cup. Begg will have him just about perfect now with a touch of freshness in his legs.
6. Probabeel is a geniuine query over 2000m. The small field suits, but if No Effort and Homesman get rolling, she may be left vulnerable. In saying that, class could simply see her finish second anyway.
1. Homesman will run well as always, but is a touch off his best form at the moment.
Race 7 - 3.50pm SENET Northwood Plume Stakes Tips
Going with 6. CHASSIS again after looking the winner last start, but only being run down late by the flying Bella Nipotina. She was second to Probabeel two starts back and she is drawn to once again get a peach run in transit. She will loom as the winner at some point, but it will be a matter of whether she can lift again and show the same fight.
1. Brooklyn Hustle was backed for a fortune in the Moir last star, but put on the indicator on the bend, pulling up with issues. She is all class and with Craig Williams back on, can storm over the top late.
3. La Mexicana tried hard last start, finishing third to Bella Nipotina and Chassis. Not sure why she is favourite and why there is a $5 difference in the market between her and Chassis though?
12. More Secrets was a good thing licked last start at Bendigo. Roughies have a habit of winning this race so I would not wipe her off as a chance.
Race 8 - 4.30pm Neds Caulfield Guineas Tips
1. ANAMOE has looked the star three-year-old since day one and I am not going to change that theory now after his awesome Golden Rose effort when defying a heavy track pattern to finish second. He was sensational in the Run To The Rose at the start prior, and now the key is getting out the mile which has looked his trip since his two-year-old days. This race has been the stables target since day one.
2. Artorius poses as a threat if he decides to race generously. He has not put it all together and will need a good speed to chase in front if he is to win. Gate two could prove a little sticky, but we know the class is there as we saw in the Blue Diamond where he beat Anamoe as a two-year-old.
8. Forgot You will run well if Artorius does too. Both love a hot speed and being a Derby type, the harder they go the better he will go.
3. Tiger Of Malay was fifth in the Golden Rose, but clearly lacks something on the top two in the market.
Race 9 - 5.10pm Hyland Race Colours Toorak Handicap Tips
11. I'M THUNDERSTRUCK should have won the Rupert Clarke if he did not have traffic hazards when making his run. The key is now drawing nearer to the inside where he is only going to need one gap and he will explode, likely doing what he should have done last start. 52kg on his back, up to the mile, could we be seeing a Cox Plate contender for next year in the making?
4. Elephant deserves a crack at this level after putting together a great prep of two wins and a narrow second to Superstorm in the Feehan Stakes. He has a forward racing pattern and will stay out of trouble which is key.
9. Aysar, my favourite boy runs again after proving a touch flat last week with the big weight at Flemington. He again looked the winner but just did not finish off, so dropping a mammoth 7.5kg in weight could do this horse wonders.
6. Dice Roll was great in the Rupert Clarke when finishing second and with a repeat performance he can run well again.
Race 10 - 5.45pm Neds Herbert Power Stakes Tips
7. FLOATING ARTIST looks the best bet of the day to me, winning all three starts this prep and finally getting out to 2400m, which does not look a worry in the world seeing he did not finish far from some top class international stayers in 2020. He will be looking to win this to earn the spot into the Caulfield Cup and while he is in dominant form, why jump off now?
11. Tooradin is a model of consistency and is one I feel will be looking at The Hotham on Derby Day to earn his spot into the Melbourne Cup. Expect another bold effort.
5. Delphi was great behind Nonconformist in the Foundation Cup and looks well placed here over 2400m. He needs to win to make the Cup field, so expect a peak performance.
1. The Chosen One performed well at WFA level last start, but did run a bit of stinker in this last year before running a bold third in the Cup.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.15pm.
Who is the best bet of the day at Caulfield?
We are siding with Floating Artist as the best bet of the day at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Floating Artist and September Run will run as our best bets of the day.
Chassis will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Floating Artist To Win $2.70 at Sportsbet - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: September Run To Win $3.20 at Topsport - 7 Units
Value Bet: Chassis Each-Way $9.50 at Ladbrokes Australia - 3 Units