Caulfield hosts an eight race program on January 30 and our free betting tips and best bets are available.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for January 30
Race 1 - 12.55pm IVE > Print Handicap Tips
3. SENSATIONALISATION was game when running second at this track and trip last start to Bella Tiara, a filly who has since come out and run well again at Saturday level. With this being a small field and two of the main chances coming through this form line, I am happy to trust the Price/Kent yard that she is still kept up to the mark to run a strong 1400m.
4. Vespertine was third in the Sensationalisation race last start and has scope to improve. She has been very green all prep and is still learning the caper, so every start this filly has this prep is a tick going forward.
6. Shojiki was third behind Diamonds Inthe Sky a fortnight ago, with the runner franking the form with another win here on Australia Day.
1. Miss Divine Em is on the quick back-up from Tuesday where she was placed behind Diamonds Inthe Sky so again, we are seeing similar formlines throughout this event.
Race 2 - 1.30pm Quayclean Handicap Tips
6. Aussie Nugget does look the hardest to beat, but he simply does not win enough to tip on top, especially against opposition who have been beating him home.
I love 2. THINK 'N' FLY at the mile, putting together four great runs at the trip this prep. He was fantastic at Flemington two back when beaten by Long Arm, before running on very hard to miss by under a length to Heavenly Emperor at this track. At the price, happy to have something on him.
3. Kazio is starting to fit into the non-winner column, but he goes very well at this track, including a narrow placing behind subsequent Stakes winner Never Again two back. This is his first go at the mile for the prep which he has proven to run with four placings next to his name.
5. High 'n' Dry was way too strong at Flemington last start, but I am thinking the big open track is what suits him, so looks a little short in the market for mine.
Race 3 - 2.05pm Neds Toolbox Handicap Tips
The race looks between the top two in the market, but going to stick with 3. HASSELTOFF..just. He now gets away from his favourite track at Flemingto and comes to Caulfield which does worry me a little. With Jamie Kah in the saddle and given he should have beaten the second favourite in this race by further last start, does give me confidence that he holds a margin here, providing he handles the conditions.
8. Great House made his Australian debut last start over the mile and will only improve now stepping up a furlong in trip. He looked a nice horse overseas and looks to be going well for the Waller yard.
9. Paddy Mac was a certainty beat two back at Geelong before not quite running out 2040m at Moonee Valley last start. Expecting him to be competitive back to 1800m.
10. War Critic beat subsequent winner Yukon two back over 1500m before rising in grade and performing well behind King Magnus who has been running in town all prep. 1800m is the query but he is bred to run it out.
Race 4 - 2.40pm Lamaro's Hotel Sth Chairman's Stakes Tips
This is a sit back and watch Blue Diamond favourite 2. ENTHAAR do her thing as she tackles a small field first-up off the back of an impressive trial at Werribee. The daughter of Written Tycoon monstered a field of 13 at Randwick in the Gimcrack Stakes when three-wide the trip, looking as if she was already a three-year-old just from pure size. Being that big and strong five months ago, just imagine her now.
1. Ingratiating impressed on debut when beating General Beau who we saw come back and win the Blue Diamond Preview on Tuesday. He is the clear second pick and the only runner who can upset Enthaar if she is off the ball.
3. Son Of Mercury in for third purely because of the race experience where he ran fifth behind Sneaky Five who is handy.
4. Frostin' jumped out nicely behind Blue Diamond fancy Anamoe and is a top three chance.
Race 5 - 3.20pm Superior Food Services Manfred Stakes Tips
Generally, the best horse in the race fairs well here rather than the Summer horses, so sticking with the two big guns starting with 3. AYSAR who was the Caulfield Guineas runner-up and second place getter in the Carbine Club Stakes. He was enormous in the Guineas and looked all but home in the Carbine Club, before peaking late and grabbed by the leader on the line. Based on his three-year-old season, the son of Deep Field is the class runner here.
1. Tagaloa was the 2020 Blue Diamond winner as a two-year-old before running gamely in a McNeil first-up. Although he'll improve over more ground, the jump out leading into this was strong.
