- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
- Thursday 4
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for September 18
- Caulfield hosts Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes Day on Saturday
- The track should race in the Good 4 to Soft 5 range
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for September 18
Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on September 18 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Caulfield Tips for September 18
- Race 1 - 12.30pm PFD Food Services for NJT Hcp Tips
- Race 2 - 1.05pm Henley Homes for RPC Hcp Tips
- Race 3 - 1.40pm Off The Track Community TG Prelude Tips
- Race 4 - 2.15pm Neds Caulfield Guineas Prelude Tips
- Race 5 - 2.55pm Pinchapoo Plate Tips
- Race 6 - 3.35pm 4CYTE for Living Legends Hcp Tips
- Race 7 - 4.15pm Catanach's Jewellers MRC Foundation Cup Tips
- Race 8 - 4.50pm Neds Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes Tips
- Race 9 - 5.25pm Neds How Now Stakes Tips
- Caulfield FAQs
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for September 18
Race 1 - 12.30pm PFD Food Services for NJT Hcp Tips
A tricky race to kick of proceedings as I can knock all of them in some way, but going to go with the horse with some race fitness in 2. THE GAUCH. He has an outstanding record of nine starts for four wins and three seconds, with one of these misses coming last start when less than a length fourth to He's A Balter. Matthew Cartwright takes 2kg off of his back and is unbeaten over the six furlongs.
4. Hela is an intriguing runner as she was seven from seven heading into the Australasian Oaks, starting favourite in that event. Failed, but could she have simply jusr come to the end of her campaign?
11. Pride Of Jenni resumed in fantastic manner last prep when just failing to hold off the fast finishing Agreeable when riding a brutal tempo. That was over 1400m, yet she finds herself over 1200m here.
7. Crestani needs to lift to match it with some proper city horses here, but is in a rich vein of form.
Race 2 - 1.05pm Henley Homes for RPC Hcp Tips
Keen to see 8. OCEAN BEYOND back at the races after two very promising jumpouts, including the latest where he exploded through a gap under light riding to beat Begood Toya Mother. He won the 2020 McKenzie Stakes beating city winner Deep Speed that day, so the talent is there to match it with yhid grade. Forget last prep where nothing went right.
2. Athiri would be odds-on if we were able to forget last prep where she failed in three runs. Oliver has chosen this mare over the stable mate which is a good lead.
4. Pandemic is so frustrating, clearly having stakes potential but his racing pattern of out the back means he finds himself in trouble more often than not. With luck he will run well.
7. He's A Balter beat The Gauch last start who we have tipped in the opener, so he must be given a chance.
Race 3 - 1.40pm Off The Track Community TG Prelude Tips
1. HERESY looks incredibly hard to beat after getting very close to the boys in the McNeil who have been lengths better than the fillies from day dot. She raced in fillies grade two starts back when first-up, running really well behind one of Victoria's better fillies Gimmie Par who would be winning this race. If she just holds her form, I am expecting her to win.
6. Xtra Gear brings the x-factor to the race after running second to Invincible Caviar on debut (brilliant run) and followed that up last start with an easy win at Geelong. 1400m is no worries.
9. Throntari is one at odds who can run well. She won well on debut when swooping at Wangaratta, but now it is a matter of what her level is.
3. Morioka is still a maiden, but will run this trip out well. She is too short for me though.
Race 4 - 2.15pm Neds Caulfield Guineas Prelude Tips
It is a three bet strategy for me in this event, but as for an on-topper, we will go with 6. MILITARY EXPERT who comes down from Sydney after winning his maiden two starts back and running second in the Ming Dynasty last start at Kembla Grange. He has natural pace so he will land in front and may just have that tactical advantage over my second selection in the race.
1. Alpine Edge is the second horse I want to be with as far as a top selection goes as he brings down those different form lines from Queensland which have already stood up. He gets up to 1400m and looks dangerous.
9. Riverplate has already been well backed so the early price is gone, but he attacked the line savagely first-up and looks suited up to 1400m.
2. Lightsaber has the Artorius form which I just have some slight concerns over going forward against the interstate three-year-olds.
