- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
- Friday 28
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for April 24
- Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently rated a Good 4
- Justin Darcy previews the entire April 24 card
Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on April 24 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for April 24
Race 1 - 12.15pm Wilde Racing Handicap Tips
3. GIMMIE PAR really caught the eye when second down the Flemington straight to Ingratiating who went on to run second in a Blue Diamond and place in a Golden Slipper. She was backed at a price that day as well and truly gave the favourite a real scare. He comes right back a notch for this race and with a similar performance, she is just about the best bet of the day.
2. Billiondollarbaby won well enough at Canterbury but does come up a grade in this race. It is hard to knock winning form from two-year-old's though.
4. Anatolia got the bob on Bendigo Mile day, but that does not look as strong of form as the top two in betting.
1. Vandoula Lass was good in her two fresh starts last prep but was not sighted first-up this time in. Not sure what to make of that run but if she can perform as well as last prep, she's in the race.
Race 2 - 12.50pm Ern Jensen Funerals Handicap Tips
1. PRIDE OF JENNI was super first-up from a break when beaten only by Agreeable who looks to be on track for some Stakes racing this prep. That was over 1400m at Caulfield, now rising to the mile which she is bred to handle. She will lead, give a sight once again, and being able to handle all track conditions only favours her more.
3. Brookspire has some top class form from her last two starts, but is she going to handle Caulfield and how is she going to cope with a likely fast run mile off the back of a six-week let-up?
I have plenty of time for 7. Americain Angel who has not exactly been a punter's pal, but there is an engine there. The more race experience she gets, the better she will be as a four-year-old which is when I believe she will be hitting her straps.
4. Perfect World broke through easily three back at Sale before running well in the Kewney and just being beaten by Ecumenical a month ago in the Clare Lindop Stakes. Four weeks between runs in the concern.
Race 3 - 1.25pm Next Payments Handicap Tips
This is an impossible race with so many country form lines coming to the fore, so going with an ex-international in 11. MR MOOJ who is produced first-up for Lloyd Williams and trained by Robert Hickmott. He has had just the one career win from seven starts, but was tested against Tiger Moth at the end of last prep, albeit going no good. These Williams horses always seem to run well in these types of race first-up, so at the price a small wager each-way would not hurt.
12. Blue Ocean does not know how to win, but always runs an honourable race. Expect him to be looking the winner at some point in the race.
14. Dreamed crosses the boarder from SA after beating Blue Ocean last start. That was a strong win and the SA trainers do have a fair record here.
3. Chuck A Luck is in this up to his ears on his best form, but that tapered away at the end of last prep. His run was encouraging first-up this time in and he does have a good second-up record.
Race 4 - 2.00pm L. U. Simon Builders Handicap Tips
Near impossible to look past the unbeaten 6. MARABI who bolted in her first two starts by a combined margin of 15 lengths, before putting a small but smart field of four at Moonee Valley to the sword by nearly three lengths. Is the clear x-factor, but the question is how much gas will she burn crossing from the wide gate?
1. She's A Thief is a ridiculous price for a mare who will have no choice but to cross and aim to lead, which will likely be at a faster than average tempo. She has not been ridden overly well at her past two starts, resulting in poor performances, but she is so much better than that. Value.
3. Intrepidacious brings down the Sydney form first-up after two trials at Randwick. She handles all ground and looks a clear threat to the favourite.
15. Sweetzou was too speedy first-up in a handy race at Sandown where she led from start to finish. She will only get better, but will be one caught in that speed battle.
Race 5 - 2.35pm The Di Beretta Handicap Tips
3. YULONG COMMAND was a strong winner at the end of last prep when taking out the Vobis Gold Carat with some strong form lines around him. He needed the run first-up off a 10-week break and now jumping from the inside gate makes life a little easier to find the front. He was only beaten four lengths in that race behind Minhaaj and 6. All Of Brighton, but will take great improvement from the outing.
