- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
- Sunday 3
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for August 14
- Caulfield hosts PB Lawrence Stakes Day on Saturday
- They will race a nine race card on a Good 4 surface
- Who will take out the feature?
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview
Generation will run as our best bet of the day at Caulfield. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on August 14 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
- Caulfield Tips for August 14
- Caulfield FAQs
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Get $4 for Streets Of Avalon to finish 1st or 2nd in the PB Lawrence Stakes
Caulfield Tips for August 14
Race 1 - 12.05pm Thank You MRC Members Handicap Tips
Get $5 for Barbie's Fox to Place & Hi Stranger to Win
5. SO YOU ASSUME has struck a rich vein of form, winning two of her last three races and finishing second behind a smart one two starts back. She has good early toe and will put herself forward, always a good position to be in, while she is also racing very similar horse to what she defeated last start. Not keen to play in the race but this mare goes on top.
2. Barbie's Fox won well last start at Sandown when running down the consistent Unfair Dismissal. 1700m looks no worries at all.
3. Influential Girl is the one I would be tempted to back at the price, but just back in trip I feel she can be left a little flat footed when the sprint goes on. The Tooradin form from last start now reads well with Hosier only beating him by a lip.
1. Lunar Flare will be better at Flemington and over 2000m, but this looks a good point to kick off after a seven-week let-up.
Race 2 - 12.40pm Neds Handicap Tips
4. HI STRANGER gets the nod on a firmer surface, where he is more effective than the second favourite No Effort as proven last start at Moonee Valley. He has a nice turn-of-foot and is drawn to get the gun run of the race just off the speed, which there looks a lot of for a small field. He should be winning this if he has taken confidence from that win.
5. No Effort was game in defeat to Hi Stranger last start, and now looks better suited back to Caulfield where she has performed best over her career. She would love to get her toe into the ground, but I am doubting it will be wet enough for her to turn the tables on the favourite.
6. Barade is a proper stayer, but with some high pace expected in this race, he should have something to work with over the final 600m. If they go hell for skelter, he is the one to watch late.
1. Inverloch rarely runs a very poor race and he shocked with a win on a firm surface three starts back.
Race 3 - 1.15pm Neds Filter Form Handicap Tips
8. DIAMONDS INTHE SKY's Caulfield record is near perfect with two wins from three starts, with the only miss coming last start in a strong race by just over one length. Will Price is unbeaten aboard this mare in two starts, while her second-up record reads well too. She has tactical speed to utilise the inside barrier and give herself every chance to salute again.
2. Barthelona is the interesting galloper having not raced since May last year. His first-up record is outstanding, missing the top two twice in eight starts, but today is a matter of whether his fitness is up to scratch.
13. Zesty Belle was a forgive run last start at Caulfield where she was stuck right back in a field and peeled wide which overall was not the best place to be. Her form can tend to drop off a touch at this stage of the prep, but there have been excuses for these fails.
11. Rolls won well three starts back and has been solid behind Imperial Lad in two starts since.
Race 4 - 1.55pm Mark Mazzaglia Handicap Tips
3. BELLA NIPOTINA is a non-winner with just the one win from 18 starts (which was on this day last year), but has been contesting some much stronger races. She has was last seen contesting the WJ Healy when just knocked off by Away Game who of course is a very good mare. Loks to well and truly have her chance to put career win number two on the board.
4. Paul's Regret has not missed the top two in four first-up starts, and was again solid last prep when running second to Laverrod at this track. She looks to have come back in good order with two trials under the belt, while a drop back in class will be up her alley.
2. Absolute Flirt was good last start in the Miss Albania/La Mexicana race which is brilliant form. Expect her to be running inside the top three.
1. Plaquette beat La Mexicana and Miss Albania last start, but has the dreamiest passage run possible.
Race 5 - 2.35pm IVE Print Handicap Tips
READ: Damian Lane Extras
11. ELEPHANT is an interesting Kiwi raider who is unbeaten in four starts. He holds nominations in both the Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup so although this is his toughest test to date,iss the one who is expected to progress to much better races based off of these nominations.
5. Jumbo Ozaki was the one I nearly had on top after a blackbook effort last start. He just missed King Magnus who has been a subsequent winner and place getter, and arguably should have beaten him that day so the form looks strong.
