- Thursday 15
- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for April 10
- Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday
- The track is currently rated a Good 4
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview for April 10
Caulfield hosts nine races on Saturday. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on April 10 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for April 10
Race 1 - 12.25pm Neds Handicap Tips
6. LUCKY DECISION is a well-bred youngster who will get over more ground as his career unfolds. He finished second to Lightsaber in a recent jumpout, who is well in the market for a Sires Produce in Sydney, while he beat He's The Ultimate who defeated 4. Hunnam last week. Happy to lean with the first starter.
2. Cheerful Legend was fair in the Sires at Flemington, but was beaten fair and square in the process. His win at Moonee Valley prior was very good, but I do feel he needs a strong pace to deliver his best.
4. Hunnam is a lovely type going forward, and 1200m is better for him than last week, but I do feel once he stretches out to seven furlongs, we are going to see a handy galloper.
3. He's Exceptional should have been beaten by Hunnam last start for second spot with winner Crystal Bound six lengths clear of them. He's a nice gelding going forward but may just lack a killer punch unlike the top three.
Race 2 - 1.00pm Neds Filter Form Handicap Tips
Difficult race but going with 1. DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR who is the class as a multiple Group One place getter. He was good first-up at Moonee Valley behind Ancestry and gets the 2kg weight relief in this field which he may need. Has won second-up and if there is a bit of rain about, this only enhances his chances.
3. Missile Mantra is more effective over 1400m plus, but she has a touch of class on her side and is coming from the right stable. The small field will help her turn of speed as she has the best sprint in the race.
6. Simply Optimistic is a hard one to get a grip on as his form is around 80 class and he is now facing Group class opposition. He's not exactly well weighted either with a low rating, with the likes of Missile Mantra 12 rating points ahead, only giving him 1kg.
2. Native Soldier is the intriguing runner as if he was wound up to win, is the winner, but he has been off the scene for so long. Market tells his story.
Race 3 - 1.35pm Neds Same Race Multi Handicap Tips
2. LI'L KONTRA flies second-up and although has never won at that stage of the prep, she has not missed a placing. She was close to her best first-up when only less than two lengths from Mileva and Lyre in a stakes race at Morphettville. Has only seen Caulfield once which was in her three-year-old days, running second in the Blue Sapphire. Her best is well and truly good enough.
1. Superium was game first-up last prep before pulling up with excuses when favourite second-up. His first-up form is good as is his dry track form. He will hope the rain stays away.
12. The Last Napoleon does not win out of turn, but has been good at his last two starts. The last effort behind Sisstar reads well and he is very fit.
10. Wilmot Pass is always somewhere in the market, but Caulfield has not been his track in the past. Maybe wait until next start for him.
Race 4 - 2.10pm Catanach's Jewellers Handicap Tips
Very confident that 9. GARVOC can get another win on the board now plummeting in the weights and although rising in class, the form from last start has been super with the winner subsequently placing in metro class and the third horse winning at Sale. Barrier two just means he will need a little bit of luck, but looks to have found his perfect in my eyes.
10. Knowles looks the value play now dropping in grade after tackling the Tressady last start where she was totally outclassed. She handles Caulfield and is a better mare when kept fresh.
8. Rainbiel pulled up with excuses when disappointing market expectation last start, but we know she is better than that and was in brilliant form prior.
3. Lesage was brave first-up when leading a hot tempo and gripping on at Moonee Valley (although the rail was fire). She will be up on the pace again and will look to repeat last starts effort.
Race 5 - 2.50pm Hylands Race Colours Handicap Tips
6. MOZZIE MONSTER has a lot of ability, kicking off this prep with a game fifth before running second behind Annavisto in the Bendigo Guineas. Third-up I am expecting her to be just about peaking and getting to her home track does look an advantage. Ignore the Caulfield form next to her name, they were all in much stronger races than what she faces here.
2. South Parade could make it a John Sadler quinella after beating up the older horses two starts back and leading all the way back against the three-year-olds at Sandown last start. The 3kg claim is very useful and we know he makes his own luck.
