Caulfield hosts an nine race program on December 26, their annual Boxing Day meetings, and our free betting tips and best bets are available
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, and a preview of Saturday's racing is below.
Caulfield Betting Tips for December 26
Race 1 - 12.45pm Caulfield - Home Of Outdoor Events Handicap Tips
1. RANVEER went around favourite at Flemington last start, when going under by three lengths to Profiteer who has some big booms on him going into the race. He now is the second favourite for the Blue Diamond so that form is clearly some of the best 2YO from we have seen this season. He had trialled up impressively leading up to that race, so without a Profiteer here, he can get the job done.
I was taken by the jumpout of 12. Picarones, who was untouched, in a Flemington jumpout, comfortably beating 4. Just Strolling. Although we are not sure of what type of form was in that heat, this Filly looks to be going places.
3. Artorius is another jumpout star who looked good at Mornington. He showed early gate speed and may find a spot on the pace from that wide barrier.
2. Rusheen is the only winner in the race, and although beating Citizen who looks a nice horse in the making, this race does look a step up in grade.
Race 2 - 1.20pm Happy 50th Birthday Claudio Aranibar Handicap Tips
10. AMINATU was very good when running into second place at Mornington last week behind Zesty Belle who has trialled up like a bomb. This horse was always going to be suited up in trip, so now to the 1100m and a longer straight to work home in, she could now take that next step needed to win.
6. Zoushine was a dominant winner in Adelaide last start after facing much tougher horses, beaten just over length by the unbeaten Written Miss three back and beaten just over three lengths by Written Beauty. That is strong form.
1. Esta La Roca was too quick first-up over 955m when beating Goolagong Rose, before winning a 64 at Moonee Valley over 1000m by over two lengths. Hard to beat again if she finds the front.
4. Lariat has won two on end this prep, winning well at Moonee Valley again, and just needs to continue to improve to once again prove competitive.
Race 3 - 1.55pm Ken Sturt Handicap Tips
This race looks as if there could be four main chances, so not confident in the winner between my top three but going with 7. SAFEEYA who was utterly dominant when winning at Cranbourne last start. She began to loop the field from 800m out and came away to win with her head on her chest. Caulfield looks as if it will suit her and she has the scope to now go on with that win.
3. Aytron is the stable mate of our top selection, also proving a dominant maiden winner last start. He showed plenty of speed on debut, so he just needs to find a spot from that wide gate and he will be hard to run down.
8. Siren Rock is the third of the impressive maiden winners, a late drifter at Warrnambool but still managed to come away with a four length win.
2. Beltoro still looks untapped after winning at Flemington last start, but with the big booming finish, he may be better suited to those flatter tracks rather than against these nippier types at Caulfield.
Race 4 - 2.30pm Frank O'Brien Handicap Tips
7. WICKLOW TOWN has been showing a lot of promise over his career, but has just struggled to reach that city level. After a win three back Kilmore, he has since placed sixth in the Gold Bullion at Pakenham behind The Astrologist and again solid last week at Flemington. The one-week back-up could favour his chances, as will getting to Caulfield where he has placed second twice from two goes.
2. Never Again ran well at Pakenham last start behind Sirius Suspect who is a proper genuine horse with The Astrologist form lines. His Caulfield form does not read great, but he is a proven second-up performer and will appreciate the rise in trip.
3. Kazio was second to Titan Blinders two back when beating home subsequent winner I Am Vinnie. That race proved to favour those on the speed which is exactly where he was, but he put in another good effort at Flemington two weeks ago.
11. Promotions did enough two back at Rosehill when well in the market, but was no match for I Am Vinnie at Randwick a fortnight ago. He can run well here is he turns up in the same form.
Race 5 - 3.10pm Allan Wicks Handicap Tips
5. DON'TTELLTHEBOSS won as she should have at Moonee Valley last start and will only improve from that second-up here. The inside gate is the only issue, as she may find herself well back on the fence, but on class and promise, she is the best horse in the race. A third at this track to Loving Gaby and California Zimbol is classes above this race.
3. Belzella was very good a fortnight ago at Flemington when finishing second down the straight to Memphis Rock. Not sure how the form will stack up, but we know she is now a mare in-from.