8. Winsum is a class act, sitting up close enough to the speed but he just could not hold off the swoopers late. Third-up and ready to peak, this could be his race to win.
6. All Of Brighton was good from the back last start and gets in light once again with the claim of Maddison Lloyd. He may need the speed on to perform that well again.
10. Tydeus is an interesting runner and clearly has ability. He was not sighted in the Danehill, but had won his prior two starts very comfortably.
Race 6 - 3.15pm Stow Storage Solutions Australia Hcp Tips
12. SUPERIUM was quite unlucky fresh when beaten in weaker company, but arguably with even luck he nearly wins that race. Second-up is a big tick as his form suggests and he will have plenty of pace on which means this field will be strung out, allowing him plenty of room to move.
4. Open Minded in low-flying at the moment, taking out the Sale Quality two back and winning a handy 78 at Moonee Valley last start. Although the form around him has not stood up to this level, he is the one that can now make that step.
1. Alfa Oro was run off his feet first-up behind Sword Of Mercy and Diamond Effort, both Group One performed gallopers. Not sure he thrives off a hectic tempo with 5. Sartorial Splendor will likely set again, but is arguably the best horse in the race.
Race 7 - 3.55pm Manhari Metals Handicap Tips
4. MAHAMEDEIS is on the back-up after saluting last week when weighted and placed supremely. He handles back-up, winning two of his four attempts on the seven day back-up, beating an in-form Polly Grey at Moonee Valley the week after winning the Vobis Stayers race at Caulfield in July. If he shows up again, is the clear favourite in the event.
12. Killourney is the main danger off the back of two very good runs behind Shandy and Legend Of Zorro. Third-up, 2000m, minimum weight..that's a yes from me.
2. Inverloch is as honest as the day is long, bouncing back second-up last start at this track, leading all the way in tough fashion. He is half the quote here, but is the one they need to catch.
9. Yonkers is another honest performer, but I will stick to saying that Hugh Bowman gets the best out of him as he showed three back with a great win at Randwick.
Race 8 - 4.30pm Thoroughbred Club Anniversary Vase Tips
6. STILL A STAR would be a great story if she could win for trainer Bill Ryan. She had next to no luck in the All-Star Mile while she was ultra-brave last start behind Mr Quickie, only going down a head to the multiple Group One winner. Will get another cosy run behind the speed and look to accelerate with a clear passage once again.
3. Begood Toya Mother would win this if he is at his best, which there was a little indication last start that he could be near it. Was super stiff in the event mentioned above, and with a little more gate speed from out wide, he may be able to cross, find cover and sprint past them on the turn now as his rating starts to drop.
5. Missile Mantra was well-backed and too good first-up in a small field here, and although she did not beat a whole lot, we know that she is a Group One performer on her day.
8. Groundswell was dominant at Bendigo last start but does need to rise again to beat these top three horses.
Race 9 - 5.05pm Dexion Victoria Handicap Tips
11. LEGEND OF ZORRO is in a rich vein of form after winning his third race on the trot. That was a dominant display at Sandown where they never even looked like catching him, so there is no reason why he can't raise the bar again.
13. Pesto was super first-up at Caulfield and will appreciate this 1600m journey. Need to be wary of the possible flat run, but on face value that was a big effort.
6. Mr Exlusive looks great value after looming to win the race last start behind Re Edit and Skyman, but is fitness just came to the fore over the final furlong. he's a second-up winner and I like him staying at the mile.
14. Legionnaire was luckless last start. Not sure what to make of him up to 1600m, butis a chance if things go his way this time around.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.15pm with the last to be run at 5.05pm.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
Gimmie Par will run as our best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Gimmie Par and Mahamedeis will run as our two best bets of the day.
Yulong Command will run as our best value.
Best Bet: Gimmie Par To Win @145.00 at BetMGM - 11 Units
Next Best Bet: Mahamedeis To Win @220.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 8 Units
Value Bet: Yulong Command Each-Way @2500.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit