Get free Ascot tips, race previews and betting selections for all key race meetings from Ascot in Perth.
Race 1 - 12:05PM Tourism WA Trophy Tips (1000m)
1. THE FRONT BAR is back against the three-year-old's and aiming for a winning hat-trick after nailing Acromantula, a sprinter that rolled a handy Iseered Iseered last prep. Is well suited camping off the fast run dashes at Ascot and launching late. Well placed to win again.
8. Sockoff bolted in with a maiden before a spell and she resumes here off two big trial wins. Fresh horse on the scene here and will make her own luck.
2. He's Gold
hasn't been disgraced in three listed affairs, working wide throughout last week and gate one here is a big plus. He's the pick of the blowouts ($15.00 @ bet365
7. Sniparoochy hasn't progressed after showing promise as an early two-year-old and the blinkers are now applied. Back to 1000m may suit for now.
Race 2 - 12:45PM Mrs Mac's Handicap Tips (1600m)
2. COCKNEY CREW can be hard to catch, but brings the best form, boxing on behind Kissonallforcheeks and beat a handy Kaptain Kaos, who'd be Winx odds here. Has won second-up, is a proven weight carrier and will settle in the first two. On paper, this looks suitable.
1. Divine Shadow
won the Pinjarra Cup, but is versatile, with an okay record at 1400m-1600m. Trialled up only fairly, but the blinkers weren't on. Might be the value ($11.00 @ Sportsbet
3. That's Funny Az is freshened-up off a Northam Cup flop and is well in at this grade with 56kg after the claim. He'll share the lead with Cockney Crew.
4. Utgard Loki draws for a lovely trail under Pike and is a chance off prior form, but has been poor in two runs this spring. Can improve third-up, though.
Race 3 - 1:25PM Drummond Golf Handicap Tips (1200m)
6. TRIPLE MISSILE was second fav for a Winterbottom a few weeks ago, before somewhat of a poor effort behind Wilchino, although was set a task. Wins that and he's $4-$5 in that Group 1 (nearly $3 here), so forgiving one sub-par run and he plummets in the weights now.
9. Secret Plan produced the run of that Wilchino race (outside of the winner). Getting short enough at $2 now though (Triple Missile easily won their prior clash).
4. Resortman is the fresh horse on the scene, a gelding that's won 4/5 at 1200m and 4/5 of his career wins have come either first or second-up. Certainly respecting.
5. All Day Session had some excuses in the Colonel Reeves and this is a much more suitable assignment. He'll need luck again, having drawn gate two.
Race 4 - 2:05PM Tabtouch Westspeed Platinum Series Final (1400m)
1. HOLY ENCHANTMENT is the each-way play. He drifted fresh. but still got home and suspect this 100k final is a target. Should've won second-up last prep, while he placed behind Western Empire and Gemma's Son either side of that. Surely that's good enough for this?
2. Nowhiteflag is a classy full-brother to Fabergino. Won under a hold fresh before missing the start second-up and has been plain both times he hasn't led.
4. Standout Rose wants 1400m after working home in little room on November 17. Lacks some of the class of the above two, but maps well.
5. Beat The Bro doesn't win out of turn, although he's rarely far away and was fav behind Apple Schnapps second-up. In the top three mix.
Race 5 - 2:45PM Crown Towers Handicap Tips (1400m)
2. THE FUGAZI ran into Graceful Girl fresh, then couldn't reel in a Peters pair, but caught the eye. Was then looking for 1400m, but stayed at 1200m, settling in the next postcode third-up. Draws better and finds a very suitable race now. Good each-way chance here.
3. God Has Spoken is much better suited back to the 1400m after an unlucky effort last week. Progressive type, but they haven't missed him at $1.80.
1. Son Son is a very honest on-pacer and has hardly put a foot wrong to date. Unbeaten first-up, which includes a big Ascot win with 60.5kg in April.
8. Tri For Us progressed quickly in her first prep, which culminated with two listed placings and she has won a lead-up trial. Watch the betting.
Race 6 - 3:25PM Tabtouch Regional Championship Final Tips (1200m)
10. SIGNIFICANT HERO rattled home to score fresh and although couldn't repeat the dose second-up, has again hit the line. He can be a little tardy out, which is the knock, but has settled closer the past and a middle draw is perfect. Very open race, but he's going well.
8. Warm And Fuzzy draws out, although he'll push forward and potentially take up the running. In what could be a messy affair, he'll be out of trouble.
7. Scandolo has the Peter Fernie/William Pike combo, who have teamed up for 16 winners this season at an excellent strike rate of 39%. Big watch.
11. Dynamite Bay
peaked on his run fresh, albeit wasn't far away in slick time and maps for a lovely midfield trail. Has some claims at huge odds ($34.00 @ betstar
Race 7 - 4:05PM Japan Racing Association Trophy (2100m)
4. MIDNIGHT BLUE looks on another Perth Cup campaign and he built off a nice return effort to take out the Ascot Gold Cup. Versus a very similar line-up here, it's hard to make a case for anything turning the tables and he was only second-up there. What's beating him?
1. Dig Deep was a query at the Railway trip and was well beaten, so this looks suspect, but at least he brings a different form line. He has class.
10. Stafford's Lad was 100/1 in that Ascot Gold Cup, yet produced the run of the race outside of the winner and has been consistent all year.
6. Media Baron is capable, but can mix his form. From an awful position, his Ascot Gold Cup run had merit. Needs to use the draw though.
Race 8 - 4:45PM Crown Perth-Winterbottom Stakes Tips (1200m)
2. ELITE STREET completed the hat-trick despite spotting weight to every rival in the Colonel Reeves and is now better suited at WFA. Arguably going better than last year and perfectly drawn in 10, the fav is going to take a power of beating in the feature.
3. Red Can Man just peaked late on his effort fresh, but is expected to improve second-up. Can give this a shake with a pinch of luck early.
8. Cup Night
fly's fresh and is progessing perfectly via the three lead-up trials. Likely spots them a start, but could motor late at a big price ($29.00 @ bet365
11. Iseered Iseered
has upside and was held-up in the Colonel Reeves, where he was effectively first-up. Is another at long odds ($34.00 @ Ladbrokes
Race 9 - 5:20PM Heineken 3 Handicap Tips (1400m)
1. LORENTINIO should give a sight on the speed, although this is a tough race to finish. Beaten by Comfort Me at his last two (Railway runner-up), while the last event produced Proconsent (bolted in last week) and Bad Wolf (stakes placed next start). That's the right form.
will have Pike in the last followers and the price is okay considering ($6.60 @ BoomBet
). All of his wins have come first-up and he did improve last prep.
2. Apple Schnapps once looked midweek class, but exploded in his first run for the in-form Gangemi yard, which was hist first 1400m attempt.
6. Beret got a much-deserved victory last start, having finished runner-up in seven of her prior nine outings. There's a bit more depth here though.
Lorentinio - $6.50Ascot Race Ninebet now
18+ only. T&Cs apply. Stay in Control. Gamble Responsibly. Think! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au.