- Wednesday 24
- Thursday 25
- Friday 26
- Saturday 27
- Sunday 28
- Monday 1
- Tuesday 2
- Wednesday 3
- Thursday 4
- Friday 5
- Saturday 6
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for February 20
- Caulfield hosts Blue Diamond day on Saturday
- There are three Group One races on the program
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race tips
Caulfield hosts a big nine race card this Saturday. (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on February 20 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for February 20
Race 1 - 12.40pm Neds Mornington Cup Prelude Tips
Confident that punters can kick off the day with a bang with 4. DEFIBRILLATE who now comes back up to an ideal 2000m off the back of an 1800m dead-heat at this track last start. Convinced he is a better at Flemington with the longer straight, but he has won two races this time in at Caulfield and looks the obvious on paper here.
9. Aussie Nugget is from the Freedman yard with Jamie Kah on board, the partnership combining for a strike rate of nearly 40%. She rode this gleding to victory last start.
3. Wolfe is the bold front-running type who will set the tempo. He comes back in trip but is a track and trip winner. If there is any leader bias, he's the one to beat.
5. Blenheim Palace was good first-up for Dan Bowman and will have taken great improvement from that effort behind Defibrillate.
Race 2 - 1.15pm Neds Zeditave Stakes Tips
With the scratching of Vowmaster, 5. IT'SOURTIME picks himself off the back of a Stakes placings last start behind Poland when just lacking the zing in a fast run affair last start. Poland looks a nice horse going forward and Amish Boy contests a WFA Group One today. The third placing reads very well and he is the one who is at peak fitness for this contest.
7. Oxley Road is accepted for Friday night and I am expecting him to go there, but if not his Flemington win was well above average and he will only improve on top of the ground.
3. Valaquenta is Stakes-placed at Moonee Valley and was in a strong race first-up this time in so expecting great improvement now up to 1200m. He has a win and a second from three attempts at the Caulfield.
2. Conceited comes back for the first time in over 12 months, and although has not shown a heap at the trials, he does have plenty of class.
Race 3 - 1.50pm Neds Angis Armanasco Stakes Tips
3. MALICORNE was super behind La Mexicana last start when having a good run in transit. I do not see anything changing here where the filly has drawn gate two and will position herself right behind the leaders. If she can show a turn of foot like last start, her race fitness could be the key to getting her over the line against some stakes class horses here.
8. Miss Guggenheim is a very nice filly, last start seen in October where she was seventh in a Manifold, having zero luck at crucial stages of the race, yet still producing the fastest final 200m of the race. There's plenty of upside with her.
5. Impecunious won like a future star back in December when putting the smart Winsum to bed rather easily. That was over 1200m and she tackles the 1400m here first-up.
4. Safe Passage was three-wide without cover last start but was still too good in the end for Don'ttelltheboss. Although this is harder, she has the scope to make that step up in grade.
SATURDAY SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Race-By-Race Rosehill Preview
Race 4 - 2.25pm Premier Signs Mannerism Stakes Tips
1. PERFECT JEWEL has been smashed in early betting and rightly so after what she managed to produce first-up in the Spring. She was a mile too good in the Cockram before going on to start $4.80 in a Group One Makybe Diva Stakes. Her trial in WA was good and with Willy Pike aboard, will only come in even further. Multi builder is how I describe her chances.
2. Sovereign Award was really flat in the CF Orr when racing way too keenly and dropping out noticeably with a furlong to run. Second-up she goes well and that fresh run could have just knocked the edge off of her.
7. Lunakorn smoked them last start over the mile, but back to 1400m and Caulfield is my question as she looks to have Flemington written all over her based off the latest win.
6. Neighbourhood was three lengths off subsequent Group One winner Streets Of Avalon last start and that is good enough for this. She looks a clear top four chance with some other staying types resuming.
Race 5 - 3.00pm ZircoDATA Autumn Classic Tips
Going with race fitness here and that is 11. BUTTER CHICKEN who I do believe is a future Group One winner. She really impressed on debut when caught wide but only just missing the bob at Pakenham, before going on to score impressively there last start. Being by Savabeel out of a Galileo Mare, she has stayer written all over her, so the fact that there's such a potent turn-of-foot over these smaller trips is extremely exciting. Butter Chicken is the best bet of the day.
10. Parure is another with race fitness that was too good on the pace at Sandown last start. She puts herself into races from the jump which is always a positive sign and has always a looked a galloper that will get further than a mile with seemingly her dam's (Fontein Ruby) middle distance ability.