4. Imperial Lad as won two on end this prep in good style, but faces his toughest test to date by far. He will have to work from an outside gate and will not get things his own way.
9. Wicklow Town won impressively last start and can again run well at an each-way price.
Race 6 - 3.15pm Neds Vain Stakes Tips
5. GENERATION looks the best bet of the day to me, unbeaten in two career starts, including the 1200m at this track. It looks his race to lose, although not proven like some of the horses he is against, he gets in the inside gate, can lead or take the sit, Jamie Kah sticks and is the best suited horse in the field at 1100m fresh.
1. General Beau is the other I feel that is suited to this trip, although he probably would have been better at 1000m first-up. He was the Blue Diamond Preview and Prelude winner, including a win over Anamoe so that is simply the top form in Australia for this level.
4. Jigsaw had his chance last start but may have come undone over the shorter trip. Back to Caulfield and to 1100m is more up his alley and has the race fitness on his side now third-up.
3. Ingratiating is the best horse in this field as his record suggests being a Blue Diamond and Golden Slipper place getter, but he is a much better horse with the blinkers on which are not applied today and could be left vulnerable first-up.
Race 7 - 3.55pm BECK Probuild Quezette Stakes Tips
7. GIMMIE PAR was second behind Ingratiating when debuting in the Autumn, and came out not at her peak when first-up in April to win at $1.50. There is a lot of class there and she will only need to be that touch more wound up to be the horse to beat in this event, now having ticked that Caulfield box last start.
4. Najmaty is the other one who could be Group One quality, but only time will tell as she is still very raw. She has had three tune-up trials for this and is one that has also ticked the Caulfield box with her win in the Redoute's Choice Stakes.
8. Libiamo is an impressive filly who won well on debut at this track and trip. She showed a great turn-of-foot and the horse she beat, Zapateo, has subsequently won in metro grade.
1. Arcaded took out the Blue Diamond Prelude and Magic Night Stakes when last in work, so that is the benchmark level for these girls to beat.
Race 8 - 4.35pm P.B. Lawrence Stakes Tips
10. SIERRA SUE looks back to her old self, showing a good glimpse at Flemington two starts back when running home nicely for fourth, and winning the Mildura Cup last start with ease in what was a confidence boosting win. This is of course a step-up in grade, but this will be one of her peak races before the brilliant horses start to come back in.
2. Streets Of Avalon was very good first-up in the Bletchingly, and was a CF Orr Stakes winner when second-up last time in so there is no doubting his chances in this event. I am not keen on the price available which is what has stopped me from having him on top, be he looks the saver bet in a race where it looks him or something at value.
8. Nonconformist is the blowout if for some reason he is hard fit and ready to go. He is yet to miss the top three when first-up, although this is the toughest grade he has faced at this stage of the prep. Could be the best horse in this race, but this is the prep that we will find out what he is made of.
7. Sansom won the Bletchingly when first-up, which I feel was his advantage of Streets Of Avalon that day being that he is a very good fresh horse. Second-up now sees Avalon beat him, but nonetheless he is a winner and does not know how to run a bad race.
Race 9 - 5.10pm Evergreen Turf Regal Roller Stakes Tips
7. LA MEXICANA looks ideally placed off the back of her fabulous first-up run when she beat home Miss Albania (subsequent winner) while copping a heavy wind at the back of the field. From an inside gate now she can hustle forward and find herself on the pace in a handy position, ready to strike with a light weight around the bend. Clearly one of the better bets of the day.
3. Away Game could be ready for a trip to America this Spring if she was to run top two in this event. She impressed in Queensland when winning the WJ Healy, and will have retained plenty of residual fitness for this.
1. Crosshaven is a touch over the odds, although giving a lot of weight to some of these mares, he was Group One placed at WFA when fresh last time in work. He is better over a touch further, but his class will go a long way.
9. Zou Dancer was a blackbooker of mine last start, but I just wish this race was at Flemington over 1400m as that is where I believe we will see the best from her.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.05pm.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are siding with Generation as the best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Generation & La Mexicana will run as our two best bets of the day.
Sierra Sue will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Generation To Win @200.00 at bet365 Australia - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: La Mexicana To Win @145.00 at Unibet Australia - 8 Units
Value Bet: Sierra Sue Each-Way @900.00 at Sportsbet - 2 Units