Caulfield hosts an eight race program on February 6 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for February 6
Race 1 - 12.40pm The Big Screen Company Handicap Tips
Not a race I am keen to get involved in but 7. REGARDSMAREE was well backed last start at Caulfield and won with authority in 70 class. He and jockey Rhys McLeod have a good affiliation, combining for two wins from two rides. The win last start showed that he may be ready to go through his grades this prep, and this looks the next step towards that goal.
9. Imperial Lad was solid last start behind Second Slip who had the race run to suit. He led up and only faded late, so will be hard fit for this assignment.
10. Paperboy was great two and three starts ago in great form races, but simply did not have the race run to suit last start. If the rain stays away and he gets some pace in front to suit, he is one that can show up at double figures.
3. Marcel From Madrid was very good last start down the Flemington straight behind Housay, but does not have any form at Caulfield which is the issue.
Race 2 - 1.15pm Neds Blue Diamond Prelude (F) Tips
Keen on 3. TAYLA'S MOMENT here after two great 1000m runs, including a second to Dosh in the Blue Diamond Preview a week and a half ago. She looks a filly who will relish the 1100m as she builds into her races beautifully, and with race experience around Caulfield, is the one I want to be playing.
6. Bird Of Dubai should have won last start at Moonee Valley, a race where 2. Telluride came home from the back of the field. She was nestled up along the fence and could not find a gap where she needed. Her fourth in the Debutant Stakes was strong.
4. Tempest Charm is a great roughie in this race, much better suited to 1100m than the 1000m she faced at two starts last prep. She was third in the Inglis race at Moonee Valley in the fifth last 200m of the day, while she was okay at Flemington, running sixth to Dosh by just over two lengths.
5. Arcaded is the deserved favourite off the back of a dominant win here, but she is quite short now coming up to tougher company.
Race 3 - 1.50pm Neds Blue Diamond Prelude (C&G) Tips
7. JIGSAW was mighty impressive on debut when beating subsequent city winner Artorius. He jumped to the front and had it his own way, storming away from what has proven to be a nice horse. Barrier nine is the little issue, but I am confident class can prevail for this son of Manhattan Rain.
2. Anamoe is a serious Colt, having won the Merson Cooper Stakes at Sandown at the end of last prep. He ran fifth in the Debutant Stakes, but was a touch unlucky there was clearly one of the horses to follow from the race.
1. General Beau I believe has a big question mark past 1000m. He held off 3. Extreme Warrior at his latest start in the Blue Diamond Preview, but may have struggled had the race gone another 100m. No doubt he has talent, but I just have that small query over him.
INGLIS RACE DAY: Race-By-Race Randwick Preview
Race 4 - 2.25pm Hyland Race Colours Autumn Stakes Tips
Landed on 2. AMISH BOY by default here after what was a great run in the Magic Millions Guineas when finishing second. He his Group-placed over this track/trip via the Caulfield Guineas Prelude, and has not missed a place over 1400m. Jamie Kah takes the reins which could be the move to get the elusive second win.
9. I'm Thunderstruck was very impressive in Maiden companyon debut here. Of course this is another level to what he faced that day, but the only thing stopping me from declaring him here is that he was so raw and did so much wrong on debut, which he cannot do against the likes of Amish Boy who is very professional.
3. Young Werther went around as the VRC Derby favourite and has all the talent in the world on his side. This obviously is not his main goal of the prep, but expecting a bold showing from a horse of his calibre.
4. Jet Propulsion is a 1/2 to Pierata who was very good against the likes of Peltzer and Prime Star last prep. The Mo'unga form from two back could be some of the best in the country by the end of the Autumn.
Race 5 - 3.00pm Kevin Hayes Stakes Tips
The Price & Kent Jr yard is the key to this race with favourite 10. PINKHAM who was very sharp in her recent Geelong trial. She towelled them from the front by seven lengths and looked to have another gear left in store. Her only start was a win at Seymour by nearly three lengths. Has class and can go on with the job here.
6. Sense Of Honour has very strong form next to her name, with a very good fourth to Crosshaven last prep and a tough win down the straight. She has done nothing wrong all through her career, and from barrier one, this stablemate to the favourite could be the danger.
1. La Mexicana was simply too good at Caulfield in an 84 race, beating Miss Albania and Absolute Flirt in what was a high rating event. Fitness is on her side and she looks one of the live chances.