Race 5 - 2.55pm Pinchapoo Plate Tips
The stable look to have finally conceded that 1. GENERAL BEAU goes best at 1000m. He boasts a win over Finance Tycoon over 900m, a win and a second to Ingratiating over 1000m and a victory in the Blue Diamond Preview at 1000m. He is left a touch weak over 1100m, although has still been able to win a Blue Diamond Prelude and finish second in a Vain Stakes over that trip.
If 5. Forbes came back as good as he did in the first prep, he would be one of the horses to beat seeing he ran Anamoe to a short half head on debut. He flopped at Canterbury in his sole run over the Autumn, but has trialled up nicely in prep for this event.
3. Ranveer is honest, running second to Profiteer on debut before winning his lone run over the winter. Is he one that will be better with the run under the belt?
2. Starry Legend is very fast, but the form from last prep has not stacked up.
Race 6 - 3.35pm 4CYTE for Living Legends Hcp Tips
3. ANNAVISTO looks very hard to beat after a great second placing to Turaath last start who subsequently won at Group Two level. That is outstanding form and one thing we know about this mare is that she holds form really well. The market tends not to find her and sees her drift, but maybe they will come this time with that Turaath form.
7. Snickerdoodledandy will be better suited at Flemington once she finds herself there, but she did chase well last start behind Probabeel. Second-up, she is yet to miss the top two.
6. Good And Proper was a blackbooker for us last start in the Turaath race, but I want to be on her once she gets to Flemington.
13. Galgani was another who ran well in the Turaath race, but again, Flemington has seen her best performances.
Race 7 - 4.15pm Catanach's Jewellers MRC Foundation Cup Tips
If 11. NONCONFORMIST can't win this, he will struggle to win another race unless he finds himself out of stakes grade. He ran well first-up in the Lawrence when struggling to find clear galloping room, but was on the pace and very good in the Feehan when toughing it out, wide the whole trip. That rated poorly, but this is very weak and he has brilliance which none of these have over this trip.
2. Angel Of Truth was great first-up off a hot tempo and did enough second-up in what was a race where everything held their spot. 2000m is a tick and a rolling tempo from No Effort and Delphi would suit.
15. Tralee Rose was good first-up and is now ideally suited second-up at 2000m, but will improve over further once again.
4. Delphi had the gun run first-up but just stayed at the one tempo to the line. If they make this generally run he may be able to grind them into the ground.
Race 8 - 4.50pm Neds Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes Tips
2. PROBABEEL is the best horse in this race. She is a three-time Group One winner, including second-up last prep where she defeated rival Behemoth very comfortably at this track/trip, who is the benchmark Caulfield 1400m Group One horse. The man of the moment Brett Prebble jumps aboard, looking to claim the first three Group One races of the spring, so you could not get a better jockey engagement.
5. Beau Rossa is the 'weights' horse of the race with 55kg, meaning he has a roughly four length advantage on Probabeel. Based on what both horses have done in their careers, I do feel he needs more than four lengths to beat her, but he is on the way up and this is his chance.
13. Amish Boy may sneak under the radar of a few after a great first-up run behind Masked Crusader in The Heath. He is so consistent, and should run well once again.
1. Behemoth won this race last year with 60kg, but he looks the least suited in this event of the three main chances.
Race 9 - 5.25pm Neds How Now Stakes Tips
6. CHASSIS is a silly price considering how good she was last start, running Probabeel to a head and beating Group One winner Instant Celebrity. She drops 1kg from that run and once again draws barrier eight. If she can find cover in the run, hopefully two of three from the pace, then her last start performance says she should nearly be favourite in this.
13. Enchantingly is the X factor after winning like Phar Lap at Morphettville last start. That was in 68 company so she sky rockets in grade, but has the scope to be this level.
4. La Mexicana has excuses last start in the Regal Roller, but her one run without Kah in the saddle was a flop. Is she actually a genuine group two/group one horse?
3. Bella Nipotina was stiff last start behind Express Pass. Caulfield suits and she will roll along in front as always.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.30pm.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are siding with Heresy as the best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Heresy and Nonconformist will run as our best bets of the day.
Chassis will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Heresy To Win $2.45 at Ladbrokes Australia - 12 Units
Next Best Bet: Nonconformist To Win $4.60 at Topsport - 6 Units
Value Bet: Chassis Each-Way $17.00 at bet365 Australia - 2 Units