4. Dickin Medal is the summer three-year-old who is unbeaten. He was a tenacious winner here last start and will take the world of improvement from that Caulfield outing.
2. Portland Sky won the Red Anchor at the end of last prep before tacking the Vo Rogue Plate at Eagle Farm four weeks ago. There must have been an issue as he was too bad to be true after starting at single figures.
Race 6 - 4.00pm Mal Seccull Handicap Tips
9. GINGER JONES is a good roughie here. Yet to miss a placing from four fresh attempts, he just missed fresh last prep over a shorter trip, so the 1100m looks ideal fresh. With a Camperdown jumpout win next to his name, he will be right in this. A 2x3 play looks ideal for him at double figures/$3.50 the place.
1. Elderflower has been a bomb at his last two, with his high cruising speed, has dominated over 1000m and 955m last start. Was at this track and trip three back where he could not sustain the speed, so my worry is just the final 100m if he gets company on speed. Can't knock winning form though.
2. Hidden Legend comes into this fresh off a track and trip win here on Boxing Day. This is a similar line-up and he did beat two-time subsequent city winner Ididitforlove that day.
5. China Affair is on the back-up after drawing the wrong part of the track last start. He now draws wide and will settle back, but look for him late as he did at Flemington behind Sword of Mercy three runs back.
Race 7 - 4.40pm Here For The Horses Handicap Tips
1. LONG ARM was brilliant first-up over the mile before being fair, but a little flat second-up which we know happens to these stayers if they put in a big effort fresh. The import laid-in late in that event so he would have finished a little closer than the paper reads. Expecting him to bounce back now off a two-week break and enjoy the 2400m.
4. Yulong Captain is a gelding building to a win over this trip after placing third last start in the Long Arm race. He was very good from the tail and loves the 2400m that he gets today. The worry is getting a long way back once again at Caulfield.
8. Reflect the Stars has been freshened up since a big defeat in The Baggot Handicap, but that margin was due to Tralee Rose winning by eight. Is more effective over this trip but will need luck from the gate, especially if ridden back like he was two starts ago.
11. Coin Collector looked a winner at Moonee Valley last week but could not sustain his run as Starcaster kicked for home. This horse loves a slow pace where he can produce his turn of foot, so his chances are dictated to by Reflect The Stars as to how much pressure is put on to the likes of 3. Tarn's Prince.
Race 8 - 5.20pm Robert Hunter Handicap Tips
2. HASSTOBEGOOD was simply not good enough two runs back in this grade, but was arguably against more progressive opposition than what she faces here. The four-year-old was then back to the 1400m and down in grade where she blitzed a weak field at Flemington, but the win itself was very good. Goes on top purely because this is only a little stronger than that last outing and she sticks to the 1400m.
4. Maximak could be the one at each-way value that runs a nice race. This mare went up to the Sunshine Coast on a heavy deck last start and won very comfortably, so that is a confidence boosting win. She is unbeaten third-up and has only missed the placings at 1400m once from eight starts.
7. Need New Friends got the job done at Sandown last start when well backed to win. Her form does not read well at 1400m but she may not have been ready to tackle the trip at that stage of her career.
8. Brazen Song was heavily backed at Moonee Valley last start and got the job done very comfortably. She now comes back in trip and well up in grade.
Race 9 - 5.55pm John Moule Handicap Tips
3. DEFIBRILLATE has been awesome this prep, racing a with more ping in his legs over a shorter trip than he did last preparation. He was brilliant first-up before knocking off Paradee (win her next two) at Caulfield over 1700m and comfortably defeated Mosh Music (subsequent winner) along with Double You Tee (placed behind Mosh Music) at his last start over 2000m. Now back to 1800m, but this looks a little weaker if anything. Best of the day.
9. Heavenly Emperor was heavily backed two starts ago and got the job done at this track. He was then second to Over Exposure last start, who had been trekking towards a win, so the form is good.
6. Pancho does not run 2000m. He again had no turn-of-foot last start, so back to 1800m is ideal for him, although I do feel he is at his best over the mile.
1. Sound is the class runner of the race, finally knocking off Australian win number one last prep with a Zipping Classic victory. He came to hand quick last time in and over 1800m, can be around the money.