Get free Pakenham tips, race previews and betting selections for all key meetings from Pakenham Races in Victoria.
best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, with free betting tips available right here.
Pakenham Tips December 5
Race 1 - 12.50pm John Duff & Co 3Yo Bm70 Handicap Tips
3. NANTUCKET found a way to win first-up at the short quote off the back of three second placings in strong races in town. Not sure how strong the form is out of that first-up win, but the main thing is that he got the job done and can now go on with it with another win here.
6. Written Miss is from the in-form Caroline Jennings stable. She was a strong winner six weeks ago and looks the intriguing runner of the race off a six-week let-up.
8. Veranskova is a first starter but was a soft jumpout winner at Cranbourne, while 1. Miss Divine Em is a winner of three of her four starts and has a victory over 5. Esta La Roca.
Race 2 - 1.25pm Fulmen Park Bm78 Handicap Tips
Very confident in the chances of 8. METEORITE after Grandview Avenue bolted in the Listed Carlyon Stakes last Saturday, the horse who defeated him at odds of $1.50 last start. He has always shown immense ability and with the addition of Jamie Kah in the saddle, this gives that big final tick of approval.
5. Pariano is unbeaten from three first-up attempts and has drawn to try and make it four. She will jump and set the pace alongside our top selection.
2. Human Nature is slowly becoming a non-winner, but drops right back in grade after racing in consecutive stakes races.
4. Final Man is a very good horse on his day, but we have not seen his best form since early May. Last start was an improved performance down the Flemington straight which may suggest he's back on track.
Race 3 - 2.00pm Iron Jack Australian Lagers BM78 Handicap Tips
Love the way that 17. NEW CHOICE is going through the grades after breaking the duck three starts back. Whilst those three wins in succession have not been by big spaces, he looks ready to take on the 2000m up in grade once again. The form around Chief Altony and Abiding reads quite well for this event.
10. Zachaz was an easy winner at Donald last start with a big weight and looks to have come back well. Big step up here from a Benchmark 64 but he does look quite progressive.
4. Humble Pie led at his own tempo at Moonee Valley last start and won accordingly. He is hard fit which is what sees him as favourite for the race.
9. Starcaster has the visitors draw, but is not going poorly this prep. This looks a much weaker 78 race than what he faced last start against Skiddaw and Kaplumpich who would both be well in contention here.
Race 4 - 2.35pm Superior Food Services BM70 Handicap Tips
An impossible race with so many chances, but going with 8. CAPODANNO on top who has completed two Australian runs now. He was brave first-up when gong to the line nicely over 1300m before performing okay as favourite at Mornington at his next start. Fitter now and up to the mile, he does get race conditions to suit.
6. Astraeus was a dominant winner at Moonee Valley last start and gets in well after the two kilo claim from Lachie King.
4. Wham draws an outside gate but will likely push forward with Cam Rawiller in the saddle.
3. Starrouz was below his best last time but finds an easier race here and does run well for apprentice Liam Riordan.
Race 5 - 3.15pm Schweppes David Bourke Memorial Handicap Tips
8. TAVIDANCE was backed as if unbeatable in the Kilmore Cup and should have won with a clearer passage. There has already been market support for this horse, which often has told his tale to his fortunes. Hopefully we see another market push and a big performance with some good form around him.
1. Night's Watch is by far the best horse in the race, winning the Sellwood last time in work in Sydney and being a very unlucky runner in the Doncaster. He has been a non-winner for punters, but the stable change to Archie Alexander could help him find his best once again.
2. All Too Huiying has been a model of consistency this campaign, taking out the Seymour and Sale Cups before running fourth in the Eclipse behind So Si Bon.
3. Gold Fields has similar form to All Too Huiying, but is just not travelling as well as him at this stage of his preparation.
Race 6 - 3.55pm Hanson Handicap Tips
5. SIRIUS SUSPECT looks one of two likely leaders in the race, and after such a positive run behind Exhilirates and The Astrologist first-up, his form reads superior in this contest. His second-up stats are fantastic, winning twice and yet to miss the top three from four goes. Has strong claims as the best bet on the card.
14. I'm Telling Ya was great first-up down the straight as he always is. Has won second-up but will have to come from a long way back and give our best bet a big head start.
1. William Thomas was a big flop at Flemington over the carnival, but this is the type of race that he bobs up in when everyone jumps off.
2. Tavisan performed positively first-up as usual, but can put a flat one second-up.
SYDNEY RACING: Rosehill Race-By-Race Preview
Race 7 - 4.35pm Sportsbet Pakenham Cup Tips
4. ATTORNEY is still going through the grades, and after running so well in the Zipping Classic last start, he must go on top, especially with a 2.5kg weight swing on the top weight. He has the miles in the legs and will run the trip out strongly.
1. Brimham Rocks was runner-up in that Zipping Classic but does give Attorney 2.5kg. His best form would probably win the race, but he is one who struggles to find the post.
2. Princess Jennis was a strong winner of the Bendigo Cup but has now been five weeks between runs which is the concern going up to 2500m.
5. Creedence beat Sound first-up this prep at Moonee Valley, before tackling the likes of Persan, Steel Prince and True Self. We know he gets the trip.
Race 8 - 5.15pm TAC VOBIS Gold Bullion Tips
2. AMADEUS won this race in 2017 and 2018 before a second in the 2019 edition. His record at Pakenham reads four starts for three wins and a second, so he is in this up to his ears. The eight-year-old had a big weight first-up in 84 grade and was clearly in need of the run, so this could be the race that the stable is once again having him ready to peak for. Over the odds.
5. The Astrologist is the one to beat off recent form, running second to Exhilirates and second to Sisstar at Ballarat last start. Perhaps he's the safest option but has been beaten as favourite at his last two and is untried at 1400m.
3. Galaxy Raider was terrific at Moonee Valley three back, before two subsequent flat runs. Back to a fast run seven furlongs could be the key.
1. Iconoclasm is at his best at Flemington and Moonee Valley, but beat Galaxy Raider and So Si Bon two back so he cannot be discounted.
Race 9 - 5.50pm Cliffo's Nose Operation F&M BM78 Handicap Tips
10. HASSTOBEGOOD was very good two back at Cranbourne when second to Cordilla, but was caught wide and given no hope in the Summoned Stakes last start at Sandown. He still ran okay and will be at his peak now. If Jordy Childs can find him some cover early, he is going to be hard to hold out.
Giving 3. Florent one more go after a disappointing effort first-up. She had been running well all throughout the Winter including a big effort in Queensland at Stakes level. The ear muffs come off which was a gear application last time out.
5. Kurumae is a first-up winner and goes well for Dean Yendall. He is a big price for a good horse.
15. Stay Gold is in great form this time in, being a dominant winner over this track and trip last start. He is on an upwards trajectory.
QLD PREVIEW: Doomben Best Bets
SA SELECTIONS: Morphettville Tips