1. Annavisto is the testing material, but does carry the big weight, now giving our top selections 2kg. She is very short in the market for mine so happy to be risking at the price.
3. Air Defence was lucky to win the Vobis Gold Reef in slow time two back, but stood her ground in the Bendigo Guineas last start when running third. She has the right form line coming into this race now.
Race 6 - 3.35pm Lamaro's Hotel Galilee Series Final Tips
1. LIQEURO was simply too good at Bendigo last start, beating Explosive Jack who had some very good form behind him and Salto Angel who is the Oaks runner-up. Running out 2400m is the next task and having to take such a short price about it, but the extra trip poses no worries to me.
6. Through Irish Eyes was building up to his Sale win last start where he showed a very good turn-of-foot, beating a subsequent winner Tictoc Tictoc. At the price, he looks a better bet than the top selection, but if the favourite runs the trip out I do not think this one can beat him.
8. Olivia's Game impressed two back when beating Through Irish Eyes, but was very flat behind Liqeuro last start. Not sure what to think of her now but she does have some class based off the win two back.
I loved the way 3. Storm's Colours hit the line last start in midweek grade over 1800m. 2400m will be right up his alley so I would not be shocked to see him run a cheeky race at a massive price.
Race 7 - 4.15pm MRC Chairman's Club Handicap Tips
A very difficult race to judge as the Mornington Cup should be the best form reference, but they walked and everything just held its spot.
I loved the win of 8. MOHICAN HEIGHTS on Mornington Cup day, where he ranged up to the smart Grand Promenade and put him to bet very quickly. This is the type of galloper we could see fly through the grades and possibly hit an Andrew Ramsden. From barrier one he will need some luck, but is the one with the most scope.
7. Yonkers is a consistent gelding who was placed fourth in the Mornington Cup, commencing the runs of those horses from off the speed, but again he just held his ground without being a flashing light. He was a winner at this track and trip in the Spring so should be respected.
1. Lord Belvedere needs another win after putting in three runs in a row where there have been excuses. He will get back and look to launch late.
2. Blenheim Palace will appreciate the rise to 2400m. His first-up run in Australia was decent while the next two have had excuses. Value?
Race 8 - 4.50pm The Promenade by Geoff Lindsay of Lamaro's Hotel Tips
7. VEGAS KNIGHT is a much better when out in trip and ridden to break their hearts. He did this at the track and trip in the spring, destroying his rivals by nearly four lengths. The four-year-old was ridden with intent last start and was very good, but out to 2000m look an ideal scenario for him, especially at Caulfield.
2. Grand Promenade ran second to Mohican Heights last start who is our top selection in the prior event. He is handy but is now in need of another win. Will look a live chance at some stage, but whether he will go on with it is another question.
5. Independent Road's story is always told with the market. If he drifts he probably is not a live chance, but when supported, is always competitive. He beat our top selection at Sandown last start.
8. Wyclif is an interesting galloper after doing enough at Mornington last start to warrant a chance in this. He is very short, but the two ticks he gets are the low weight and the 2000m trip.
Race 9 - 5.25pm Tile Importer Handicap Tips
7. PLEIN CIEL has very good second-up form which I am going to stick with in this event. His first-up run was sound enough in a race that was suited only to those on the pace, while his last prep second-up run was a dead heat win at Moonee Valley. He loves Caulfield with four wins and two placings next to his name from eight starts, so is the horse that profiles as the winner for mine.
5. Platoon just keeps running well, but he has been up for some time. He was good in the Golden Mile last start, so if he can hold that form for one more run he has to be a live chance.
9. Hi Stranger had his chance in the Golden Mile but was not good enough on the day. This race suits better but I do not see him turning the tables on Platoon.
6. Inverloch will take great fitness from his first-up outing an while he is still probably one run away from being a genuine winning chance, did enough first-up to suggest he will run well here.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.25pm.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are siding with Garvoc as the best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Garvoc and Plein Ciel will run as our two best bets of the day.
Vegas Knight will run as our value bet.
Best Bet: Garvoc To Win @320.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Plein Ciel To Win @550.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 6 Units
Value Bet: Vegas Knight Each-Way @650.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 4 Units