- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
Caulfield Betting Tips, Best Bets & Odds for January 2
- Caulfield hosts nine races on January 2
- Good Four is the current track rating
- Justin Darcy provides his race-by-race preview
Terbium will race as our best bet of the day (Getty)
Caulfield hosts a nine race program on January 2 and our free betting tips and best bets are available
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a race-by-race preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Tips for January 2
Race 1 - 12:55PM Carol Watson Handicap Tips
1. IMPECUNIOUS looks a star on the rise after a demolition job first-up, swooping from the back of the field to beat Winsum who looks a nice horse in the making. She looks a future Oaks Filly, so the 1400m second-up will be right up her alley. She is a star.
2. Sensationalisation was brilliant first-up but was a little flat second-up. Third-up, hopefully she can find her best form and challenge the favourite.
4. Bella Tiara was an eye-catcher last start at Flemington in the Sensationalisation race and will appreicate a third-up run at the 1400m.
5. Vespertine had the race in her keeping last start but greeness was her downfall. She can keep improving.
Race 2 - 1:30PM Vin Quirk Handicap Tips
An imposible race to sort out, so staying out betting wise, but as an on top selection, 1. CAMPESE was good last start here at Caulfield when launching home to just miss from the back of the field. He draws favourably in four and can find himself a pair or two closer.
8. Saffiano comes down from the Annabel Neasham yard after a second in a Newcastle Class One last start. He is the unknown.
16. Moeen was a drifting favourite last start and still ran well, fourth behind Part Time Lover. Third-up he is ready to fire.
6. Jimenez has won two of his last three starts, although both at Geelong. He can win if he brings that form to Caulfield.
Race 3 - 2:05PM Jodie Burgess Handicap Tips
Loved the win of 16. MILETUS at Sale last start when leading from start to finish. There is still lots of improvement in him, and going straight from a maiden win to a city race against the likes of the two favourites if a bold move from the stable. He has incredible scope.
6. Coin Collector was heavily backed last start and won accordingly, finding a spot on the pace and running away over the 2200m journey. He will be even more improved over the 2400m.
4. Laundy has been a model of consistency, last start breaking through for a win after a string of seconds. He will find a handy spot and be hard to beat again.
12. Lady In The Sky was a tough winner at Sandown last start and will take great benefit from that effort.
SYDNEY SELECTIONS: Randwick-Kensington Tips
Race 4 - 2:40PM Warren Moore Handicap Tips
10. THE GENERAL has a pretty hard record to fault, winning two of his four runs last prep and placing in the second two. 1200m is intresting as a first-up option, seeing as he has never seen beyond 1100m, and did not leave the 1000m jounrney last prep. Maybe he will relax more over the extra furlong and give him time to power home.
8. Evening Glory was first past the post at Moonee Valley last start and lost on protest. He has been trialling up well for that effort and can bounce back with a win for connections here.
9. Housay was good in the Bandersnatch race at Moonee Valley last start and will improve to a slightly bigger track.
4. Open Minded has been below average this prep, but at his best would be competitive in his line up.
Race 5 - 3:20PM Iris O’Farrell Handicap Tips
12. LANI BANG BANG was dominant first-up and rider Daniel Moor said post-race that this horse is city class. She has a powerful finish on her and Moor makes the trip into the city to take this mount. She is a horse on the rise and I am epxecting her to go through the grades this prep.
10. Miss Albania was dominant at the Valley last start when winning by over two lengths. She will lead this race and prove the one that our top selection needs to run down.
6. Foxy Lady was a good winner first-up at Moonee Valley last prep, so she has the first-up form on the board.
9. Knowles has been around the mark this prep and is verstaile, so if there is some speed, she can find a nice spot in behind them.
Race 6 - 4:00PM Erin Coldham Handicap Tips
3. HYDRO STAR had a big spruik going into him at his first start at Sandown, before flopping at this track as a drifting favourite. He looks to have come back a little stronger and looks ready to tackle the 1100m first-up from a spell.
6. Dickin Medal was smashed in the betting first-up and won, beating Rising Sphere who has since been a metropolitan winner.
8. Zion was probably a good thing licked down the straight last start, but was just beaten, closing from the back of the field after switching well over the heels of the runners in front.
13. Real Feeling went down to a smart one last start at Moonee Valley after smashing the older horses prior to that run.
Race 7 - 4:40PM Travis Stillman Handicap Tips
8. KING MAGNUS was game in defeat last start at Flemington, after working early to find himself on the speed. This time he has drawn barrier one and can kick up and lead this field with ease. He is in form and with the flying Griffths and de Kock stable.
10. Regardsmaree was too good at Bendigo last start after some heavy support, and has not missed the top two second-up, so expecting another big performance.
7. Grinzinger Allee has been a hard horse to catch, always somewhere in the market but just struggles to get the job done. Expect him to be around the mark once again.
2. Seberate beat King Magnus last start, but will not get a dream run as he did last time.
Race 8 - 5:20PM Mia Tiernan Handicap Tips
1. TERBIUM finally found his three-year-old form again with big victory at Morphettville and is now ready to take on Melbourne opposition. HIs best from is proper stakes class so if he can improve again off of that win, goodluck to everything in this field.
9. Sword Of Mercy was never in doubt down the straigt first-up and will again prove hard to beat with the right run in transit.
11. Pariano was okay fresh, and can win second-up.
4. Marcel From Madrid was a winner fresh last time in and is a big chance if he can reproduce that form.
Race 9 - 5:55PM Virginia Meyer Handicap Tips
8. THINK 'N' FLY is a great miler and bounced right back to form with a game second to a smart horse from the Gelagotis stable last time. He now gets to Caulfield which should be no hassle, and if they are making ground, he will be incredibly hard to beat.
14. Aussie Nugget has been very good this prep and although has been one to let punters down, he is looking as if he is ready to win.
13. Walking Flying is a good horse on it's day, but has not had the best of luck this prep. With more luck he can feature.
9. Kaplumpich was average last start but back to Caulfield, he can run well.
PERTH CUP DAY: Ascot Tips
What time is the first race at Caulfield?
The first race at Caulfield jumps at 12.55pm.
What is the best bet at Caulfield?
We are with Terbium as the best bet at Caulfield.
How can I live stream the Caulfield races?
Check out our live streaming hub to see how you can live stream the Caulfield races.
Terbium looks hard to beat based off of a dominant win at Morphettville.
Impecunious looks a star on the rise and can win the opener.
Lani Bang Bang is blessed with an awesome turn of foot and looks over the odds.
Best Bet: Terbium To Win @200.00 at BetMGM - 10 Units
Next Best Bet: Impecunious To Win @160.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 10 Units
Value Bet: Lani Bang Bang Each-Way @600.00 at Borgata Sports - 4 Units