Race 1 - 12.30pm Coulter Roache BM70 Handicap Tips
Selections - 2,7,9,4
2. EXCELMAN was well overdue for a win and did the punters proud on Cranbourne Cup day when leading all the way over 2025. He now steps up to 2400m which has to be a question mark, but on form he does look to be the best horse in the race which should take him a long way, especially if we get onto a good surface for race day.
7. VIVIDREDSKY ran second in the Murtoa Cup over 2000m first-up, and will appreiacte the rise in trip in this race as he heads down a country cups path this prep. He did some work with Melbourne Cup runner Surprise Baby and although not as good as the latter, still had a nice hitout.
9. REFLECT THE STARS will improve after a good hitout first-up while 4. ETNA is in career best form.
Race 2 - 1.00pm Jack Rabbit BM70 Handicap Tips
Selections - 3,10,9,8
3. SCOTTISH DANCER looked off the bit and chasing on Cranbourne Cup Day, but managed to storm home down the middle of the track to win on the good three surface. He steps up in trip to 1700m which looks to pose no worries, while the wide gate should not worry connections as he naturally gets back anyway.
10. FRANKIE PINOT beat home Fender Bender last start at this track who then measured up okay in town on Caulfield Cup Day.
9. CONFUSION loves the Geelong circuit and loves a good track and 8. INFLUENTIAL JACK would prefer to see a soft deck, but is racing in good form.
Race 3 - 1.35pm Geelong Australia BM64 Handicap Tips
Selections - 5,6,1,10
5. FUNDRAISER has had two jumpouts in preparation for this race, the latest especially was ultra impressive. He won first-up last prep, albeit in a weaker race, he still has the form on the board and a piece of work to back it up.
6. LOVE BROKER impressed at Moe last start, although that was in maiden grade, he was simply better than those horses and looks up to this level.
1. THE ASTROLOGIST has to lug the big weight of 62.5kg but brings proper city form into the race.
10. WITCHFULTHINKING is the next best after a consistent campaign last time in.
Race 4 - 2.10pm Dual Choice Plate Tips
Selections - 6,8,10,1
6. MUSIC ADDITION was too strong three back on the synthetic track at Pakenham where he beat quite a handy field, before running second to subsquent winner Ancestery and making his way up to Syndey for a fourth placing. He is well over the odds at double figures with some strong form lines around him.
8. OVERKILL has won his last three, all over 1200m and comes into the race first-up. The wide gate is the concern.
10. OCULAR is the favourite after a great win last start at Bendigo, beating in-form gelding The Gauch.
1. BUMPER BLAST would be the heavy favourite at his best, but his last two have major question marks over them.
Race 5 - 2.45pm Hamilton Group Melbourne Cup Carnival Country Series B78 Handicap
Selections - 1,6,10,11
1. SIMPLY INVINCIBLE did not have much luck kast time out in a strong race at Caulfield, where he was backed in from double figures to a $4.60 favourite. He draws wide, but hat could be a positive, giving him some more galloping room. His Windstorm and Buffalo River form reads well.
6. APPROACH DISCREET had a big boom on him as a 3YO, but he seems to have found his form as a 4/5YO. His first-up run last time in was very good at Cranbourne when coming from last.
10. GHODELINE worked too hard last start on the pace in the Sarcacen Knight race, where the form has not stood up that well. The Shandy form previous does look good.
11. KATSUMA was good in a weak race last start but can show up here on a good surface.
Race 6 - 3.20pm Roderick Insurance Brokers Geelong Classic Tips
Selections - 3,1,2,4
3. AZALY has been progressing well this prep, building up to his maiden win in open company at Donald last start. That was over 2000m and he looked as if he wanted it even further. Double figure hopes often get up in this race, so happy to stick with the last start maiden winner on top who is on an upwards trajectory.
1. ALCYONE has the runs on the board but has been average in his two runs back this prep. His first-up run in the Stutt held some merit but maybe he is now looking for this trip?
2. CONFRONTATIONAL was left flat footed at his second run over the mile at Caulfield last start behind Embolism who will go close in a Stakes race on Saturday. Up in trip is a massive tick, as is having four runs under the belt.
4. ROUSSEAU was short last start and got too far back in the run. The 2200m looks a big plus.
Race 7 - 4.00pm Bet365 Geelong Cup Tips
Selections - 5,2,1,7
5. SKYWARD boasts the best 2400m form in the world, finishing fourth to subsequent Caulfield Cup runner-up and Epsom Derby winner Anthony Van Dyck, while the best stayer in the world, Stadivarius was in second spot. He loves good ground, but our soft tracks up to a six are still good enough for this beast to be winning. This could be your Melbourne Cup favourite come Wednesday night.
2. ASHRUN has been consistent in Europe, placing second twice over 3000m, but did win the Prix de Reux in August last year which has seen seen seven previous winners compete in Australia including Amercain and Finche.
1. SAN HUBERTO just missed a start in the Caufield Cup, but will need a firm track to turn the tables on Ashrun who beat him ever so easily last start.
7. STEEL PRINCE was super in the Bart Cummings last start and at his best can be competitve.
Race 8 - 4.40pm Bennett Racing Black Pearl Stakes Tips
Selections - 7,1,15,12
7. GOLDIFOX only got clear running late in a BM78 behind Groundswell and the in-form Night Guy and argubaly should have finished a lot closer with a clear passage. She won a handy fillies and mares race at Bendigo two back over 1300m, but in a fast run 1200m which this looks set up to be, she can be the one who is fit and powering over top with Jamie Kah in the saddle.
1. XILONG is the best horse in this race by a long way, but she worked hard first-up which saw her come undone, and that could be the same case here. She won second-up last time when beating Garner.
15. MARIAMIA showed how good she can be off a fast tempo. Although in an inferiror race, the conditions suit here.
12. TOO GOOD TOO HARD finished off okay last start and will be better improved second-up where she holds a good record.
The chances do not end here.
Race 9 - 5.20pm No Fuss Event Hire BM64 Handicap Tips
Selections - 11,3,6,5
11. NOVEMBER DREAMING has always had something about her that has made punters dive into her, and it could be the same case again in this race. Craig Williams jumps off key rival 6. KUZCO LAD for the ride, and without a jumpout, she must be ready to go first-up over 1400m.
The latter horse mentioned has won two on the bounce from the front, and from gate five, expect the same tactics again from a tough Waterhourse/Bott horse.
3. ADVERSARY is a much better horse on good ground, and comes out of a race where the winner has subsequently won again. 1400m is ideal.
5. JUST JAKE is consistent and will attempt to go with Kuzco Lad early which could leave them both undone if he does.