10. Need New Friends is the other lightly raced horse who shows a lot of promise. She was a good winner two back at Geelong which was in the middle of July. She was then first-up at Kyneton where she was solid running second. There is plenty of scope to improve and she could well do that.
9. Miss Starway was too good at Moe too back, and defied her $91 odds last start at Flemington, when running a game sixth down the straight, coming from near enough to last. She is flying under the radar.
Race 6 - 3.50pm Joe Brown Handicap Tips
14. THAT GIRL is beginning to get the non-winner tag next to her name, but has the right form for this race. She was second to Defiant Dancer first-up at Pakenham, who subsequently dominated last week down the Flemington straight. She will get back from the inside gate and looks to have the last crack at the front runner. If she can't win this, it makes it hard to ever have her on top again.
2. Sagarra flies first-up, and has jumped out well in preparation for this run. He was accepted for last week but scratched and saved for this race. He has form at Caulfield and he loves the 1100m. Lachie King takes the ride, bringing his weight down to 60kg.
7. Flostar pulled up with a heart irregulation first-up last time, before coming out and leading all the way at Bendigo at her subsequent start. She managed to string two wins together before just going down at Morphettville.
4. Ididitforlove was well backed first-up at Sandown, coming home for a tough win. The gate makes it hard in this race, but the win was strong first-up.
Race 7 - 4.30pm Neds Christmas Stakes Tips
7. KING OF HASTINGS has jumped out five times since September, but it looks as if he may have had a set-back in preparation for a Spring run. If not, then I am unsure of why he has had so many jumpouts but he will be a very fit horse and ready for the 1200m first-up. He is all class on his day, and does love the Caulfield circuit. If he is sound, he will be mighty hard to beat.
2. Sansom has improved out of site at each and every campaign he has had, stringing together two wins over the spring, including a win in the Chatham Stakes in Cup week. He is clearly the main danger to the top selection.
6. Tavisan just keeps turning up every prep and looks ready to peak third-up from a spell. He was third in the Doveton first-up and placed second-up to Sirius Suspect, which is when he can often put in a flat one. Third-up his form is terrific and he can win this without surprising.
9. Pandemic tried all the way to the line last start at Rosehill, getting the head down at the right time to win. This is a step up in grade andd he looks too short in the market.
Race 8 - 5.10pm Neds Lord Stakes Tips
8. PARADEE is an underrated mare, placing second in the Matriarch Stakes at her latest outing. She was nodded off by Affair To Remember who subsequently placed in the Ballarat Cup. The step-back to 1700m is ideal seeing as she comes off a little let-up, but she will still hold plenty of residual fitness, and can find a spot near the front from gate 10.
7. Tavidance is the hardest to beat off the back of an easy Pakenham win, where he never looked like losing. He was backed off the map (as he often is), and if the punters are with him again, it could well be race over.
1. Night's Watch was fantastic behind Tavidance last start when running second. He will take a lot of fitness from that first-up effort, but there is a chance he can put in a flat one second-up.
9. Defibrillate was a flashing light run in the Tavidance race last start, known for running over a staying trip, he was fantastic over the final furlong and can improve again.
Race 9 - 5.50pm Dennis Hanrahan Handicap Tips
5. ZACHAZ is hard to go past based off of his Pakenham win over this trip. He comfortably beat Milestone and Nerve Not Verve, with a potent turn of foot that can put this field away. He is a very promising stayer in the making, and when these Maher & Eustace horses get on a run, they can often carry on their winning ways throughout a prep.
4. Astraeus is the one that is likely to kick clear at the top of the straight and prove the horse that they need to run down. He was too tough last start at Caulfield when beating Playoffs, and will take benefit from the 2000m run and staying at the distance again.
8. Influential Girl is in a strong vein of form, only beaten by Tralee Rose two starts back and always looking the winner at Moonee Valley last start. The Tralee Rose form is probably the strongest in this race, but from the wide gate, she is forced to go back in the field and make a sweeping run.
11. Hard 'n' Tough is exactly that, a hard and tough on pacer who again will look to make the running from the inside gate. This is a step-up in class, but he is in the race from the get-go with his tactical speed.