- Friday 18
- Saturday 19
- Sunday 20
- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for May 29
- Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track may get an upgrade from the current Soft 5 reading
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race tips for May 29
Caulfield hosts a nine race meeting on May 29. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on May 29 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for May 29
Race 1 - 11.45am Happy 50th Leanne Napper Tips
4. SET THE SAILS was a good thing beaten first-up when stuck in traffic out the back, only to flash late and miss by a head. He wins in the next stride, but it was still a brilliant debut in that which puts him in good stead heading into this event. He may be short, but looks the winner.
1. Suduko bolted in on debut and looks as if he will run out a strong 1200m here. A natural early type that the favourite is going to need to run down.
5. Soobooma adds some value to the exotics off the back of a third placing behind a subsequent metro winner and place getter. As he is coming from a smaller stable, I feel that is why we are getting a big price.
8. All About Eve came from last to win at Bendigo, although arguably should have been beaten by the second horse with even luck.
Race 2 - 112.20pm Neds Filter Form Handicap Tips
15. DEMANDO was a huge eye-catcher first-up when dashing home off a slow tempo on the wrong part of the track when fourth behind 13. Sugartown. He was only just over two lengths from that rival and arguably should have finished closer, so I just don't see how there can be such a price discrepancy between the two.
Sugartown was impressive and knows how to win, but giving respect to Demando means not taking the price on offer for this horse.
3. Maha has trialled nicely for this first-up assignment, where she has shown ability at this stage of the prep before. She was only two lengths from Celestine first-up before finishing a length from September Run.
6. Florescent Star finds herself in much stronger grade, but she simply does not know how to run a bad race.
Race 3 - 12.55pm Neds Same Race Multi Handicap Tips
10. THE GAUCH is a very consistent galloper with a record that reads three wins and three seconds from seven starts. With Matt Cartwright aboard, he gets in light with 54kg, and with some good tactical speed, he will just about find the box seat in running. From there, he can use his nice turn-of-foot to put this race to bed.
2. Pintoff has won at both starts this prep, last start showing some tenacious qualities to get home. Laura Lafferty now hops aboard taking 3kg off, and with the experience around Caulfield under the belt, he will be in the finish once again.
9. The Difference is first-up with the blinkers off for the first time which will help him settle. He has shown good talent in his 10 start career, so it would be no shock to see him take another step in the right direction.
14. Promotions does not have the greatest Caulfield record, but looks the next pick in the race.
Race 4 - 1.30pm Michael Andrew AO Handicap Tips
8. PLAQUETTE arrives fresh off the back of a fantastic second behind Intrepidacious five weeks ago, storming home from the back of the field in what was an eye-catching display. That form has subsequently been franked up North, so I take confidence that she is ready to run well once again and is one of the better chances on this card.
2. Why Choose Her comes from Ascot after contesting some stakes racing when over there. Two starts back, she was less than a length from Indian Pacific who finished runner-up in a Newmarket.
4. Pinyin is very consistent but just struggles to win compared to the placings she runs. She was good first-up so expect a similar performance.
3. Bons Abroad has put back-to-back wins together, but jumping from a wide gate now makes things tough for this horse.
Race 5 - 2.10pm Enable Professional Services Handicap Tips
4. ADELAIDE ACE was back to his best first-up at Warrnambool where he was a touch unlucky not to win. Back to drier ground suits, and we know he loves the 1400m journey as his record suggests. Second-up he has good form, so with improvement, he looks a great bet at the price.
3. Defiant Dancer has placed at his last two starts and handles all ground. I like him at seven furlongs and although he needs to lift his Caulfield record, he nearly won in a bunched finish last time out.
6. Biometric always runs a good race, again running well behind Dice Roll and subsequent winner Yulong January last start. That form reads well.
11. Tinandali is the interesting runner for mine, heavily supported on his Australian debut but failing to make much of an impression. 1400m may be a touch short but I do feel he has class that will show in coming starts.
Race 6 - 2.50pm Cyclotek Handicap Tips
2. PACODALI looks a touch of value third-up after two nice runs and is ready for this trip. He does not have an imposing record third-up, but is yet to miss the top two over this track and trip and will be ready to go after tackling a sharper race in Adelaide last start. Damian Lane has a great affiliation with him having been aboard six times for two wins and two placings.
4. Yonkers is the clear horse to beat after a great win by nearly five lengths at this track and trip two back, before running second in the Wagga Cup behind Inverloch. Travelling takes a bit out of horses but if he is coming to the races in good knick, then he is the one they need to beat.
3. Hypnos was very flat footed last start after being one of the better backed runners on the day at Flemington. Loomed to win, but looked as if he may have needed the run over the final 100m.
1. Another Dollar was good behind Yonkers two back and finished behind Hypnos last start, but he is one for the back-end of exotics.
Race 7 - 3.30pm Ontoit Handicap Tips
4. VUNGERS struggled third-up when out-sprinted at Ballarat off a muddling tempo. This time, he rises to the mile and may try too strong from the front, jumping from an inside gate. He won a few country cups using those tactics, so it would be no shock to see him do that here and maybe pinch this on the bend.
9. Reckoning beat Vungers in the Ballarat race where he showed the superior turn of foot. There is no doubt he has a touch more 'talent' than our top pick, but this race may be run to suit the former.
15. Prince Of Helena was one of three horses in a tight finish at Flemington in what looks a strong race on paper. Where he ends up from the gate is the question, but should run well nevertheless.
3. Spring Choice has opened up favourite off the back of a Sandown win and draws perfectly again. I just see no value with him but he must be given a chance in an open race for multiples.
Race 8 - 4.10pm Neds Toolbox Handicap Tips
4. SEB SONG has ability and is drawn to get the suck run behind the speed. He was dominant at Cranbourne when a drifter in betting, although not a big margin, showed great acceleration beating a smart one named Scantoon. Up to the mile and with the necessary improvement expected, I feel he should be the favourite.
5. Riot And Rose has put together two very smart wins, last start winning on the synthetic which has proven to be a good formula when coming to town. The market has well and truly found her, but the ability is there to win.
1. First Accused crosses the Tasman after smashing a small field at Hobart last start. He is yet to miss a place from eight starts.
3. Running Cloud is a touch of overs after leading all the way at the track and trip last start. This is a harder race, but he;s in-form.
Race 9 - 4.40pm Catanach's Jewellers Handicap Tips
2. THE INEVITABLE is a gun when on song. His first-up runs are always good, putting up a flashing second two preps back and last prep, finishing fourth by a half-length in a Bobbie Lewis. That is top form for this race off the back of two Tassie trial wins, he will be ready to go.
9. Muntaseera adds a lot to this race for mine after winning the Redelva two starts back and finishing four lengths away in the Sangster last start. She is very fit and loves the 1100m.
8. Bless Her has had a stable change to the Busuttin and Young team. This mare is a gun and her record reflects this with five wins and four placings from 11 starts. She is unbeaten over the track and trip, but stable changes with good horses worry me a tad.
4. Banquo is a funny horse who could win without shocking, or be looking for 1400m. He was four lengths from Bivouac and Loving Gaby in a Newmarket and second in a Bobbie Lewis when second-up last prep. All class but not prepared to back him with confidence first-up.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield will jump at 11.45am.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are siding with Set The Sails as the best bet of the day.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Visit our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Set The Sails and Plaquette will run as our best bets of the day.
Demando will run as our value bets.
Best Bet: Set The Sails To Win @135.00 at BetMGM - 13 Units
Next Best Bet: Plaquette To Win @400.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 5 Units
Value Bet: Demando Each-Way @1500.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 2 Units