2. Hindaam is a beautiful filly who will be looking for 1400m, but both wins at the end of last campaign were breath-taking, including a win over La Mexicana, so it would be no shock to see her right in this finish.
BRISBANE RACING: Eagle Farm Best Bets
Race 6 - 3.35pm Clanbrooke TS Carlyon Cup Tips
Keen on a two bet strategy in this race around 2. NONCONFORMIST and 8. Miss Siska.
Nonconformist is going to be the best horse to come out of this race with a Group One win not too far away in his career. He has so much class and his first-up run last time in was fantastic at Caulfield. I like him at a mile first-up where class could get him over the line against some of the summer horses and these dour middle distance types.
Miss Siska won this race last year when trained by Grahame Begg and is excellent fresh. She did not show up last campaign and was quickly spelled, so happy to forgive that and judge on prior first-up attempts. She has won two trials in Sydney and now looks back to her happy and honest self.
4. Over Exposure deserved the win at Flemington last start, although that was a much weaker race than this. He deserves his chance here though..
9. Vassilator was too good two starts back, defeating an unlucky Over Exposure before being a good thing beaten at Flemington in the Chester Manifold. He gets around Caulfield well and does have a track and distance placing in a Caulfield Guineas next to his name.
Race 7 - 4.15pm Lamaro's Sth Melbourne Geoffrey Bellmaine Stakes Tips
3. SIERRA SUE is a winner, which is all you can do. It was a great effort at Sale first-up last prep when she had to come from midfield, before finding herself last on the fence over 1400m at Flemington, before storming to the inside and saluting comfortably. She started single figures in a Golden Eagle, so we know she is a top quality Mare.
1. Probabeel is the best horse in the race and ratings suggest that as well, claiming the Epsom Handicap last prep before finishing just over four lengths away in a Cox Plate. 1200m is the issue and not sure she have the ping in her legs to go with them when the sprint goes on.
4. Bam's On Fire is a terrific fresh performer and a Group One placegetter. All of her form at Caulfield is spot on and she may have taken the necessary improvement to match it with the likes of Probabeel and Sierra Sue.
6. Snapdancer has had a very long prep and has done a lot of travelling which is a slight query. Overall her form has been very strong, running well on Magic Millions day and smashing subsequent winner Tailleur two back.
SA SELECTIONS: Morphettville Tips
Race 8 - 4.55pm Neds CF Orr Stakes Tips
Happy to play here with my first and third selections.
10 CROSSHAVEN kept doing what he had to do last prep, kicking off with a sixth in the McNeil before winning at Flemington and winning the Caulfield Guineas Prelude. After finishing fourth in the Guineas, he was the winner of the Carbine Club at Flemington so he has clear class. Three-year-olds have a great record in this race, so happy to stick with history and have the three-year-old on top.
2. Sir Dragonet was the 2020 Cox Plate winner so he is the best horse in this race. I could not touch him at the price seeing as he has never seen the trip and is best over 2000m, but he has trialled up immaculately and is expected to be hard to beat, with the only knock the price available.
6. Imaging is a great first-up horse who proved himself a Group One competitor in the spring. Two very unlucky kicked off the prep before a third to Kolding in the George Main. Is he a winner? We will find out on Saturday as he is in with a mighty chance.
9. Sovereign Award went from strength to strength last prep, ending up with a hat-trick of wins. This is another level for the Mare, but does deserve a crack with her forward racing pattern.
Race 9 - 5.35pm Schweppes Rubiton Stakes Tips
The top two are treated very well at the weight, so sticking with them as the ones to beat.
2. GREYWORM is a gun fresh, winning three of his five first-up attempts. He was outclassed first-up last prep behind Classique Legend in The Shorts, but is in his right race here with no stars to face. On form, he is the horse to beat as long as he gets around Caulfield.
1. Viridine did not handle Moonee Valley in the Australia Stakes behind Streets Of Avalon who is contesting the C.F. Orr. Now back to Caulfield where he is two from four along with a placing is a tick, as well as where he sits on the weight scale, with the highest rating in the race.
10. Sword Of Mercy is the one on an upwards trajectory and although poorly in at the weights, a second placing to straight track specialist Fabergino is a good reference.
8. Causeway Girl is a light weight horse who does not win. The worst treated horse at the weights, but always runs well when carrying less than 56kg.
MAGIC MILLIONS DAY: Pinjarra Preview