1. Khoekhoe was good in a McNeil when fresh last prep but I like the fact he comes into this first-up over 1800m. He is a very smart and a natural three-year-old that did not go down the Derby path last prep.
3. Young Werther was okay on February 6. He was good through the lines but looked very dour early off a hot tempo. 1800m is ideal but how much has a Derby prep taken off his ability?
Race 6 - 3.35pm Lamaro's Sth Melbourne Futurity Stakes Tips
Very keen on my top two selections here, but based on the price I have to go with 6. ARCADIA QUEEN. Forget the first-up run last prep where she had hoof issues, and judge her on her last three runs which resulted in two Group One wins and a very unlucky fifth in the Cox Plate. She is a freak of a horse and is here to win.
1. Behemoth has an outstanding Caulfield 1400m record, winning his last two starts at the track and trip, both at Group One level. He is drawn to get the gun run early and only needs a touch of luck to feature again.
7. Probabeel was mighty here last start when three-wide for the trip, yet still proving a class above. Barrier nine in this company makes it tougher.
2. Streets Of Avalon recorded his second Caulfield WFA Group One over 1400m in the CF Orr after winning this race last year. We know he will be in front with a furlong to go but does he has the class to go toe-to-toe with the top three?
Race 7 - 4.15pm Neds Blue Diamond Stakes Tips
The lameness two days before the big race for 13. ENTHAAR is concerning, but I can't imagine the team running her if she is not right. She has been the benchmark two-year-old this season and looks the obvious hope based on her win in the Chairmans Stakes last start and the Gimcrack win from the Spring. If she is at her top she wins this easily, but do I want to be taking $2.40 with Thursday's news? Probably not.
8. Jigsaw was very good in the Colts Prelude when backed heavily late then was caught wide and over-raced. The experience will have done him the world of good and last year's winning jockey Michael Walker is very confident in his chances.
5. Anamoe is a big danger if he finds cover from the wide gate. He is a natural get back and run on type, and will eat every bit of the 1200m. Blinkers go on and Damien Oliver sticks.
11. Hitotsu is great value for those wanting a triple figure hope. He closed off with the second fastest last 600m and 200m in the Colts Prelude, those splits were only second to Anamoe. With a tow into this, he isn't hopeless.
Race 8 - 4.55pm Neds Oakleigh Plate Tips
8. BOLD STAR was good in defeat behind 12. Prophet's Thumb via his latest outing and gets a big weight swing back in his favour. Had the race last year not been so leader bias, he would have finished a lot closer than three lengths off the winner, adding merit to his performance. In a race that is always a raffle, he looks a great each-way play.
9. Brooklyn Hustle is going as good as ever (according to the stable). Both career wins have come fresh and although she is not at her favored Moonee Valley for this, she did measure up in Group One class last prep which gives me confidence she is a chance here.
14. Sword Of Mercy is the overs in the race who is mapped not to spend a penny until the final furlong. She can produce a short and sharp sprint when coiled up and should've won the Prophet's Thumb race last start. The daughter of Sebring pushed Fabergino to her limits prior to that, who subsequently ran fourth in the Lightning Stakes.
1. Zoutori was runner-up here last year and although lumping the top weight, he goes well fresh and can sit positive in the run which is his advantage.
Race 9 - 5.35pm Carlton Draught Peter Young Stakes Tips
9. NONCONFORMIST was very good in an on-pace dominated Carlyon Cup last start. Getting up to 1800m second-up looks ideal and although was flat second-up last campaign, that was on a wet surface which he won't see here. With scope to go on to Group One glory either this prep or next, he does need to be winning these type of events to justify the hype.
3. Homesman is a gun fresh so he is the clear danger to our top selection. He won the Crystal Mile first-up last time in work and he loves Caulfield, so he must be included in all multiples.
8. Shared Ambition did what we have been waiting for him to do for a while now and that is win. he was too good over the mile and will only improve second-up, getting to a track that we know he gets around.
12. Paradee has been up for a long time but just keeps running well. The four-year-old is coming back from a successful Magic Millions campaign, so not sure how much petrol is left but she can't be dismissed.
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.40pm with the last event to be run at 5.35pm.
Who is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are siding with Butter Chicken as the best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Butter Chicken and Perfect Jewel will run as our best bets of the day.
Bold Star looks the value bet in the Oakleigh Plate.
Best Bet: Butter Chicken To Win @550.00 at BetMGM - 5 Units
Next Best Bet: Perfect Jewel To Win @100.00 at Caesars (Sport) - 10 Units
Value Bet: Bold Star Each-Way @2200.0 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit