Get free Caulfield tips and betting selections for all key race meetings from Caulfield in Melbourne.
The feature races of the year on this circuit are run over the Caulfield Cup carnival, which is run during the Melbourne Spring Carnival
in October whilst big group one programs are also held in the late summer and early autumn periods.
Our Caulfield best bets are provided by expert form analysts and tipsters, with free betting tips available right here.
READ: Top 5 & 10 Finishing Order Markets for the 2020 Caulfield Cup
Caulfield Tips October 17
Race 1 - 12.15pm ZircoDATA Handicap Tips
Selections - 3,4,2,13
3. POWER SCHEME had been trialling very well leading up his excellent fresh run that had many saying that he has come back in tip top fashion. This race is not overly strong with the likes of 2. SKIDDAW and 4. SUKOOT often struggling to win, whereas his best form wins this race.
Sukoot has been a model of consistency this prep and although looking a much better horse on wet ground, his last start third behind Affair To Remember on good ground was a very good run.
Skiddaw was average last start but does hold a win third-up into his prep while 13. JUST LIKE MUM always runs a nice race and is the one at odds for the exotics.
Race 2 - 12.50pm QMS Media Plate Tips
Selections - 2,3,8,1
A very even race with 2. RAINBIEL looking the form filly heading into the event. She has won both races this time in, winning last start very softly over 1215m as an odds on favourite. She meets a similar line up to that field and does pick herself based off of that last win.
3. YOSEMITE was accepted to run in the Thousand Guineas last week, but scratched for this assignment, bringing in stronger form lines, although running moderately in those races. She was four lengths off September Run and Swats That first-up which is Group One class, while she was five lengths from Personal and Instant Celebrity in the Guineas prelude, the two place getters subsequently in last week Group One.
8. SCREAM DREAM finished second in the Rainbiel race last start and will appreicate the 1400m while 1. YES BABY YES has not been at her best in her last three starts, but can show up in a weaker race.
Race 3 - Polytrack Gothic Stakes Tips
Selections - 4,2,6,3
Horses at value have a great record in this race with five of the last six winners being $7 or over.
4. JUST A TRIBUTE improved up to the 1400m last start at Flemington behind Poland and Grandslam, the latter placed in last week's Caulfield Guineas and is on track for a Cox Plate start. He has shown some tactical speed in the past but is better ridden cold, so three back the fence looks the map for this horse, hoping for some luck. Mark Zahra takes the ride looking a horse that should be more respected in the race.
2. OSAMU bring the Sydney form down with two runs behind Wild Ruler, including last week, so how much has that and the travel taken out of the horse?
6. ENDANGER was good at the Valley last start and will appreicate the 1400m while 3. ITZHOT was a little unlcuky in that same race and can run boldly at odds.
Race 4 - 2.00pm Neds Classic Tips
Selections - 10,2,8,5
10. LET'S KARAKA DEEL did not see any light in the Derby trial on September 23, argubaly unlucky not to have won the race. He has looked a horse who will appreicate a longer journey since his first start at Bendigo, before winning comfortably at Swan Hill at his next start. The 2000m will be right up his alley and being trained at the track, he will know the surroundings. At least from gate 11, he will not be caught up in the run and punters will have a run for their money.
2. ALBARADO returned to some better form a fortnight ago in the Super Impose when running third. He will relish the 2000m journey but just needs to get around Caulfield.
8. REDWOOD SHADOW was the impressive maiden winner at Ballarat last start, and although chucked in the deep end at Stakes level here, he looked every bit of a Derby horse, but may just want the track a little wetter.
5. CETSHWAYO was the Derby Trial winner but will be better suited back at Flemington with his big stride.
Race 5 - 2.35pm Lexus Ethereal Stakes Tips
Selections - 6,3,2,4
6. PENSATO, Pierro's little sister was the Oaks trial winner last month and from breeding, she will enjoy the 2000m journey. She controlled things last start from the front and kicked away proving too strong. With little pace in the race once again and from gate one, she could well get things her own way again and repeat last starts efforts. Pike is in the saddle and will be on cloud nine after last weekend's riding efforts.
3. STARELLE was strong to line last start in the Manifold, although that form did not measure up in the Thousand Guineas.
2. CHICA FUERTE and 4. SUCCEED INDEED are the next best with the rise in trip.
Race 6 - 3.10pm Carlton Draught Alinghi Stakes Tips
Selections - 2,3,6,1
2. CALIFORNIA ZIMBOL is bomb proof second-up, boasting a win over Dawn Passage last prep and a win over Loving Gaby last spring. She was solid first-up behind Villami who beat her home first-up last prep, but she will be much fitter off of that run. Having won at the track before is of benefit to her chances and the booking of Mark Zahra gives you confidence.
3. FITUESSE has done nothing wrong winning six of her nine starts, including winning first-up when beating Hilo and Masked Crusader. Hilo has since run a positve race, but this is arguably her toughest test to date.
6. PROPHET'S THUMB has trialled since that third in the Wylie first-up and looks to be in good form finishing second. She has won second-up has not missed a place around this circuit.
1. HUMMA HUMMA has not returned as good as we know she is, but rises 2kg in weight since her win in this race last year.
Race 7 - 3.45pm McCade Caulfield Sprint Tips
Selections - 6,2,7,3
Looking the best bet of the day, 6. ALFA ORO came back in terrific form when winning by a space at Moonee Valley firsy-up at the end of September and does look to have been set for this race. He is an on-pace runner and from barrier two, he can take up the lead or get the sit behind Fabergino and Jungle Edge. He is on the minimum and although not well weighted on the ratings, he is a much better horse than his rating suggests.
2. FABERGINO was a forgive in the Moir Stakes first-up and will be better off at Caulfield in a smaller field.
7. GARNER has been well supported in the early markets after pulling up lame last start, vut he still seems a length behind his best coming into a reasonably strong race.
3. GRAFF can win on his best form but we have not seen that for some time now.
Race 8 - 4.30pm Neds Moonga Stakes Tips
Selections - 4,9,10,2
4. WILD PLANET was okay in the Epsom second-up beind Probabeel who would win this race with three legs. He was dynamic first-up in the Theo Marks when defeating Funstar who subsequently ran second in the Epsom, and having previous form around Caulfield looks good. He ran out of his skin in a Futurity Stakes last prep behind 2. STREETS OF AVALON on a leader biased day.
9. WINDSTORM is in terrific form and can win again if Streets Of Avalon and 3. BEGOOD TOYA MOTHER go hard in front.
10. BEST OF DAYS struggles to win but gets Jamie Kah in the saddle and was solid first-up in an inferior race a fortnight ago.
Streets Of Avalon won this race last year and can improve off a freshen up.
Race 9 - 5.15pm Caualfield Cup Tips
Selections - 4,7,1,17
A great edition of the Caulfield Cup with class from top to bottom of the page.
4. BUCKHURST is the intriguing runner having beaten Sir Dragonet three starts ago but not having things go his way at his last two. He drops 8.5kg from last start where he carried 63.5kg against Tiger Moth who is the Melbourne Cup favourite. The form around Magical reads well and he can get a sweet run in behind the speed from barrier seven with the likely scratchings.
7. VERRY ELLEEGANT proved she is not just a one trick pony when winning on top of the ground last start in the Turnbull Stakes, and with some predicted rain expected, this simply enhances the five time Group One winner's chances.
1. ANTHONY VAN DYCK is one of the best European horses to have ever stepped foot on Australian soil, but has to carry the top weight. Yes, he beat Stradivarius last start over 2400m, but we know the sharp turn of foot against middle distance to staying types is not the champs strong points.
17. TOFFEE TONGUE was very good in the Tunrbull and the 4YO fillies have a great record in this race if they are good enough.
Race 10 - 5.50pm Schweppes Tristarc Stakes
Selections - 2,4,1,3
Giving 2. MADAM ROUGE one more chance off a run at Flemington where she has every chance in the world to win. Argably, she is a better mare ridden quietly so that she can use that turn of foot to storm home, as last start she box seated and that sprint just was not there. She could have won the Sir Rupert Clarke with even luck so hopefully we see a quieter ride here.
4. FELICIA was gallant in defeat last week and brings in some strong mares fornm to the race. She is better suited over the 1400m here than she was sprinting off a solid tempo.
1. PRETTY BRAZEN brings the Rupert Clarke form here again with a third placing in that race, which was subsequent to a win over Caulfield Stakes winner Arcadia Queen at her previous start.
3. PERFECT JEWEL was not suited back to the 1400m off a sustained 1600m run previous to that run, so this looks a suitable race back at Caufield.
QLD PREVIEW: Doomben Best Bets